Setlist Spoiler Alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Babyface
SETLIST SPOLIER ALERT SETLIST SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was at GM Place Thursday night - 6:30 with my wife and we went to the upper level and could hear through the glass quite clearly the band playing Vertigo. But after a little while they started inserting the verse lines from Stories for Boys in the "All of this can be yours" part. Very cool to hear them play such an old classic live. Came home and looked up the lyrics and had fogotten about the "Hello, hello" part at the end of the choruses. Pretty interesting idea to meld the two. Or maybe they were just having fun. But posters concerned about a pedestrian setlist should trust their instincts. U2 is very self-analytical, very aware of the burden they carry and very unwilling to put out a product that doesn't push the envelope. I think the Vertigo tour will prove to be best yet, with something for everyone, and everything for true fans.

I really do hope that they actually snippet Stories For Boys during actual concerts. That would be sensational, not just because I'd love to hear it but because of the awesome trivia associated with it. Stories For Boys was the second album song U2 ever cut from their live sets, removing it early in 1982 after Shadows And Tall Trees was cut in 1980. If they brought it back, even just in snippet form ... :drool:

This setlist nerd will explode with excitement.

Also, did you hear anything else? What more can you tell us? Too many spoilers are not enough!

Back
Top Bottom