Poll : The best closer song!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My U2 Experience:
Love is Blindness or Love is Blindness/Can't Help Falling in Love, 8 Times.

One or One/Unchained Melody, 5 times

Walk On, 5 times

40, 2 times

Vertigo, 1 time

Bad, 1 time.....and priceless.

Bad gets my vote, hands down.

ericnurgles said:
My U2 Experience:
Love is Blindness or Love is Blindness/Can't Help Falling in Love, 8 Times.

One or One/Unchained Melody, 5 times

Walk On, 5 times

40, 2 times

Vertigo, 1 time

Bad, 1 time.....and priceless.

Bad gets my vote, hands down.

Bravo, now we all know you've been to 14 U2 shows...:applaud:

ree5669 said:
Nothing...never let it end. :wink:

We have a winner!

Funny, I've been to only 5 shows, and had 5 different closers...

Vertigo
Walk On
One
Love Is Blindness
With or Without You

I like a long song for a closer, or something that works as a longer version...so Vertigo is out. For those of you who haven't seen WoWY as a closer (and it's only been done a handful of times) it's rather like Walk On, vibe/mood-wise. I think I'd say WoWY is best.

ok having seen vertigo, bad, 40, with or without you, walk on close shows, i shall rank them like this:

bad
with or without you
walk on
vertigo

ive seen bad close twice, with or without you once, vertigo three times, 40 14 times and walk on 6 times.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was thinking about this the other day (excellent thread by the way)

Haven't we done "40" enough times over the last 20 years as a closer?

There's a handful of songs, at least, that can work much better in the final slot... Many of them have been discussed...

Since they haven't tried it (except for the duplicate Vertigo which I can't see anyone wanting) what about a track from their current album as a possible closer?

I think OOTS (full band) could work although they would have to add something to it or draw it out in some fashion... Maybe Yahweh? Not my personal favorite but could possibly work...

Yay or Nay on OOTS (or any other Bomb closer)? I doubt we'll see it, but there's still plenty of shows out there, we can always hope...

Lancemc said:
Walk On/Hallelujah....those hallalujah's really are breathtaking

I feel the same way. Tingles watching them at the end of Slane or Boston dvds. Have you heard the UK Version?

"Bad"

Since I first became a fan ages ago, I've always stuck to my guns on this one. Whenever U2 finally bites the dust, this must be the final song they play. "40" is fine and dandy, but it just doesn't hold a candle to this one. Audiences suck these days, anyway...nobody would keep singing once Larry left like in the old times (at least in America...).

"Bad" or bust, I say.

40 is awesome because of the dramatic exits, but Bad takes the cake, I think.

After watching the Vertigo DVD (review comming shortly) I would love it if they would end with running to stand still..the stand out track on the dvd in my humble opinion...

just a very beautiful wayto end a gig...with 50000 people singing still running, still running...larry would leave, then adam, bono plays the harmonica and leaves...edge plays along with the crowd and waves..man that would rule...
:drool:

Bad is just such an important song to so many. That they've played it sporadically this tour makes it that much more special. The hair on my neck rises every time I hear it.

Back
Top Bottom