Rarities on the next tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BANZAI

War Child
At the beginning of the tour I was really amazed when I saw they were playing songs like Electric Co., An Cath Dubh, Into the Heart, Gloria, Zoo Station and "40". I hope the band will take these songs with them to the next tour.

My question now is: which 3 rarities or hidden gems do you want U2 to play on the next tour?

For me that would be:

1. Like a song...
2. Wire
3. Trying to throw your arms around the world (Zoo TV version)

All Along the Watchtower

Bad (My favorite & have yet to hear it live)

Helter Skelter

are these really considered rarities?

i consider them songs

its kind of sad that when u2 plays a song that isnt a hit that its so shocking we consider it a rarity

as for a true rarity, i wouldnt mind seeing a song like north and south of the river being played

Chizip said:

i consider them songs

its kind of sad that when u2 plays a song that isnt a hit that its so shocking we consider it a rarity

as for a true rarity, i wouldnt mind seeing a song like north and south of the river being played

I consider North And South Of The River a song also. :wink:

A rarity in the context of this thread is what they would do live next tour to me. I dont find that sad at all to be honest. Almost all major artists retire certain songs that are not hits or dont play them every tour. Most of the responses have been songs they have not done live in the last two tours. So, yes, I would consider those songs a rarity live as they have not been done for several tours.

Yahweh_OMG said:
11 o'clock tick tock

Boy/Girl :wink:

Surrender

I like that list!!

Someone put down "Stay". I love that song but wouldn't consider it a rarity since they played it regularly during the Elevation Tour. You can kind of say the same for Ultraviolet since they've played that frequently on past tours.

I would think that a rarity is a song they've played hardly at all or a song they haven't played since some early tours.

For example, from this tour, Crumbs From your Table has been played only 7 times....that is a rarity.

Chizip said:

i consider them songs

Of couse we consider these as songs. We can listen to the studio versions any time we want. But Ultraviolet hasn't been played since 1993. God Part II hasn't been played since 1990. Helter Skelter hasn't been played since 1987. These are live rarities that we would like to see return. It would be a huge surprise and there's nothing sad about that.

Chizip said:

Yeah, I find this even more sad since I've started seriously following the setlists of other bands I really like. For example, one of these bands plays 2-3 hour sets and one guy who's a veteran of 10 shows going back to 1992 saw a 3 hour concert this tour containing just three songs he'd previously heard live. Whereas a U2 fan who's seen 10 shows since 1992 is going to have a hard time hearing more than 1-2 songs they haven't already heard, excluding new material. And once they've gone to one show on the current tour, they're going to have an even harder time of hearing 1-2 songs they haven't already heard, full stop.

As far as rarities I'd like to hear go, I'm going to define "rarity" as something not on an album/Best Of/Best Of The B-sides/Passengers/live release:

- Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop?)
- Wild Irish Rose
- Where Did It All Go Wrong?

Now those are rarities in every sense of the word.

tjames921 said:
The Unforgetable Fire
Acrobat
I Fall Down

I Fall Down - what a great song!!! :rockon: That's one I haven't heard in a great while.

in all seriousness i wonder how they reach these conclusions.
do you think that Edge played the riff to Electric Co in the studio one day and they all said "yes", or do you think they systematically went through all the boy songs and chose that one?

chrissybaby said:
in all seriousness i wonder how they reach these conclusions.
do you think that Edge played the riff to Electric Co in the studio one day and they all said "yes", or do you think they systematically went through all the boy songs and chose that one?

Hmmm... good question! :wink:

I think one of them (probably Edge) said "Hey, what about Electric Co.?". Then they probably re-listened to it, jammed it, saw that it sounded good, and decided to make it a "keeper".

Though I believe they definetely wanted to play some songs off "Boy" because of the whole "full circle" thing Bono spoke about.

Just a guess though... :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom