Segue into Streets on 'Atomic Tour'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FullonEdge2

Refugee
I think Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own will be the main song this tour to lead into Streets. The end guitar twinkles will be easily worked into a dynamic, emotional Streets intro.

Does anyone else think other songs are going to be used?

I'd love them to continue the rotation they did on Elevation. Not necessarily with the same songs (Bad, AIWIY, and once Please), but just continuing the sense of variety.

What if they don't play "Streets" on this tour?

I want them to continue playing it and there is about 2% chance of that happening, but what if they didn't. :ohmy:

zoopop said:
What if they don't play "Streets" on this tour?

I want them to continue playing it and there is about 2% chance of that happening, but what if they didn't. :ohmy:

2% chance? There's a ZERO percent chance. The band themselves have said they will play it at every show because of the impact it has.

Heartland...Streets - Id pass out w/ joy

Running to Stand Still....Streets - unspeakable ecstasy

Please....Streets- love it

Bad...Streets- been there done that but amazing

COBL....Streets- not my choice but, sweet damn, Im at a U2 concert and its blowing my mind so Im not gonna bitch

I think Miracle Drug into Streets...

Miracle Drug has a live synthesizer in the background that would build into Streets quite nicely...

i'm dying to hear love and peace live, i sure hope they come to albany ny..............................

The more I think about it, "One Step Closer" would be perfect leading into Streets...

I see One Step Closer being the perfect lead in to Streets.

And, in terms of subject matter, City of Blinding Lights should come AFTER Streets.

After all, City of Blinding Lights was inspired by seeing the crowd in the bright light used at the beginning of Where The Streets Have No Name.

Wouldn't it make sense to see the Blinding Light and THEN sing about it?

MiracleDruggie said:
Sometimes won't lead into Streets because it will be before I Will Follow like it has been every time it has been played live.

I must correct that. I Will Follow has followed SYCMIOYO on a couple of promotional appearances, but not all.

16 October - Played twice, once followed by COBL and again to close.

16 November - Followed by Beautiful Day.

20 November - Followed by I Will Follow.

22 November - Followed by City Of Blinding Lights.

2 December - Followed by I Will Follow.

In any case, you can't take promotional appearances as indicative of tour setlists because they are short - indeed, the only setlist of any real length is 22 November, when it preceded COBL.

I think SYCMIOYO should lead into Bad. SYCMIOYO --> Bad --> COBL --> Streets would be freakin' incredible.

I think Sometimes.... would be perfect for like the number five or six song -- it can be like One was for ZooTV...?

I too think that One Step close would be the pefect segue into Streets. I don't think they should perform the entire song though. Maybe just a shortened version of it like they did with Wake Up Dead Man on the last tour.

Or, I think they should continue to do the Bad/40/Streets medley like they did during a good pportion of the Elevation tour. That's just to die for...:drool:

I'm with Axver - i'd like them to rotate the songs that lead into Streets. Who knows - they might even ending up sticking to songs not from this album for the lead in. I think Sometimes-One Step Closer-Streets would be quite good.

The John Tree said:
I see One Step Closer being the perfect lead in to Streets.

I've been saying that for months. It's not only perfect sonically, it's perfect thematically as well.

I think "Streets" should segue into "Streets".

Yes, they should play it twice, back to back. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom