'Pop' songs on tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd love to hear "Mofo", "Gone", or even "Please" ....
Who knows U2 might rehearse some other songs during
that week off ( after Vancouver and before Chicago ) that would
be totally kick ass if they did !! ... Maybe we will hear other songs
played when U2 starts touring Chicago ... ?? I think that could be possible too, because it would already be a month into the tour ... and IMO ... that's when some "surprises" SHOULD start
"creeping up" into the first leg of the tour anyway ... Let's hope whenever this does end up happening ... that U2 doesn't forget
to add "Pop" songs to their setlists as well ... :love:

maybe i should have originally used the term re-invent the songs. i never thought it was a bad album to begin with, but the ones they have done live in the past do seem to be better.

discotheque and velvet dress and last night on earth too
:drool:

i think europe will see mor Pop songs
well i hope so at least

i do find it surprising that theres not one in the setlist though.

I had a dream last night that I went to a U2 concert (which I'm doing in less than a month for real! :rockon: ) and they surprised everyone by doing Do You Feel Loved (and it was GOOD!!! then again Bono also started making out with Larry and Edge...so uhh that might have skewed my perception a bit... :eyebrow: it was...odd). Now if THAT dream came true... :drool:

Now, U2 is my favourite band ever and I will be happy with ANYTHING they play. Right now I think their setlists are fantastic. However, I also think Pop is the greatest album ever made by anyone ever (for personal reasons...it was the album that got me into U2 and I was just a kid then, so it kinda shaped my whole life, honestly, lol). If U2 doesn't play a single Pop song on this tour, I won't mind. I'm just happy that I get to see them at all (twice, in fact!). But if they DID play anything from Pop...I would be SO happy. Honestly. Especially if they played Discotheque, which is the song that got me into the band. But I think even more than that I'd like to see Please and/or Last Night on Earth, which imo were highlights of the Popmart tour. Gone of course is always welcome, but really I'd love to see something they haven't played in awhile... and if they did Do You Feel Loved, Mofo, and/or If God Will Send His Angels I'd probably die of happiness.

I think my point is... I'll love U2 no matter what they play, but please, guys, PLEASE, PLAY SOME POP SONGS!!!! At least on May 7th and December 10th :wink:

ok i dont want much, just please play these few songs live

do you feel loved
mofo
if god will send his angels
last night on earth
gone
miami
please

maybe also discotheque

that would be lovely

I'm sure Please would not only sound great but look great with the curtain of lights that is very reminiscent of the Popmart screen...

I'm glad they are not performing anything off pop, I have to say that pop and zooropa are the two albums that turned me off u2 for a few years, I am glad that Joshua tree and boy are being well represented still on the current tour, I still remember queueing for my copy of Joshua tree for 2 hours prior to its release. If pop or zooropa songs were added at the loss of their earlier stuff I think a lot of the fans who have followed them since the early days would be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom