Setlist super challenge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
OK, here we go. Dream setlist for this tour, speculate a few new songs based on the descriptions, then disregard ALL songs played regularly during Elevation tour. Songs played only once or twice, such as "In God's Country" and "A Sort of Homecoming" are game. Also, songs played primarily acoustically are allowed if they are presented here as full band performances. No electric songs may go acoustic. Also, try to cover a reasonable spread of the band's periods. Seeing as it's 2:30 and I'm really effing tired, I'm going to sleep now. I'll post this tomorrow. Also, ATYCLB tracks are eligible since most were played regularly, but try to limit them.

total songs 18-22

I dont care what they play....I could handle hearing streets (not my most favourite live song, put it to sleep guys!!!) 18 times if only to hear In gods country played:drool:

but in reality and being realistic I am hoping to hear...

electrical storm
something really old, I dont think Out of control will make another show, it would be great if it did, but maybe the electric co or anything else from Boy would be great, apart from I will follow
bullet the blue sky
even better than the real thing
stay
In Gods country:drool: (yes, I have an un-healthy obsession with this song!)
a sort of homecoming
gloria- how cool would that be?

songs that I would be happy to see left out,
streets
New years day
angel of harlem

I was doing this exercise on the post-it pad on my fridge this morning!
But I used the last one and the list is at home dammit...
I'll be back...

my only variant on the trip is that I wouldn't consider anything off the new LP that I hadn't heard yet, so for me it was just considering Vertigo to start and then from there what we have in the can...
A sort of homecoming was on my list indeed!
As was I will Follow and Bullet the Bly Sky
Love is Blindness
So Cruel
Even Better than the Real Thing

(ah, *that's*! why I spent
the morning driving around town looking everywhere for a can of coke...do you know they don't sell these at gas-stations and
supermarkets cold anymore?! Seriously! I even asked at one ,where I must have looked pitiful enough for someone to say 'can we help you?'...'yeah; I'm looking for *cans* of coke.'
'we have bottles, here, 40cents' 'why doesn't anyone have cans anymore?'...I knew the answer...'i think it's the screw-top'....
what if you want a messy can of the REal Thing and you don't give a shit if you spill it on your car's change-keeper?! I had to go to Walmart, a place I am truly scared of, and use those machines outside. Even those machines are almost all *bottles* now!!!! It was really strange feeling like I found salvation at the
soda machine outside walmart.

on that note...
cheers all!

edit: Oh, and I didn't notice before that "the challenge" included trying not to include stuff that came into heavy rotation on elevation, maybe since that wouldn't work for me anyhow because I have no clue what was there.
There's a lot of stuff off ATYCLB I'd want to have on the list though, so I'd ignore the directive anyway, most likely.

cheers again!

Last edited:
I would be mad if U2 didn't play Streets live. I still get goose bumps when I hear the Edge play the intro.

ShellBeThere said:

edit: Oh, and I didn't notice before that "the challenge" included trying not to include stuff that came into heavy rotation on elevation, maybe since that wouldn't work for me anyhow because I have no clue what was there.
There's a lot of stuff off ATYCLB I'd want to have on the list though, so I'd ignore the directive anyway, most likely.

cheers again!

How rude of me to dismiss a suggestion, even if it's phrased as an expectation...sorry!
I blame the cafeine in the cola I had, which in chatting
with a very lovely fellow mom at gymnastics class I learned was less good for her than cafeine-*free* coke, hard as that is to find in cans!

She sticks to just chocolate now, and I must say that when I later saw a girl with a 'just give me some chocolate and noone gets hurt' t-shirt on, I considered maybe I should do the same.

I found the set-list I doodled on my son's spelling word list, not on a post-it.
but here it is, in no particular order. It looks like I obeyed thedirective anyhow, or at least didn't flash on many songs from ATYCLB despite my thinking they *should* be there...

With or Without You
So Cruel
Please
Elevation
Kite
Gone
Discotheque
Lemon
Numb
I feel Loved
Love is Blindness
Electrical Storm
When I look at the world
Pride
Bullet the blue sky
Big Girls are best
A sort of homecoming
Grace (huh?!)
Even better than the real thing
Lady with the Spinning Head
I will Follow
One

those are the ones I flashed on at the fridge, and I surrendered them to the pink slip of spellingtest scrap paper.

cheers all!

Last edited:
1. Vertigo
2. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
3. All Because of You
4. In God's Country
5. Last Night on Earth
6. City of Blinding Lights
7. A Sort of Homecoming
8. Ultraviolet
9. Love is Blindness
10. Van Diemen's Land (Edge solo acoustic)
11. October
12. One Tree Hill
13. The Electric Co.
14. Gloria
15. Beautiful Day

16. Electrical Storm
17. Two Hearts Beat as One
18. Kite
19. Walk On

20. Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
21. Please (Full band)
22. Yahweh/40

1.Vertigo
2.All Because of You
3.Beautiful Day
4.Until The End Of The World
5.Electric Co
6.Out Of Control
7.Sunday Bloody Sunday-Wake Up Dead Man
8.Miracle Drug
9.Love and Peace or Else
10.Original of the Species
11.Gone
12.New Year's Day
13.New York
14.City of Blinding Lights
15.Where The Streets Have No Name
16.Exit
(break)
17.Elevation
18.Mysterious Ways
19.Bullet The Blue Sky
(break)
20.Walk On
21.Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
22.One-40

1. Vertigo
2. All because of you
3. Even better than the real thing
4. New Year's Day
5. Sometimes you can't make it on your own
6. Original of the species
7. Electrical Storm
8. I will follow
9. The fly
10. Beautiful Day (acoustic)
11. Staring at the sun (acoustic)
12. Angel of Harlem
13. City of blinding lights
14. Where the streets have no name
----
15. Elevation
16. Until the end of the world
17. Bullet the blue sky
18. Hold me thrill me kiss me kill me
----
19. Miracle Drug
20. One
21. Love is blindness
22. Yahweh

You know, it's really weird, but lately I'm feeling like I don't need/want anything but absolutely *all* the new stuff, with maybe just a couple of the old tunes...I know there are other threads dedicated to this position, but why not actually *tour* the new stuff instead of making it a best-of list all the time?!
You know, a variant on the answer folks get when they ask the artist what his favorite is...the one I'm working on now, the one I just finished?
just a little thought....

cheers all!

Back
Top Bottom