Predict the St. Louis setlist!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chizip said:

meh, im going to a U2 show for U2 songs

and, i could see them taking it out of the set

That's because you're not capable of valueing precious gems from the history of pop music :madspit:

Now that John Lennon cannot play this anymore, the second best thing is that U2 does it.

And listening to some of the latest bootlegs, U2's version has lots of power and it suits Bono's voice brilliantly.

again :madspit:

I agree with U2Man :uhoh:

I wouldn't mind hearing Instant Karma .. I kinda like hearing a cover song once in a while...

Brazilian Fly I hope youre' right about that setlist :drool:

redkat said:
I agree with U2Man :uhoh:

:kiss:

And enjoy your show in st. louis, don't listen to grumpy chizip and remember to sing "Yeaaahh WE AAAALLLL SHIIIIIIIIIIINE OOOOOOOOOON, LIKE THE MOOOON AND....:". Geeee....would I love to be in St. Louis and do that? :drool:

Last edited:
U2Man said:

That's because you're not capable of valueing precious gems from the history of pop music :madspit:

Now that John Lennon cannot play this anymore, the second best thing is that U2 does it.

And listening to some of the latest bootlegs, U2's version has lots of power and it suits Bono's voice brilliantly.

again :madspit:

this coming from the guy that doesnt like last night on earth :coocoo:

Chizip said:

this coming from the guy that doesnt like last night on earth :coocoo:

Exactly.

Compare Instant Karma! to LNOE and realise why only a few :coocoo:s of this world know the lame, lame, lame chorus of LNOE and EVERYONE with ears and a slight interest in music knows Instant Karma! :drool:.

if youd rather hear instant karma at a u2 show than last night on earth then you dont belong on a U2 forum

U2´s Instant Karma :no:

I´m with grumpy,, i mean Chizip on this one.

:wink: Just in case

Chizip said:
if youd rather hear instant karma at a u2 show than last night on earth then you dont belong on a U2 forum

Why not? It's U2's decision to play Instant Karma! U2 plays Instant Karma! And I'm enjoying U2's performance of Instant Karma! Hasn't that got something to do with U2? :madspit:

yimou said:
U2´s Instant Karma :no:

I´m with grumpy,, i mean Chizip on this one.

:wink: Just in case

Have you listened to the newer versions without Patti Smith?

Ehhhhhhh, no :reject: But if i was going then i would prefer U2 songs only and not some covers that will never add up to the originals anyway.

yimou said:
Ehhhhhhh, no :reject: But if i was going then i would prefer U2 songs only and not some covers that will never add up to the originals anyway.

You should download the one from Hartford :drool:. And yeah, I know, hearing John Lennon doing it would be cooler, but that is for a few good reasons not possible. U2 is playing this one in the memory of him at the moment (25 years ago :sad:), and having a single cover song in the set doesn't bother me, especially not when it's a treasure like this one.

TheBrazilianFly said:
01. Love And Peace Or Else
02. Vertigo / Stories For Boys (snippet) / She Loves You (snippet)
03. All Because Of You
04. The Electric Co. / Send In The Clowns (snippet) / I Can See For Miles (snippet)
05. Elevation
06. Discothèque / Relax (snippet) / Black Betty (snippet)
07. An Cat Dubh / Into The Heart
08. City Of Blinding Lights
09. Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet) / Blackbird (snippet)
10. New Year’s Day
11. Miracle Drug
12. Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own / No Regrets (snippet)
13. Walk On (acoustic)
14. Yahweh (acoustic)
15. Bad / Space Oddity (snippet) / Norwegian Wood (snippet) / The First Time (snippet)

16. Zoo Station
17. The Fly
18. Until The End Of The World
19. Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

20. Fast Cars
21. Original Of The Species
22. 40

THAT'S what they're going to play. I'm dead sure about that setlist for St. Louis. :yes: :shifty:

i dont know why they couldnt pull a setlist like this out of their ass every now and then :drool:

would definitely make things more exciting

Chizip said:

i dont know why they couldnt pull a setlist like this out of their ass every now and then :drool:

would definitely make things more exciting

I see snippets from around 10 non-U2 songs in there. Your :drool:-smilie shows that you don't belong on a U2-forum :tsk:

U2Man said:

You should download the one from Hartford :drool:. And yeah, I know, hearing John Lennon doing it would be cooler, but that is for a few good reasons not possible. U2 is playing this one in the memory of him at the moment (25 years ago :sad:), and having a single cover song in the set doesn't bother me, especially not when it's a treasure like this one.

im not saying it will bother me, it just wont be a huge highlight like you are making it out to be.

if they all of a sudden busted out a song like mofo, god pt 2, discotheque, last night on earth, please, dirty day etc... now that would be something to get excited about.

a cover song is alright, but not nearly as cool as come u2 originals they could play.

with that being said, i bet we dont even get instant karma in st louis. if they play it tonight, then yes ill expect it, if not then i doubt it.

U2Man said:

Ok, you win :happy:

Anyway i am not going so wtf am i doing in this thread anyway :wink:

Chizip said:

im not saying it will bother me, it just wont be a huge highlight like you are making it out to be.

if they all of a sudden busted out a song like mofo, god pt 2, discotheque, last night on earth, please, etc... now that would be something to get excited about.

a cover song is alright, but not nearly as cool as come u2 originals they could play.

with t hat being said, i bet we dont even get instant karma in st louis. if they play it tonight, then yes ill expect it, if not then i doubt it.

It would be a highlight for me, and you're the one going. The world is so cruel :(

yimou said:

Ok, you win :happy:

Anyway i am not going so wtf am i doing in this thread anyway :wink:

I am not going either....except...to bed...goodnight redkat, yimou and grumpy Chizip :wave:

I think dropping Instant Karma is possible; it's a wild card.
My brother wants a Christmas song.
Also, Gloria or Electric Co. OR ________ in that slot.
Then there's the MD vs. OOTS tango.
And what about the last song.
I can't jink it by even saying it, but it's so good it's

_____

and I will cry if it's played.

If I don't ball my eyes like a baby a few times, it's just not a U2 show.

Anu

Chizip said:
My guess:

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo / She Loves You (snippet)
Elevation
Gloria
The Ocean
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In A Little While (snippet)
Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet)
Original Of The Species
Norwegian Wood
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / The Black Hills of Dakota (snippet)
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday / Rock The Casbah (snippet)
Bullet The Blue Sky / The Hands That Built America (snippet) / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
Miss Sarajevo
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One / Help (snippet)

Encore(s):
Until The End Of The World
Mysterious Ways
With Or Without You

Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
Instant Karma!
Yahweh

:|

I'd say all that minus Instant Karma and The Ocean. Identical to the last three pretty much.

Oh...and definitely not all of Norweign Wood.

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo / She Loves You (Snippet)
3. Elevation
4. Gloria
5. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In A Little While (Snippet)
6. Beautiful Day / Many Rivers To Cross (Snippet)
7. Original Of The Species
8. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / Torna A Surriento (Snippet)
9. Love & Peace Or Else
10. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Rock The Casbah (Snippet)
11. Bullet The Blue Sky / Hands That Built America (Snippet) / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (Snippet)
12. Miss Sarajevo
13. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
14. Where The Streets Have No Name
15. One

ENCORE
16. Until The End Of The World
17. Mysterious Ways
18. With Or Without You
19. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
20. Yahweh
Happy Birthday to ???
21. 40

:happy:

:|

So much better for you guys, eh?

They even cut out Instant Karma!. You all got your will!

:madspit:

yeah i knew theyd drop it, so my final guess is this:

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo / She Loves You (snippet)
Elevation
Gloria
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In A Little While (snippet)
Beautiful Day / Many Rivers To Cross (snippet)
Original Of The Species
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / Torna A Surriento (snippet)
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday / Rock The Casbah (snippet)
Bullet The Blue Sky / The Hands That Built America (snippet) / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
Miss Sarajevo
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One

Encore(s):
Until The End Of The World
Mysterious Ways
With Or Without You

Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
Yahweh

the snippets may be different though, so im pumped for that!!!!

Back
Top Bottom