Setlist for tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stargift

The Fly
I don't read Spanish, but it sounds like (just guessing) maybe this is saying that MTV has the setlist for the tour (obviously open to changes). Could someone translate?

Setlist para los conciertos del Vertigo Tour 2005, filtrado por la MTV en la entrevista de ayer con Bono, segun declaraciones de Bono este será el setlist casi con toda seguridad:

1-Intro(versión tecno de Crumbs from Your Table)

Con todo el grupo ya en escena:
2-Vertigo
3-Love and Peace or Else
4-One
5-Ultra Violet
6-Until The End Of The World
7-Miracle Drug
8-All Because of You
9-Please
10-Love Is Blindness
11-Even Better Than The Real Thing
12-Original of the Species
13-City of Blinding Lights
14-Sunday Bloody Sunday
15-I Will Follow
16-Sometimes you can't make it on your own
17-Where The Streets Have No Name
18-Love and Peace or Else
19-I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
20-Pride (In The Name Of Love)
21-Crumbs from Your Table
late so we know for sure what is being said?

Hey - which MTV page did you see this at? Let me know...because I'd love to report this. Odd setlist indeed.

Put into babel fish comes out like

Setlist for the concerts for the Vertigo Tour 2005, leaked by MTV in the interview yesterday with Bono, Bono says this will be setlist almost with complete certainty

I hope atleast one of these songs will be picked up for this tour, and thats Ultraviolet.. One of my all time favorites..

LAPOE twice?

No NYD?

No WOWY?

No BULLET? They have played Bullet every tour since its release.

And not a single track from ATYCLB?

I'm suspicious.

Odds of this being a setlist in my book: Next to nothing.

The won't play LAPOE twice.

One is way too much an emotional classic to be played early in the set--I'd say it's more likely to have "Sometimes" in the first 10 songs.

There isn't really room for an acoustic set.

Nothing from ATYCLB? I don't think so. Beautiful Day is certain.

There is absolutely no flow to this setlist. Love is Blindness into Even Better Than The Real Thing? Ending the show with Crumbs? Also, Adam said they'd be playing Yahweh and that's not in this list.

ImOuttaControl said:
Odds of this being a setlist in my book: Next to nothing.

The won't play LAPOE twice.

One is way too much an emotional classic to be played early in the set--I'd say it's more likely to have "Sometimes" in the first 10 songs.

They played 11 O'Clock Tick Tock twice in the early days...but they didn't have nearly as much of a back catalog then.

They played One in the first ten songs during ZooTV.

namkcuR said:

They played One in the first ten songs during ZooTV.

That was before the song was considered a classic, and is why "Sometimes" will be earlier in the set like ZooTV.

They won't have a song that's been an encore staple for the last 2 tours in the first 3 songs like this setlist shows. Having a slow song as the 3rd song when promoting their "first rock album" would make no sense whatsoever. U2 does ususally 2 encores when they play--I can see if sometime they put it at the end of the 1st encore, but it's such a fan favorite and an emotional part of the set that i'll never be dropped lower in the setlist.

Beautiful Day is THE song most certain to be played on this tour so that setlist seems dodgy to me. Be cool to see Love is Blindness and Please performed again but chances are they'll choose to perform WOWY above those

Look, I love seeing Ultra Violet and Love is Blindness there, but that setlist is highly unlikely.

I found the report on U2eastlink.com forum and it states that With or Without You is the last song(after Crumbs) and that Love and Peace or Else will not be played twice.

This is what I got from a free online translater

Setlist for the concerts of the Vertigo Tour 2005, leaked by the
MTV in the interview of yesterday with Bono, segun Bono declarations this will be setlist almost with complete certainty:

If true

:drool:

I really don't think we should look too much into these. Were still nearly 2 months away and if anything these are songs Bono probably said they have rehearsed. Which is still a good thing. Nice to see Ultra Violet back.

Last edited:
They changed it all the time last tour. I don't think they'll ever release the setlist before the start of the tour.

This can't be true.

First of all, BD is going to be a setlist staple from now until U2 hang it up.

Second, as much as I would love it, there is no way we will hear Ultraviolet or Love is Blindness again live.

OK the setlist is from an mtv interview to bono and one person listen it and wrote this in an spanish forum

The setlist bono said is this:

Remeber we are from spain and the person listen it is not sure about some songs

And excuse me for my bad english :wink:

1-Intro(Crumbs from Your Table tecno version)

Full grup:
2-Vertigo
3-Love and Peace or Else
4-One
5-Ultra Violet
7-Miracle Drug
8-All Because of You
9-Please
10-Love Is Blindness
14-Sunday Bloody Sunday
15-I Will Follow
16-Sometimes you can't make it on your own
17-Where The Streets Have No Name
18-Not sure. May be Beautiful day?
19-I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
20-Pride (In The Name Of Love)
22- WOWY

If this rumor is true, I will be a very, VERY happy man.
Only Running To Stand Still is missing to make this setlist fantastic. The one thing I could complain about this is the Still Haven't Found-Pride combo in the encore. These songs are so dated...
I can only dream now about The Electric Co., Exit, Dirty Day or ACROBAT!

nobody reads this

let's make the play-by-play

John_Doe said:

1-Intro(Crumbs from Your Table tecno version)

:drool:

3-Love and Peace or Else
4-One

I can't see that happening... too slow for a starter

4-One
5-Ultra Violet

but this is SO diggable :drool:.. it actually makes sense

7-Miracle Drug

but that isn't

9-Please
10-Love Is Blindness

mmm.. maybe

10-Love Is Blindness

HELL NO!!!! :angry: :mad:

hey, it doesn't sound bad... the could melt ala Bad/Streets

interesting... especially as a finisher.. but

please no :no:

Where's YAHWEH??? :mad:

Chances of this being true... 20%
Chances of this being true if proven that Bono said this... 5%

:wink:

Re: nobody reads this

pepokiss said:

Chances of this being true... 20%
Chances of this being true if proven that Bono said this... 5%

:wink:

I think so :wink:

Bono use to lie 90/95% when speaking about songs/tours

IMO

I don't think Ultraviolet, Love is blindness will ever see daylight again.

I've got a strange feeling that Love and peace, Crumbs and Please aren't going to make the cut either (I don't know why I just do)

Beautiful Day and Stuck in a moment I think will be new classics played every show.

I'm also pretty sure Yahweh's gonna close the show.

As for the others: definitely possible but the order doesn't seem realistic whatsoever, it just doesn't sound appealing.

I could also see them playing out most of the new stuff first and mixing up the classics later in the show(ala Zoo Tv), which I think had a great way of setting the mood of things and conveying the specific energy and freshness of the new tracks.

I'm really curious to see what starts to get dropped as the bands catalog grows!

Where's BAD???
This setlist is rubbish - there's no way they'd play Love Is Blindness that early in the set. And no Beautiful Day - I don't think so.

Back
Top Bottom