setlist for the new tour-your thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Setlist 1
Out of control*
SBS**
Bad***
Streets
WOWY
In god's country
When love comes to town?
Desire
One
EBTTRT****
Discotheque
Please
New York*****
Kite
Stay
7 new songs

Setlist 2
I will follow*
NYD**
Pride***
Streets
I still...
Running to stand still
AIWIY
Angel of Harlem
UTEOTW
Mysterious ways****
Staring at the sun
Gone
BD
Stuck*****
ES/Hands
7 new songs

* sometimes 11 O clock tick tock is played instead
** sometimes Two hearts beat as one is played (didn't they rehearse it on the last tour?)
*** sometimes Party girl is played
**** sometimes The fly is played
***** sometimes In a little while is played

Last edited:
I think most of the songs you have listed have at least a chance of being played, though of course not in that order (Desire/One/EBTTRT? Take out One and put it after Kite, I think). I am not sure if we will see In God's Country, and I would love WLCTT though I don't consider it a great possibility. New York ... hm, only in New York in my opinion.

I can't really pick much fault with the choices, though.

Yes, the order is odd because I went album by album for what I think will be played. (I kinda hope they will be in the oldies mood again)

I thought In God's country might come back again, they did play it a few times on the last tour. (but I'm counting more on Running to stand still)
I think the singles get higher chances of being played and so I added WLCTT. (unless they buried all R&H material except the 3 songs they played on the last tour.)

I put New York because it had so much energy live, that song could become U2's third decade's Bad or UTEOTW - live classics that were not singles. IMO. (on the other hand, Kite live just doesn't do anything for me. weird tempo for a live tune, just like Bullet the blue sky - and too much similarity to the album version)

I'm hoping that predicting a U2 setlist this tour is difficult, because for the most part its not. What we've learned from the past is that if U2 cuts a new song on their tour and doesnt play it again on the same tour, its finished. The only occasion i can think of is when tomorrow appeared on the war tour after not really being played on its own album's tour. There is usually a reason why U2 stops playing a song.

But with that, these are the songs that might have a chance to appear. I read somewhere that Bono said he would love to bring back dirty day. That would be a welcome surprise. I'm seeing a ton of setlist with Love is Blindness. The arena lights during the Elevation tour for with or without you were just a bad attempt at the love is blindness lights from zoo tv. The song has more power thatn without or without you now and would be a great song in the last encore. running to stand still is a possibility. the flirted with it twice on the last tour and there is a distinct possibility that only streets will appear from joshua tree on the fuirst night. so maybe this one will get a different look. And my wildcard is The Unforgettable Fire. Rumored to be soundchecked, adn the key word there is rumored during the elevation tour.

Who knows, but history shows there will be one surpise like the fly last tour.

Back
Top Bottom