Rehearsal from Friday - where is the listing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bean_Counter

The Fly
I saw the list from the atu2 blog. I think that is the list from Thursday night though, right? Did anybody go yesterday? If so, throw us a bone, you know. Come on Los Angelinos, we NEED you.!!!!!!!

Kev

1.Vertigo
2.DiscoTeque
3.Mysterious Ways
4.Gone
5.Lemon
6.The Electric Co.
7.Love Peace Or Else
8.Until The Of The World
9.Bullet The Blue Sky
10.Running To Stand Still
11.Where The Streets Have No Name
12.One
13.Original Of The Species
14.Walk On

15. Zoo Station
16. All Because Of You
17. Stories for Boys
18.Miracle Drug

19. Yaweh
20 Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
21. In God's Country
22. 40

neutral said:
No reports have come in yet, I'm sure something will turn up before too long though. At least one person here had tickets to the rehearsal. :drool:

This thread is about last night's rehearsals........the rehearsal with fans isn't until tonight.

retro said:
I was just giving the guy what he "NEEDED". I never said it was the truth :ohmy:

That may be, but you gave no indication either way, just a straight setlist without any source information.

But back to the topic at hand, I read in the "Rehearsal Info..." thread the following:

Originally posted by Zooropa man
What I could make out of them playing was, Pride, Where the streets...., Vertigo, City of Blinding lights, The Fly, I Still haven't found... I got there late about... 11:00 and they had been there earlier then that so Im sure they practiced other tunes.... The Fly was really cool though.

as well as...

Originally posted by rita's dad
the other folks there told me that the band had finished playing Where The Streets Have No Name (the last song rehearsed)

To me, this seems indicative of a few things:
1) there will be far more rotation this time around than in the past (based on previous rehearsal rumors)
2) Those who want the "staples" won't be disappointed
3) Those who want rarer things won't be disappointed

Which are all good things!

well there is no source ...cause i made the whole thing up off the top of my head. i thought it was fairly obvious... i guess it wasn't.

Taken from the u2.com forum, this person saud the following:

"we were there friday night and heard a few songs being played in this order.

vertigo
streets
one
gloria

Goria was awesome"

T.B.

here it is:

SPOILER: Friday night's rehearsal setlist
And as expected, they're still messing with portions of the show. That's a good sign - variety is the spice of life, and all that. Here's what two sources list was Friday night's rehearsal.

(spoiler coming soon)

Okay.

City of Blinding Lights
The Electric Co.
An Cat Dubh
Into the Heart
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace or Else
Elevation
Stuck in a Moment...
Yahweh

(here's where it starts to change)

Bullet the Blue Sky
Running to Stand Still
Zoo Station
The Fly
Vertigo
Where the Streets Have No Name
One
Gloria
All Because of You

Running to stand stil :yes:

The Fly :up:
The Elevation version was great, but I think someone said they're playing it closer to the 92 version?

Anyone seen One step closer or Original of the species rehearsed in Vancouver or LA?

I'm really starting to like City Of Blinding Light as the opener. I can imagine a long, drawn out into, ala Streets in 87. It's also a great "hello" to the crowd.

yeah i thought city of blinding lights would be a good song nearer to the end, but I can imagine that it would be a great opener!

Sooo suprised about Zoo Station and Electric Co but am very pleased! And good news that Fly is in there!

U2girl said:

Anyone seen One step closer or Original of the species rehearsed in Vancouver or LA?

Neither of those was confirmed, unfortunately........I'm positive we'll see "One Step Closer" used as a Bono intro to some other song.........I think "Original" will come out later in the tour......just not yet, because the band hasn't had time to master it, I guess.

Edit: "One Step Closer" was supposedly heard in the Vancouver rehearsals........but I really don't think we'll be seeing the full song.....just an intro thing......

Last edited:
I am REALLY excited about these rehearsals!!

ELECTRIC CO.!!!!

Does anybody know...

Did the version of Electric Co. have the "cry" intro?:

"Somebody cry, somebody cry, etc..."

Or did it just start out with the intro guitar leading up to the beginning (Like they performed during the Joshua Tree Tour)?

The cry intro would definitely make me scream with delight. I'll start acting like some girl. I had forgotten all about the greatness of The Electric Co., but now I've played it all day...

I'm loving it

Looking at the setlist closely, it looks like the show as a whole will be very rocking:drool:

Once Zoo Station starts, it's pretty much all rocking songs until the end:drool:

I think that setlist Mikal posted is damn good, but I don't get this
Vertigo---->Streets?

That must be the encore break, I would guess.

So is the break in between Yahweh and Zoo Station an intermission or is it maybe where that video takes place?

two more days!!!

God Part III said:

Don't we all prefer the Elevation version?

Am I the only one? :reject:

I much prefer the Elevation version - it was sensational!

But either version would be amazing! :drool:

Not crazy about Elevation or Stuck...

I also don't like 2 "rockers" out of the gate and the then a slow song. I prefer a minimum of 3 rockers right away.

I like the Elevation version better. But The Fly is an amazing song in general. They could play it with a tuba and I'd be happy. :drool:

Maybe they're leaving it out for now.... I'm sure it will be played. Just maybe not every night?

the tourist said:
Maybe they're leaving it out for now.... I'm sure it will be played. Just maybe not every night?

That's what I think. It was played at the RARHOF so I think it will be showing up plenty of times this tour.

Back
Top Bottom