Rattle and Hum, Zooropa and Pop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxpouliot

War Child
Like many of you have notice, no songs from these albums have been played so far on the tour. (for all your vertigo stats need, go to http://www.puremedia.ca/u2)

What songs from those albums do you think will be played down the line..

my picks
Rattle and hum
1. Desire
2. All i want is you
3. angel (maybe)
rest would be a surprise

zooropa
1. Stay
2. lemon (rehearsals)
rest would be a surprise

pop
1.discotheque
2.staring
3.please
4.wake up dead man
rest would be a surprise

i think a Pop song will come first!

I wish GONE was a regular everynignt. Would love to hear Hawkmoon even though I know that wont happen. All I want is you would be nice again as well.

Was there a rumor that Bono said before the tour he wants to play Dirty Day?... I would LOVE to, it's one of my favourite songs. Sydney performance is :drool:. Can someone confirm this?

Zooropean103 said:
Was there a rumor that Bono said before the tour he wants to play Dirty Day?... I would LOVE to, it's one of my favourite songs. Sydney performance is :drool:. Can someone confirm this?

I remember reading/hearing about this rumor as well during November or December. However, with his wants, the band has to agree on it, and based on the rehearsal information we have, Dirty Day was not listed as a song.

Either the rumor was false, which is likely, or Bono DID say this, and was talking out of his arse, which is equally likely as well.

I agree though, seeing Dirty Day again would be awesome.

I like a lot of Pop songs, but I don't think their absence is really hurting the shows at all. Discotheque and Mofo really don't have any place being played on this tour (too stylistically different than everything else being played). I think either Gone or Staring at the Sun has a good chance of being pulled out sometime during the tour. I would be surprised if Wake Up Dead Man were played. It seems that that song doesn't quite fit with the spiritual mood U2 seems to be in right now.

I wouldn't be surprised if no Zooropa songs show up on the tour. There's a chance that Lemon or Stay will be played, but I don't get the impression the band is all that eager to play either of them.

I'm sure Desire will get played at some point during this tour. Perhaps All I Want Is You on occasion as well. I for one would absolutely love to see Love Rescue Me, but that ain't gonna happen.

Of all of these songs I think either Gone or Desire will be the first to make an appearance on this tour.

Zooropean103 said:

I can confirm that Dirty Day from Sydney is unfreakinbelievable. :D

If they do play this, I hope they break it out by Cardiff.

Well, this tour does need a real kick ass opener and so far both COBL and LAPOE just don't really fit the bill. It would be nice if Mofo were to return to start the show.

I have no clue which songs will they play and which will show up first but here's the songs I would like them to play from those records:

R&H:
Desire (full band with solo and everything) :drool:
Angel Of Harlem (like they did in Slane)
Hawkmoon 269
Love Rescue Me (I would LOVE that!)

Zooropa:
The Wanderer (that would be awesome!!!)
Some Days Are Better Than Others

Pop:
Gone :rockon:
The Playboy Mansion (would be awesome too!!)
If You Wear That Velvet Dress (like the Jools Holland version)

3 from each......

Rattle and Hum:

1. All I Want Is You
2. Angel of Harlem
3. Desire

Zooropa:

1. Lemon
2. Dirty Day
3. Stay (Faraway, So Close)

Pop:

1. Staring at the Sun
2. Gone
3. Discotheque

It's kind of funny that they did more Pop songs on Elevation ("Discotheque," "Staring at the Sun," "Gone," "Please," and "Wake Up, Dead Man") than they've done ATYCLB songs on Vertigo so far (just "Beautiful Day" and "Elevation," unless you count "Stuck..." from the rehearsal).

But really, all of the Rattle and Hum songs that have a chance of being played live (sorry, but they're not likely to whip out "Heartland") are way overplayed by now. "God (Part II)" would be a nice surprise. If they do "Desire" Lovetown-style, it'd be worth it too. And if Bono can sing "She's A Mystery To Me" decently for the first time since 1990, you know, that'd be cool too.

I also don't want them to play "Stay" again simply because I don't want it to become overplayed. "Dirty Day" would be cool to hear, though.

I also don't want them to overplay "Gone," and I can't see them playing anything else except a full-band "Please" or a snippeted "Wake Up, Dead Man" (both of which I'd welcome again for another tour). Even though "Last Night On Earth" would really rock.

They need to take the Bomb theme all the way sometime and just get apocalyptic. "Last Night On Earth," "Seconds," "Wake Up, Dead Man" alongside "Love and Peace or Else" and whatever else they're playing that's half-appropriate.

Last edited:
If I had to go w/ one from each album.

R&H-All I Want Is You
Zooropa-Lemon
Pop-Last Night On Earth

"Dirty Day" is in my top five U2 songs of all time. I'd kill for it live.

"Last Night On Earth" would fit beautifully with stuff like "Love and Peace" for sheer rock value - we can hope.

Well I wouldn't count on anything from Zooropa - Stay was the one song from that album on Popmart and Elevation.

I expect Gone and Staring at the sun to appear from Pop.

From Rattle and Hum, BBC HTDAAB promo show gives me hope for Desire. If they skip Angel of Harlem this time, I'd like to see All I want is you played too.

Back
Top Bottom