Prolonging the tension

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcoriha

The Fly
The tour's not over yet people. My predictions for the near future -

At Least a Few More Times - An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart, Out of Control, Until the End of the World, Gloria, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Bad, 40, The Ocean

Still Waiting For - Crumbs from Your Table, Electrical Storm, Even Better then The Real Thing, Please, 11 O Clock Tick Tock (I think they'll play it at least once), snippet of One Step Closer (again, I think it's likely at some point)

They still have a while to surprise. Can't put all your eggs in one basket. (I hate that metaphor)

jcoriha said:
Still Waiting For - Crumbs from Your Table, Electrical Storm, Even Better then The Real Thing, Please, 11 O Clock Tick Tock (I think they'll play it at least once), snippet of One Step Closer (again, I think it's likely at some point)

They still have a while to surprise. Can't put all your eggs in one basket. (I hate that metaphor)

ain't gonna happen; my eggs are snuggled together.

They should play One Step Closer then WTSHNN, it would be so perfect and the transition so beautiful :drool:

Half the audience would probably go to the restroom during One Step Closer, and then would miss the first half of Streets.

Regardless of how good a song One Step Closer is or isn't (I'm in the isn't camp), you can't possibly think it would do anything but stop the show completely in its tracks if it were played live.

There's tension and then there's boredom.

Chizip said:
serves them right, the jackasses

LOL, so true.

Running To Stand Still
One Step Closer (sing a verse and the chorous)
Streets

By doing this we'll have a real intro to Streets instead of Pride, which really needs to go. Thats the only song I want U2 to quit playing. Can you imagine the emotion and crowd erupting with intro of Streets coming on after a emotional ROTS and OSC.

No! No, I can't! :holds head and weeps:

Clearly, I'm the only one who thinks OSC would be a spectacularly bad addition to the setlist, no matter where it is.

So I'll leave you to your tension-prolonging. :wink:

i just think with the tour looking to go over another few legs, they are just spreading the songs out,

MLK >>> streets please.

i've given up thinking u2 are going to start switching up the setlists. it's not going to happen. it's still u2, and the best show out there. Their the best band in the world.

Back
Top Bottom