Saints or ABOY wich is better ( set-wise )????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BlueRoom is totally right. ABOY was not a perfect encore opener, but it fit very well in the beginning of the setlist. It's fit perfect if it was something like COBL > Vertigo > ABOY > I will Follow > Elevation... 1 anthem and 4 rockers in a row...:drool:

Probably like ABOY more as a album song, but SAINTS is better live. Didn't get into ABOY live.

Love both though. SAINTS is a great rocker.

ABOY has been played ad nauseum. I like the live version of Saints. After hearing more then a hundred live renditions of ABOY on the various bootlegs Saints to me is a breath of fresh air.

ya the live performances of "saints" is good....of course, hate to say it but it was better at the superdome when green day's drummer was banging away at the drums.

never been the biggest larry mullen fan.

For some reason ABOY never took off live the way U2's more rocking songs do. Saints does.

I Like a lot Saints , though playing it without GD it sounds a bit , not so good

While ABOY I'm a big fan of it , both live and studio , I don't understand why people here like it , besides the obvious ones who refuse to give any good to u2 post 2000 and bomb , I mean it has one of the best edge's works , A cool intro , cool chords , great solo , and that pre-solo riff is awesome

Like Someone here said , the Brooklyn version is fantastic , and I say more , anyone who didn't like the live versions of it , I would like to recommend u the 2 1st nights , the San Diego perfomances of it , I WOULD REALLY like to hear from these people after they hear them

FOR THE ONES INTERESTED IN VERTIGO OPENING NIGHT , to hear it , here :

http://w ww.pop lemon.com/audio/u2_vertigo_tour_sandiego.zip

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom