Rehearsal info....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BigMacPhisto said:
I'm shocked that like a thousand U2 fans haven't been to the sports arena yet.........honestly, it can't be that hard to get in there, and then you have a fine chance at meeting the band.............I'm so jealous!!!!!!!!

However, I will be in the GA line for the second SJ show, so here's hoping I can spot them come in and get to meet one of the bunch........

And Axver, these are also my first two shows!!!!!!!!!! This is going to kick ass, no matter what the Zoochtungerees will say!

I wish I could be listening in to these rehearsals too - I'm surprised no-one has taped them, though then again, those who were in Vancouver said that the sound for them was muffled and it wouldn't have come out at all on tape. Oh, why can't U2 come and rehearse on the Gold Coast? We have a lovely new convention centre ...!

This tour is going to be EXCEPTIONAL and I simply cannot wait to get myself onto a plane, into the USA, and to my Boston shows! This is getting too exciting! :hyper: I hope the speculation about varied setlists proves true and we see some variety to rival Lovetown! :drool:

Axver said:
Oh, why can't U2 come and rehearse on the Gold Coast? We have a lovely new convention centre ...!

Or for that matter, why can't they actually play a show in your country..........disgraceful.

I bet most of those radio contest winners were U2 wannabe fans..........here's hoping an Interferencer or someone who is in the online community will tell us about tonight's show.....

same here :) unfortunatly the convention centre doesnt cater for as many people as brissy entertainment centre...as much as i would love them to play on the coast its most likly going to be boondal.

I'd prefer an indoor show at Boondal but I think they were pencilled in to play the ANZ Park in Brisbane before the Japan/Australia leg was postponed until 2006.

Wow, a gathering of Gold Coasters - now here's something you don't normally see on Interference!

What is the capacity of the new centre and is it actually getting much use? I wish U2 would play it but there's no point packing up the show in Brisbane only to truck it an hour down the road here.

And yeah, they'll probably play stadiums anyway. Hah, can you imagine U2 playing Carrara Stadium?

the gold coast convention centre has 6000 seats, there is no information available as to how many people the floor area could accommodate..

brisbane entertainment centre holds a maximum of 13,600 including the general admission area..

anz stadium has seating for 49,000 - include the field area and I would imagine it would be up around 60-65k...

when i was at anz stadium for popmart it was half empty, i think 14000 people total...the sound bounced off the empty spaces around the stadium...im keen for a few dates indoors rather than one big one outside..

Only 6000? U2 will never play there, then, and I'm not sure I can see them doing the Brisbane Entertainment Centre. Hmm. I guess two nights at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre would satisfy demand, though. Well, would have during Popmart. I imagine they could do a third show now.

I'm pissed I missed Popmart. I'd only just moved here and my mother would've taken me if we had known it was on!

the enormity of it took your breath away. the downside was the sound echo and bono looked a little upset at times - im assuming because of attandance and i guess sound quality too..

but regardless...it was amazing..

they played at the entertainment centre for the lovetown tour...im not sure if they would want to take the risk of empty seats again at anz...i almost wonder if they could pack out anz again like they did for zootv..

best bet would be the entertainment centre and add extra dates if needed. ive saved the pennies and look forward to seeing the final sydney superdome show as well :drool:

Last edited:
Yeah, I think they will play arenas here to be on the safe side. 3 sold out arena dates would be a lot better than one half-full stadium.

I'll go to every Brisbane show (and PLEASE U2, give us a concert on the Gold Coast!), and as many in Melbourne as I can afford. Then, if I still have spare cash, I'll go to more.

Do you have the alternate versions of Love Comes Tumbling and ASOH that appeared on the Aussie/NZ UF single?

I nearly got the vinyl of that, it was going really cheap on e-Bay ... then I forgot about the auction. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom