Replace Elevation with MOFO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SunBloc

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Mofo should be played in the U.S. The perfect song to replace (at least for a few nights) is Elevation.

I agree. I hope they drop Elevation after this tour anyway. Why not now?

PLEASE U2 PLAY IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool:

Fourth leg will be on fire with this song :drool:

What are the rumours?

Have they even rehearsed it?

I think I remember someone recording a soundcheck and the keyboards were belting out the Mofo chords.

I think it remains a Pop era track and maybe doesn't 'travel' well - know what I mean - even though I love it.

rumors were that they were overheard rehearsing it....this was probably over a month ago.

And I agree, drop Elevation and bring back Mofo !!11!@!21

Elevation has to stay, especially with the crowds doing so well handling those introductory "woo-hoo" bits. The sing-along part is amazing.

I'd like to see Pride, SBS, NYD, BTBS, or any of the other warhorses traded in, though.

I would love to hear Mofo again but somebody is living in fantasy land again. This version of Elevation works. Whether or not Mofo works for non-diehards remains to be seen. Remember how they dropped Discotheque after only two gigs with lukewarm responses?

There is no way they are dropping Elevation. It gets a big crowd reaction every single night despite the fact that some diehards are tired of it. Honestly, I dont think Mofo would work in its slot anyway.

IF Mofo is done, it will most likely start the first encore, like Zoo or UTEOTW is now. IF its done it will most likely be the Mexican and S. American shows as it was a single in those regions. I believe it even charted in Mexico. I wouldnt expect it on the third leg though.

LyricalDrug said:
Elevation has to stay, especially with the crowds doing so well handling those introductory "woo-hoo" bits. The sing-along part is amazing.

I'd like to see Pride, SBS, NYD, BTBS, or any of the other warhorses traded in, though.

new years day has already pretty much disappeared.

Replace Elevation with Electric Co.
Don`t know why they are not playing that each show????
It`s the highlight of this tour.
I surely hope that fans get a chance to see Electric Co on the 4th leg , it`s so:drool: :drool: :drool:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

They should start out Elevation as normal........the crowd gets into woohooing, Bono does a few, Edge is rocking out the intro riff......

suddenly!

Edge does this huge noisy pick slide down the gutiar, Bono starts doing is Hold Me Thrill Me Popmart coughs and the synth for Mofo kicks in.

ELEMOFO!

I agree with Mauwer.
He is right about the Electric Co.
It is one of the highlights of the tour.
I would choose Electric Co above Elevation anyday.

Spacks
:wink:

SunBloc said:
Mofo should be played in the U.S. The perfect song to replace (at least for a few nights) is Elevation.

Nah. It wouldn't work in Elevations spot and I really dig the way the crowd gets into Elevation. Now what i would love to see would be Mofo open the first encore. That would rule.

I played Mofo last night while djing in the bar actually. I threw it in with the techno/rave/trance whatever set. It was cool. Nobody really seemed to recognize it but nobody left the dancefloor which was cool. I mixed it in with Able to Love - Benny Benassi.

:laugh: Take out your cell phone :laugh: Mother Sucking Rockin-Roll :laugh: Sounds good, One speech then Mofo :lmao:

Last edited:
The Elevation haters need to let that crusade go.

If you have actually been at one of the shows, especially on the floor, you will realize there is NO WAY the band is going to ditch that song while the Vertigo Tour has breath in it. The crowd involvement and energy is off the hook.

I'd gladly take Mofo instead of Mysterious Ways, which has gone dead, dead, dead.

Mysterious Ways rocks! Mofo would go flatter than a pancake if you ask me. Discotheque didnt work and that song is a lot more accessible, so how is mofo gonna?
Elevation works on this tour, just like it was a great openeer last tour. The crowd interaction there is one of the highlights.
Elevation, Pride, ISHFWILF, Vertigo...they are great crowd feedback songs on this tour. Look at Zoo Station - a great song but I don't think it really works (judging by the crowd).

"So I'm looking for to fill this god-shaped hole, and we can fill it, together

by joining the One Campaign...:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:"

yes I agree with a previous poster. The chicago version of Zooo Station doesn't really take off for me.

bono_man2002 said:

:lmao: I can just see the big one campagain speech, and then bam into Mofo with Bono still talking :lmao:

Larry's watch timer goes off and Edge starts the opening riff of Mofo with Bono in mid-speech... :drool:

Bono looks annoyed, but Adam and Larry join in. :drool: :drool:

I'd argue that Elevation has gained a new life on this tour and probably will be a regular in most U2 shows in the future. As has been mentioned, the crowd gets really into this song. Just because a handful of hardcore fans are tired of it, doesn't make an ounce of difference.

I like Mofo but to think this would replace a crowd-pleaser like Elevation is ridiculous. Now putting Mofo in place of the ridiculously tired and past-it's-prime-for-at-least-a-decade-now BTBS, that would be PERFECT.

Zoocoustic said:
I'd argue that Elevation has gained a new life on this tour and probably will be a regular in most U2 shows in the future. As has been mentioned, the crowd gets really into this song. Just because a handful of hardcore fans are tired of it, doesn't make an ounce of difference.

I like Mofo but to think this would replace a crowd-pleaser like Elevation is ridiculous. Now putting Mofo in place of the ridiculously tired and past-it's-prime-for-at-least-a-decade-now BTBS, that would be PERFECT.

AW!
I was nodding my head agreeing with your point of view and then you go and spoil it!

Back to Mofo - we will never see it on this tour now.
Shame, but it's a fact :(

U2mixer said:

Back to Mofo - we will never see it on this tour now.
Shame, but it's a fact :(

I would say you are probably right. However, I dont know if its a complete fact at this point. I'm not sure the band knows for sure at this stage. If its not done in Mexico or S. America it wont be done. But there is a "slight" possibility of it being done in those areas.

Back
Top Bottom