Setlist for Live Aid part 2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
What do you think U2 will play?

I think these songs in no order...

Beautiful Day
Where The Streets Have No Name
One
Crumbs From Your Table
Pride
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bad (it's possible)

Good thread ,

I wonder how many songs they are allowed to play?
Three again? ( I think 5 this time? )

This is what I think they might play.

01 - Vertigo
02 - Pride
03 - Streets
04 - One
05 - Bad ( with 40 snippet )

Cheers ,

Mauwer

i think it will be 20 minutes and they will give at least 1 fan and 1 hit

Streets
Beautiful Day
One
Bad (40)

Is my prediction. Maybe even a surprise outing for desire, the first uk no.1

they'll get whatever time QUEEN had at the original LIVE AID...

I say:

1-Beautiful Day
2-Pride
3-Where The Streets Have No Name
4-One
5-Crumbs
6-Bad

U2 are down to open the show with Paul McCartney. They are backing him on Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band (I think that was the song that was mentioned).

As for show times, I think it's the same rule as last time, about 20 minutes each, and I reckon they'll play 3 or 4 songs. I don't think Bad will make it in the set.

U2 will be on early as they fly to Vienna (I think) straight afterwards to get ready for that evenings show.

My prediction -

Beautiful Day
Crumbs from Your Table
Pride (In the Name of Love)
Vertigo

My 6 songs set:
1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Beautiful Day
3. Pride
4. Where The Streets Have No Name
5. Crumbs From Your Table
6. One

If they play Streets and Pride I don't know if they would have Pride first and Streets following it, like they are doing now, so Bono can do the Africa talk or if they would do like in Zoo TV and Elevation with Streets followed by Pride. Anyway it's good. I'm not so sure if they will pay Beautiful Day.... I really hope Crumbs is played.

My 4 songs set:
Where The Streets Have No Name
Pride
Crumbs From Your Table
One

I think this one would be closer to what they will do. As Streets is starting Bono could walk in and start the "From the bridge Anselma..." speech. But with Streets before Pride he woulden't be able to say the other stuff he says at the end of Pride as it fades into Streets like they did on tour. Crumbs fits great after Pride and One is the best closer.

Yeah, that's right neilm, I read this somewhere to. PMcC to open with U2 backing him. I think this particular song (Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band) was chosen because the opening line is appropriate....i.e. "It was twenty years ago today......"

I think U2 will then go on to play 3 or 4 songs before jetting off to Vienna. What they'll play however, is anyones guess but Vertigo I think's a good bet to be in there somewhere and probably One?

Something like BD, Crumbs, Vertigo and One would work well.

I think the opening will only be one Paul McCartney song (Sgt. Peppers), then Paul will play again later in the evening. The reason being is that he's considered one of the "headliners" (read that somewhere). I would presume he'll be one of the last full performances of the show. U2 should be headlining also but probably the Vienna gig gets in the way of that.

In the original Live Aid, there was a lot of duets/collaborations where the artist would do their main set of 5 or 6 songs, then reappear for another song or two like 30 mins or an hour later with someone else.

Last edited:
vertigo
beautiful day
Sometimes
sunday (ala live aid anniversary)
streets
micacle drug (with with or without you snippets)
cause its the same type of bass line

then back to Vienna is it
that night for vertigo tour

BB Mac

Last edited:
Vertigo
Beautiful Day
Pride>
Streets
One

Pride>Sreets & One will be directly lifted from their currrent show, with probably some reduced patter from Bono. Besides covering "the hits," those three are at the core of the message of hope and inclusion that they're preaching on tour. Vertigo and Beautiful Day are the up-tempo crowd-pleasers from the most recent two successful albums, reminding people that the band is not a nostalgia act.

I really don't believe for a second that Crumbs would be played. It's not a single, it hasn't been pushed at all, the album is not popular enough for millions of people to know it, and, gee, THEY HAVEN'T EVEN PLAYED IT LIVE YET.

Vertigo
Miracle Drug
Streets
All Because of You

This is not my preferred setlist, just my prediction.

Back
Top Bottom