Set for 2005-04-01, Anaheim.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Electic Co. - Basically, the only old song so far that really had a lot of energy coming from Bono......I'm hoping this shows up at a lot of shows.

An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart - Quite good, but a head scratcher for non fanatics.

Gloria - Cool that they brought it back, but it lacked energy on SD2.

WOWY - They can easily nail this song and did it quite well on Elevation.....but SD2 was horrid.

I haven't heard last night's show yet.....but I think "Mysterious Ways" and "I Still Haven't Found" are good ways to get the crowd involved, no matter how they're played.

BigMacPhisto said:
WOWY - They can easily nail this song and did it quite well on Elevation.....but SD2 was horrid.

Other way around. WOWY sounded tired and relatively weak on the Elevation Tour, but SD2 was Bono's best vocal performance of the song since ZooTV, imo.

namkcuR said:

Other way around. WOWY sounded tired and relatively weak on the Elevation Tour, but SD2 was Bono's best vocal performance of the song since ZooTV, imo.

agreed, I liked this version a lot. It was better than 90% of the Elevation versions, and Larry was hitting those drums a little harder...

RademR said:

agreed, I liked this version a lot. It was better than 90% of the Elevation versions, and Larry was hitting those drums a little harder...

i third that. i was very impressed with WOWY a couple nights ago. Elevation Tour version did nothing for me.

Yes, WOWY was nailed in SD2! :up:

I think it has a lot to do with the fact it was played early in the night. It was always an encore (when it was played) during the Elevation tour and lost its magic with a tired Bono.

So far, I am quite glad that the element of suprise is still there in terms of changed up orders and a couple of new songs being played.

Roland of Gilead said:
So far, I am quite glad that the element of suprise is still there in terms of changed up orders and a couple of new songs being played.

ya, that's true. Even if they stick with a lot of songs and switch up their positions it's really good.

On the last tour, if you had to take a bathroom break at the end of "Beautiful Day", you had to hold it because you knew UTEOTW was coming next. :wink:

I think i expected them to rotate the songs in more than 1 or 2 new ones a night. Do you think they will eventually rotate 4, 5 or even 6 songs a night if theyre choosing from around 50?

Here's all of the songs that we can confirm have been rehearsed or played within the last year:

I Will Follow*
An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart
Out of Control*
The Ocean*
The Electric Co.
Gloria
Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Year's Day
Surrender*
Pride
Bad*
Where The Streets Have No Name
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
With or Without You
Bullet the Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Desire*
She's A Mystery To Me*
Zoo Station
Even Better Than The Real Thing*
One
Until The End Of The World*
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Beautiful Day
Stuck In A Moment
Elevation
Walk On*
New York*
The Hands That Built America (Snippeted)
Vertigo
Miracle Drug
Sometimes
Love and Peace Or Else
City of Blinding Lights
All Because Of You
One Step Closer*
Original Of The Species*
Yahweh

Looking at the ones that haven't been played so far in the tour:

I Will Follow and Out of Control - Will undoubtedly show up on other dates

The Ocean - They rehearsed it, but I don't see it being likely.

Surrender - Could be an intersting track for them to pull out once or twice.....but I don't think it will make the sets.

Bad - Should show up at a couple of shows.

Desire - We'll definitely see this huge hit at a number of shows.

She's A Mystery To Me - Showed up a lot on Elevation....don't think we'll see it much anymore.

Even Better Than The Real Thing - Kind of a toughie to play, or at least setup.....I don't really see them pulling this one out at all.

Walk On - Should show up at a few shows.

New York - Should show up at an MSG show or two.

One Step Closer - Probably will be snippeted....nothing more.

Original of the Species - This song wasn't rehearsed in Vancouver, but was played on the promo tour.........could show up on a later leg.

Last edited:
Maybe An Cat Dubh really just fell flat on Monday night. Maybe they won't play it again. I hope they at least play it on May 7th, but if not, oh well.

This set is great. It's one thing to look at a list of songs, and it's an entirely different and much better thing to be there and watch it happen. I'm sure it'll be great no matter what they play. The only thing that would've made this concert PERFECT in my opinion is that while the crowd was singing after 40, come back onstage and played ELECTRIC CO as the final encore. THat would have Electrified the audience to the extreme!

I tell you all in the past U2 has stuck pretty solid to there setlists. I was talking to my buddy who is the world's biggest Dead Head on earth and we figured it's like they are taking a play out of the playbook from the Grateful Dead. The Grateful Dead have a different setlist every show, never the same songs a consent change for there fans to make copies of the show. If that is how it's gonna be I tell you I might have to invest in another hard drive, and a ton of blank cds. Thank god for my high speed internet connection for downloading and my iPod has plenty of room too!!! Who knows they might go back to the early days start with the same song and end on it. That would be classic!!!

I would also like to say for those that are putting the concerts out, for us who can't go to the concerts yet a big thank you. Peace out see you in Omaha in Decemebr if anyone is going!!! TL

I'm really starting to like this setlist

at first i didn't like it, because i'd rather see vertigo, electric co., gloria etc. open the show before lapoe, sps, and bullet, but i think i like this now...

WOWY need to be played on the last encore,if you not be happy with that.Who cares?

U2 need to dropped the songs Zoo Station,Running to Stand Still and Elevation for replace by Walk On,Bad,Electrical Storm,The Unforgettable Fire and UTEOTW.

I'll repeat this again: the old songs will be back; U2 wouldn't rehearse them for just one or two shows, and An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart was labelled as the "moody highlight" of opening night. It's going to be back.

C'mon guys...where's Electric Co.???? An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart??? Gloria??????? This setlist just does NOT cut it!!!!!!!
Where's The Unforgettable Fire?????? WHERE'S BAD!!!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE GET RID OF ELEVATION...PLEASE...I BEG YOU!!!!!

ok i know this is silly but this is the set list i wish to see them to play.

intro - heartland

i will follow
out of control
With A Shout (Jerusalem) or vertigo
miracle drug
sometimes...
Lapoe
unforgetable fire
until the end of the world
bad
exit

acoustic set

drowning man
stay faraway so close
yahweh

first encore

zoo station
the fly
acrobat
cobl
one

second encore

mofo
running to stand still
kite
oots
in a life time

exit of the show- Rejoice

i Know this set will never happen :sad:
but this would be a set for the ages :drool:
and would be something completly new, as if a new beggining
i am really tired of all the same songs in the show that we have allready millions of bootlegs
this would have classics, the new stuff and old things never played live, it would be from boy to man as they wish...

i realy have to be their manager or a band myself :wink:

Well, I haven't read most of this thread, just jumping in after reading the setlist from last night:

Huge, huge kudos to U2 for mixing it up.

I think COBL is a great opener, and I think LAPOE is, too... the way that Streets was a great opener on the JT & Lovetown tours, and yet Bullet was a great change-up opener on some nights.

I pray that the Co. is not gone for good... they're playing it too well. And I hope that An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart is in the regular rotation. Gloria also sounded grand on 3/30.

Hopefully they're going to spin the wheel every night, keeping us and them on our collective toes.

Good for them. Go ahead and fall down, guys... we'll pick you up.

Do U2 have fixed written setlists for each show this tour?

I know in the past they had setlists, but changed things up slightly on the Bstage or in the encore.

Have fans got the paper setlists from the stage yet?

U2FP

Back
Top Bottom