Set for 2005-03-30, San Diego.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bono_man2002 said:

i'm on $500,000 and havent used a lifeline!!

Yes No Regrets was snippited.

Thanks, mate! :up:

Now, for the million ... any other snippets?

Axver said:

Thanks, mate! :up:

Now, for the million ... any other snippets?

Not off the top of my head, concerts usurally are erased from my mind the minute I walk out, and then i remember things later..

Stories for boys was to Vertigo again, though.

bono_man2002 said:

Not off the top of my head, concerts usurally are erased from my mind the minute I walk out, and then i remember things later..

Stories for boys was to Vertigo again, though.

Heh, well, you're doing well so far!

SFB again? Cool! Loved that on the bootleg. Did Bono sing Send In The Clowns during The Electric Co.?

So, your opinion about With or Without You? How was the ending?(Any improvisation whatsoever or just the boring version from Popmart and Elevation)
Yahweh was acoustic again, I presume?

OK, here's what we've got so far ...

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo / Stories For Boys (snippet)
The Cry
The Electric Co. / I Can See For Miles (snippet)
Gloria
Beautiful Day
With Or Without You
New Year's Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / No Regrets (snippet)
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky / The Hands That Built America (snippet) / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
Running To Stand Still
Zoo Station
The Fly
Elevation

encore(s):
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One
All Because Of You
Yahweh

djerdap said:
So, your opinion about With or Without You? How was the ending?(Any improvisation whatsoever or just the boring version from Popmart and Elevation)
Yahweh was acoustic again, I presume?

WOWY was very good I thought, a real suprise after BD.
It was WOWY's traditional "Ohhhh Oh Oh Ohhh " ending.

Yahweh was again acoustic, bono commented "very good"

And I thought Vertigo was so awsome tonight.....

i am against a setlist full of hits and classics, but i confess that i like to see wowy and uteotw there.
i recognize that they have been overplayed, so a smartest move for a change would be to change their traditional places in the order.
i mean, wowy has been always played in encores, so it was a great idea to play it early in the set. and now, if uteotw, that has always been played early, was included in the encore or played as the last one from the main set (replacing elevation) that would be perfect.

Axver said:
OK, here's what we've got so far ...

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo / Stories For Boys (snippet)
The Cry
The Electric Co. / I Can See For Miles (snippet)
Gloria
Beautiful Day
With Or Without You
New Year's Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / No Regrets (snippet)
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky / The Hands That Built America (snippet) / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
Running To Stand Still
Zoo Station
The Fly
Elevation

encore(s):
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One
All Because Of You
Yahweh

Glad to see Gloria getting in there. New Years Day and With Or Without You are tunes I hope to hear again too. Hope I didnt miss out on An Cat Duhb! Others I hope make it in the rotation are Bad and Out Of Control. I dont care how many times I hear those. I would love to hear Rejoice...but yea, that wont happen lol.

Even though I havent heard the transistion from Pride to Streets, I'm still trying to think of a better song to go into Streets. Maybe Miracle Drug. Have it drawn out in the end and the Streets intro creep up from behind? I really dont know at this point. However, I wouldnt be sure about Miracle Drug being a first encore.

People can say what they will, but I thought the Bad/40 into streets on the Boston DVD was freaking spectacular.

No Shining Like Stars in WOWY? ::sad:

What about texting messages?The same as yesterday? I thought they said people could send them during One?

RademR said:
did bono say at any time during the gig, "don't worry, we'll play UTEOTW at Anaheim?" j/k

:lmao:. I Hope they do play it.
I've got 4 more chances to see it in person.....then there is Australia next year........fingers crossed.

great show. the sound was really dialed in tonight. bono callled the first show a "rehersal" tonight.

let's hope arrow head pond is even better.

What about City of blinding lights ..? Better than the first night ..i hope... :|

Nice to see Electric Co. make it another night and nice to see Gloria being played. Hopefully this continues throughout the tour. I still have 8 1/2 months to wait for the Omaha gig. Alot can change between now and then. What arrangement of WOWY did they play last night? The JT/Zoo TV or Popmart/Elevation arrangement?

streets

What about Pride into Streets?? was it the same? "oh oh-oh oh"s into "AFRICA! AFRICA!"? I wasn't too impressed, but then i wasn't there.

I don't want to undermine the work Bono is doing but streets is our song... maybe he should concentrate more on keeping it our song rather than selling the whole africa argument to us. he's preaching to the converted. sell it to the politicians.

but out of interest, what was it he was singing between the last two choruses? did he do the same last night?

I'm not a big fan of the streets placement in this set..

Maybe it could be something like this(If The unforgettable fire and Bad are played that is)

Everyone
City
Elec. Co
Gloria
Unforgettable fire
Miracle drug
New Yearsday
LAPOE
SBS
Bullet
Running (crowd keeps shouting still running at the end) guitar of
SYCMIOYO starts
SYCMIOYO
Streets
Beautiful day
---------------
Zoostation
Fly
Vertigo
--------------
ABOY
Bad
With or Without you
Yahweh
One

Until The End Of The World. :sad:

I'm beginning to have my doubts if I'll ever see this live... :(

:hmm: Gloria, after 3 songs off Boy on the first night? They are reaching far back.
Staple WOWY, I guess - possibly a good sign for Bad, Mysterious ways, Until the end of the world. Interestingly enough, no Rattle and Hum songs yet and very few 90's songs so far.

What happened to the WOWY -Streets transition that McGuiness said would the be the highlight of the show?

Back
Top Bottom