Saints or ABOY wich is better ( set-wise )????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mauwer

War Child
Friends ,

Seems like Saints has kicked out ABOY of the set.
But it would``ve been really great if it was played at least one of the Sydney shows , just for diversity.

But wich one do you think works better Saints or ABOY????
( I have to yet to hear Saints from the 5th leg , I guess it must be better coz there`s no Greenday:wink: )
But I have to go with ABOY.
I know it`s not the best song from Bomb but it`s a U2 song.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

I like Saints more, but miss Bono's tambourine action on All Because of You.

:sigh:

I don't particularly think either song is great. But if I had to choose, I would choose ABOY. I just HATE it when a band I pay a shitload of money to go see plays a cover. What a cop out in my opinion.

Even though Saints is a cover, it's more fun than ABOY, which just bored me all three times I saw it.

saints isnt too bad, but i want to hear ABOY. Did anyone else hear it getting soundchecked in Sydney 2

I really like ABOY on the album, but it really suffered live. It needs Bono to actually play guitar on it.

So Saints wins!

drt4 said:
I really like ABOY on the album, but it really suffered live. It needs Bono to actually play guitar on it.

So Saints wins!

I agree, though the Brooklyn Bridge performance was great. I really don't know why it went downhill on Vertigo...

Saints is ideal for what it is: an uptempo "throwaway" rock song late in the set.

ABOY failed at this task. I'm not sure why, I just dislike the song.

Saints seriously rocked. Admittedly I never had the chance to see ABOY live so I can't compare, but for those that are wondering what Saints was like live - for all 4 shows I saw on this tour, it lifted the roof each time!

Hokusai said:
Saints seriously rocked. Admittedly I never had the chance to see ABOY live so I can't compare, but for those that are wondering what Saints was like live - for all 4 shows I saw on this tour, it lifted the roof each time!

I imagine that Saints indeed sounds way better live.
Just because Greenday isn`t singing \ playing along:wink:
Still have to check the current live-version though.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

ABOY was ok, but nothing I would miss. But I am glad I won't have to watch poor Bono embarass himself during that tambourine part... :no:

ABOY is an OK song. I think it suffered live because of its placement in the setlist. I didnt think it worked opening an encore. I liked it the few times they played it near the beginning of the setlist. Flowed better and it made the song seem more upbeat. :shrug: I actually thought it would have been a decent opening song they could have used on a 3rd night somewhere (like the MSG shows, 5 nights, they should have mixed it up WAY more).

Saints is alright. I dont think its head and shoulders above ABOY. At least ABOY is a U2 original and not a cover. Most of the time I would rather hear U2 play their music over a cover.

Saints is a better live song, I heard ABOY live and it was crap

I like the studio version a decent amount as well..

Saints was performed well on this tour

BlueRoom your'e absolutely right, the placement on the setlist may have made it suffer the way it shoudn't....its a great song as well as Saints, i think they both could work great, but it all comes down to where it is placed in the setlist, as simple as that:wink:

I like Saints a lot more as I consider ABOY pretty much of a fluff song whereas Saints, while it is a cover, actually is serving a purpose and I give Edge props for believing in Music Rising enough to put the song on the setlist.

At Melbourne I, i felt Saints was the lowest point of the show and I was really wishing that they played All Because Of You instead......but that's just me...

Mauwer said:

I imagine that Saints indeed sounds way better live.
Just because Greenday isn`t singing \ playing along:wink:
Still have to check the current live-version though.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

I finally heard Saints live from a boot-cd.
Very great , better than the studio version ( as almost all U2 songs ).
( ya see , I`m that fond of Greenday:ohmy: )

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Back
Top Bottom