Set for 2005-04-02, Anaheim.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Here's the setlist for tonight's show, with what I think is the best flow of the tour so far. I see there's a thread already on this but I thought I'd post the whole set in the first post for convenience. Miracle Drug was dedicated to the Pope.

http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/show1291.html

Main set:
Love And Peace Or Else
Vertigo / Stories For Boys (snippet) / Hello (snippet)
Elevation
The Cry
The Electric Co. / Send In The Clowns (snippet) / I Can See For Miles (snippet)
An Cat Dubh
Into The Heart
City Of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day / Blackbird (snippet)
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / No Regrets (snippet)
New Year's Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky / The Hands That Built America (snippet) / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
Running To Stand Still
Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways

encore(s):
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One
All Because Of You
Yahweh

:up: :rockon:

Big thanks again to celticbhoy who kept me updated on the set as the show unfolded.

Last edited:
24 songs... wow.. that's great...

still not liking LAPOE opening

btw: what song is "hello"?.. the snippet from vertigo... what's that? :scratch:

pepokiss said:
still not liking LAPOE opening

btw: what song is "hello"?.. the snippet from vertigo... what's that? :scratch:

LAPOE is a great opener.
"Hello" is an Oasis song I think..."hello hello, its good to be back"

bono_man2002 said:

LAPOE is a great opener.
"Hello" is an Oasis song I think..."hello hello, its good to be back"

Yep, Hello is by Oasis, that's the line.

Speaking of snippets ... can I hassle you again? Did they do Send In The Clowns and I Can See For Miles in The Electric Co.? No Regrets after SYCMIOYO? Anything else you remember?

Axver said:

Yep, Hello is by Oasis, that's the line.

Speaking of snippets ... can I hassle you again? Did they do Send In The Clowns and I Can See For Miles in The Electric Co.? No Regrets after SYCMIOYO? Anything else you remember?

I could keep in a job if you keep asking me these, but I don't really mind.

Electric Co -> Send In The Clowns -> I Can See For Miles
SYCMIOYO -> No Regrets
Beautiful Day -> Blackbird

As far As I can remember.
Wish they'd played MLK, but Great show, Yet Again.

bono_man2002 said:

I could keep in a job if you keep asking me these, but I don't really mind.

Electric Co -> Send In The Clowns -> I Can See For Miles
SYCMIOYO -> No Regrets
Beautiful Day -> Blackbird

As far As I can remember.
Wish they'd played MLK, but Great show, Yet Again.

:laugh:

You know I can't help myself. :wink: Thanks!

Yeah, I was really thinking they'd bring out MLK. Surprised they didn't, really.

OK, just edited the original post to include the additional snippets.

No Regrets

No regrets is either a Walker Brothers or Scott Walker song. His album Climate of the Hunter was supposed to be an influence on TJT esp With or Without You.

I can only say what's already been said "Now THAT'S the setlist i want to see." Luckily no Still haven't found... it's just a great rock and roll show!

I think the setlist still needs serious changes :sad: ATYCLB numbers are just pretty filler stuff, as well Electric Co ( sorry, but after listening to UABRS CD version... :tsk: ).

Why on earth the 90´s are so underrepresented, and the 80´s and 00´s are quite overrepresented at the same time ?. Yet not songs from Zooropa and Pop, that´s unforgivable. On Pop Mart Tour they never played Zooropa numbers, and on Elevation tour they barely played a few songs from both albums :down:

This would be my setlist, less boring than the official one and more intense and insteresting:

01. City Of Blinding Lights
02. Vertigo
03. Mofo
04. I Will Follow
05. An Cat Dubh/ Into The Heart
06. Zooropa
07. All Because Of You
08. Miracle Drug
09. Love And Peace Or Else
10. New Year's Day
11. Pride (In The Name Of Love)

12. Please ( Bono and The Edge, Elevation version )
13. Sunday Bloody Sunday ( Edge solo, Pop Mart version )

14. Bullet The Blue Sky
15. Running To Stand Still
16. Where The Streets Have No Name

- The Fly section -
17. Zoo Station
18. The Fly
19. Mysterious Ways
20. Acrobat ( What the hell happened with the petition ? )

- Mc Phisto section -
21. Discotheque
22. Lemon
23. Yahweh
24. The First Time

Peace :wave:

Axver said:
Main set:
Love And Peace Or Else
Vertigo / Stories For Boys (snippet) / Hello (snippet)
Elevation
The Cry
The Electric Co. / Send In The Clowns (snippet) / I Can See For Miles (snippet)

Now that's fucking rock n' roll to nock you out on the ground! :crack: :bow: Good to see The Electric Co. again and Elevation at the beggining might be interesting. This show seems to be loaded. I'm loving every show so far!!!! :drool:

ponkine said:
I think the setlist still needs serious changes :sad: ATYCLB numbers are just pretty filler stuff, as well Electric Co ( sorry, but after listening to UABRS CD version... :tsk: ).

:huh: The Electric Co. sounds amazing imo. I hope they will play this one every night!

"Hello Hello It's Good To Be Back" is originally by Gary Glitter the song is "It's good to be back"

maybe Oasis did a version but it's glam rocker Gary Glitter

HelloHelloHola said:
"Hello Hello It's Good To Be Back" is originally by Gary Glitter the song is "It's good to be back"

maybe Oasis did a version but it's glam rocker Gary Glitter

I think the Oasis song is referencing the Gary Glitter song.

We live in the shadows
And we had the chance but threw it away
And it's never gonna be the same
'Cause the years are falling by like the rain
It's never gonna be the same
'Til the life I knew comes to my house and says
Hello (It's Good to be Back) [This part is submerged behind the noise]

It's definitely not unusual for Oasis to not-so-subtley pay homage to their influences

ponkine said:

Why on earth the 90´s are so underrepresented, and the 80´s and 00´s are quite overrepresented at the same time ?. Yet not songs from Zooropa and Pop, that´s unforgivable. On Pop Mart Tour they never played Zooropa numbers, and on Elevation tour they barely played a few songs from both albums :down:

I really don't miss any of the Pop songs. I do love Zooropa, but even those songs aren't quite as exciting to hear live as a lot of others U2 could potentially play. And, although there are some great songs off of Achtung Baby that I'd love to see the band play, I really don't see that the 90s under-representation is a bad thing. And I don't think the 80s are being over-represented either. There are just so many more great songs that U2 made in the 80s than in the 90s that it makes sense that a U2 setlist would be dominated by those songs.

But at any rate, I'll pretty much be happy with whatever U2 wants to do.

From NME (with a quote from Noel):
This opening track was premiered at Glastonbury and borrows the riff from Gary Glitter's 'It's Good To Be Back'. "It's one of the three songs on the album that's not about anything. I spend as much time on the lyrics as I do on the music. I'd like our kid to spend more time on them but he spends no time at all. Obviously, everyone is going on about the Gary Glitter thing, but I just had that in for a laugh."
I think the Gary Glitter song is actually called "Hello, Hello, I'm Back Again," for whatever that's worth.

Back
Top Bottom