Possible 'Zooropa' songs included this time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thatsnotmypuppy

War Child
I know I may be in an infantisimal minority here, but I am big on 'Zooropa' - in fact it may be my fave U2 album of all time.

My yahweh, did I just write that??

Anyhow, I wonder if any 'Zooropa' tracks will make the cut on the 'Vertigo' tour. I can see 'Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car' perhaps slotting in near 'Vertigo', maybe 'Dirty Day' and even possibly 'Babyface' or 'Lemon'. If they do lift a 'Zooropa' track - I hope its not 'Stay' - 'Stay' is a top song, but is too much like the ATYCLBH and HTDAAB tracks.

I'd love the title track to get whirl - maybe segueing into 'Running To Stand Still' or 'Electrical Storm'?

What do you think??

I'd LOVE to hear the title track live! I've heard it the couple times they played it live during ZooTV Europe... it never came off right.
Other than that... please Yahweh give me Bono's version of The Wanderer :drool:

Stay. That's all that will be played. It's the only Zooropa song to be played past the ZooTV tour.

The title track was only played three times. It didn't work live.

Though if we're not being realistic:
- The Wanderer in tribute to Johnny Cash.
- Dirty Day as part of a Bob Hewson set.

I can totally see 'Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own' being played after 'Dirty Day' as a kind of tribute. I also realise 'Stay' is the most likely song - however I think the new album has enough slower songs that are too alike.

Dammit - I want 'Babyface' and would settle for 'Numb'. Maybe 'Numb' will get included after Bono inevitably blows his voice?? :)

sorry. as unfortunate as it sounds they won't be playing any of these. Please refer to my post "updated true setlist" for further information.

I saw your post - and I have an inside track - bugger off. This is speculation only - and as you said they may rotate songs - so even if your set list is correct, 'Zooropa' was a huge seller in Australia, so when they come here we may get a song or two.

If you're interested, here's the live history of the Zooropa songs.

Zooropa - played 3 times
Babyface - 5
Numb - 33
Lemon - 10
Stay - 70 (the only Zooropa song to be played outside of the ZooTV tour and the only Zooropa song to be played in North America)
Daddy's Gonna Pay - 10
Some Days - Never
The First Time - Snippets only
Dirty Day - 10
The Wanderer - Never

I really felt robbed when they failed to play anything on the POPMart tour, and then gave us a less-than-full band version of Stay during Elevation. I don't know why this album is the red headed stepchild. I understand there's a lot of sampling and loops on the record, but is it that hard to rearrange a song for the live format.

I think Lemon would be a nice change of pace, and would probably get a very favorable response. It was fucking amazing on the Sydney tape. So was Daddy's Gonna Pay, but that ain't happening because no one knows that song. Numb is a novelty and wouldn't really satisfy. I think the only other possibility is Dirty Day, as it actually has seen the light before.

laz

Frankly I'd love 'Dirty Day' - though I think 'Daddy' would work well with 'Vertigo'... I just think the band have decided 'Zoroopa' isn't worth revisiting. I do appreciate why 'Stay' gets a look in - it fits in very well with the later stuff.

'Lemon' would be an awesome track to play at the start of the encore (I know they did that at Zooropa/Zoomerang/New Zooland/ZooTV Japan shows in 1993) and they could follow it with 'Mofo' - how is that for an idea?? :)

I don't think we'll hear any Zooropa material. however, should hell freeze over, I think that Dirty Day and Daddy's Gonna Pay for your Crashed Car (damn that's a long title), would sort of fit w/ Bomb songs.

Crashed Car into LPoE
or
SYCMIOYO into Dirty Day

I doubt we'll get more than occasional performances of Stay, although I continually hold out hope for snippets (or more) of The First Time. What a great ballad that is, and it could lead so well into things like One or All I Want Is You.

Zooropa songs SHOULD have been a big part of PopMart, rather than the half-arsed, warmed-over "hits" crammed into the middle of the set. And I'd still love to see a Dirty Day> Beautiful Day combo.

According to another thread, 'Lemon' may well have been rehearsed in mexico. I can but hope. Now - let's all get together and start chanting 'Mofo... Mofo...'

Nah - I would be slap happy stupid to here 'Lemon' - however how cool would it be if they threw in 'Daddy' or 'Dirty Day'...

Stay is a brilliant song that often gets overlooked when people talk about One and With or Without You. To me, Stay is right up there with those songs. Really loved the live acoustic Stay on the B-side from Toronto Elevation.

numb would be a cool opener. with edge and larry, and then go into vertigo with bono singng 1 2 3 14! as he comes on stage.

Back
Top Bottom