Rumors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crosby87

The Fly
I heard a rumor on french site u2achtung.com that U2 repeat in Chicago 3 songs that they don't play in the tour again.These songs are Walk On,Even better than the real thing and Who's Gonna Rides your wild horses.

im sure that girl they pulled up on the stage was a plant for the dvd.

bray said:

Why? It really didn't seem that way to me at all, especially because Bono was waving at the band to hold off starting "40" after pulling her up.

would be great
BUT, I think they wont play walk on...and it would be
Until The End Of The World, Even Better and Wild Horses.......It will be the vertigo tours "zoo tv" setlist
Hopefully they open with Zoo Station.......thats one hell of a "dream out loud"

was the stories for boys played during vertigo? what about electric co? just curious

bray said:

The person pulled up on stage is a member of this forum. I very much doubt they were a plant and I hope they come here to give their account of what happened.

She Wont be on the DVD.
The guy who played People get Ready wasnt on the Boston DVD....although he was pulled up on the 5th.....and most of the show is from the 6th, minus stay....
I doubt she'll be on.

I wish I'd get pulled on stage. I've been playing for almost 9 years and I know alot of their songs. But I doubt they'll pull someone from section 120 row 19 from the crowd in Cleveland ... :D

She probably will make the dvd. During WOWY in the Boston dvd, there is a girl up on stage with Bono. The guy who played People Get Ready didn't make the dvd because it's not a U2 song and they would've had to pay royalties had it made the cut.

HyperU2 said:
She probably won't, the girl during WOWY didn't sing. :) I don't think U2 would share the spotlight. :wink:

It may not be in the concert end of the DVD, but perhaps as an extra or a snippet somewhere on the DVD extras.

I hope she stays, I mean she struggled a little at first to play -- but then again, there's nothing wrong with that. I mean look at Slane Castle's DVD -- there were some mistakes in there but they kept them in there regardless.

Just hope they do the same with Chicago.

The guy who played People get Ready wasnt on the Boston DVD....although he was pulled up on the 5th.....and most of the show is from the 6th, minus stay....

Bonoman - this isn't a dig, just trying to keep things accurate :)

Actually - the performance of "People Get Ready" by U2 w / Glen Goland was played on the 6th and not the 5th of June.

The Boston DVD is mostly the 6th, with a lot of footage from the 5th to cover up problems from the 6th. You can also catch some 6/9 in the show. Even audio touch ups were done this across the first 2 shows.

IMHO - I think "the party girl" ends up on the DVD. I can't think of any other reason why they would use the same girl two nights in a row. I'm happy for her! I just can't help but think U2 is getting a bit contrived with their act. I don't know who they think they are fooling with audience plants. Really, the majority of people that buy the DVD will be U2 fans that will come across the fact that this moment was based on a plant.

If we are lucky, the final edit will be "true" to the performances and not some cut up - over produced mix like Hamish Hamilton did on the last tour.

Hamish - If you are reading...sometimes less is more. Don't over edit. Allow us to focus on a band member for more than a few milliseconds.

dave

Last edited:
daveydave said:
Actually - the performance of "People Get Ready" by U2 w / Glen Goland was played on the 6th and not the 5th of June.

"Stay" was actually taken from the 6th.

Ah yes...thats right, he played on the 6th.
But Stay WAS on the 5th, they didnt play it on the 6th.

Check The Sets on for and the 6th 5th

Just clearing things up ;)

Bonoman - good pickup. You're right - Stay was the 5th. I just checked over at u2tours.com, as I gave my post a second thought.

Back
Top Bottom