Set for 2005-04-06, Los Angeles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes the bitorrents are confusing, but you can just dowload the mp3 tracks direct its MUCH easier...

do you have Itunes?

Aardvark747 said:
"Splashes the soul of my shoes"......:madspit:

(pls god don't let him have sung that!!)

Aardvark, shoes have soles, not souls.

Great setlist. I gotta admit I never liked The Ocean much but I think it's awesome that they played it after so long. Maybe it's time for Twilight now! :hmm:

Axver said:

We list The Cry separately on u2-vertigo-tour.com for a number of reasons:
1. The band themselves write it as a separate song on their setlists.

Dallas gave me a set list tonight after the show and it's listed
as Cry / Electric Co.

karmic_postmark said:

Dallas gave me a set list tonight after the show and it's listed
as Cry / Electric Co.

Ah, that's interesting. Our notation is based on what U2 used in the early days, back when The Cry was originally played. I've a scan of 10 April 1981 and it reads:

The Cry
Electric Co.

This silly fever I've got has me delirious. I don't think I'm reading that right. :huh:

I think Love&Peace is a much better opener than COBL, but it works too.

The Ocean was surpricing, maybe there´s a chance for "I Fall Down" finally again...

I hope they start bringing in some more songs now. Maybe some Pop songs (Gone is always good live, and Discoteque played without any computersounds, just plain rock, would fit fine). Some more from ATYCLB would be nice too. Elevation can go (at least the version they play now. The guitar for intro/first 2 verses is just annoying).

LO3 agree with you, I've seen them open with LAPOE and COBL twice each, LAPOE is much more intense...

the guitar in elevation is definatley annoying, they could bounce that for antoher track off Bomb...

I wish I could have seen Original Species, that will be overpowering live as it builds to that great crescendo....

The Maestro said:
Where's the 'Johnny Comes Marching Home' snippet from?

I think that the proper name of that traditional is English Civil War. The Clash (among others) covered it (on Give 'Em Enough Rope)

The Maestro said:
Where's the 'Johnny Comes Marching Home' snippet from?

When I looked it up, I found it was some traditional song from the US Civil War, but I think I also saw something that said it had Irish connections too.

Could look it up again if anyone wants to know.

Nisse said:
The Ocean, fantastic! But it needs it's partner 11 O'Clock Tick Tock :drool:

Agreed! What's The Ocean without 11 O'clock Tick Tock flowing into or out of it? :drool:

U2@NYC said:
Was Unchained Melody the full song or just this short version that Bono has always been doing after One?

I hear it was the full version

I haven't been to any Vertigo Tour concerts yet, but from reading the setlists, it appears they are playing far more "rockers" than slower tunes. By my accounts, it appears to be at least a 2:1 ratio. I think they are playing more upbeat songs than they on previous tours. This is a very, very good thing.

Back
Top Bottom