Please Drop the Hokey Pokey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
coldplay.com is reporting that chris martin has the words to the hokey pokey spray painted on the studios walls that coldplay are recording in to remind him of the level he must rise to out-do u2.

There is a rumor going around that Billy Corgan will be joining the band on 5/7 to perform "100 bottles of Zwan on the wall", but, again, this is just a rumor.

That being said, if anyone has it, could they post the Isle of Wight version of "It's a Small World After All", I understand that Adam sang lead, would love to hear it.

Due to the popularity of The Hokey-Pokey(HKYPKY) U2.com will be releasing a fan-club only cd single. The cd will contain HKYPKY remixes from Temple Bar, Massive Attack and Trent Reznor.

As a special bonus the single will contain a special ipod link to a unheard version of "I'm a Little Teapot" from the Axxtung Beibeii bootleg sessions.

U2FP

PS - With this version of HKYPKY, maybe Bono will bring back the cowboy hat from 6 months ago?

Reports today that Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie seen in scuffle outside LA hotspot XES.

The trouble started when Paris requested the U2 hokey pokey artichokey (latest remix!) from RDJ AM, Richie's fiance. Apparently Richie misheard Paris' request as something about a "pokey" and a catfight ensued.

Last edited:
u2girlcj said:
Reports today that Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie seen in scuffle outside LA hotspot XES.

The trouble started when Paris requested the U2 hokey pokey artichokey (latest remix!) from RDJ AM, Richie's fiance. Apparently Richie misheard Paris' request as something about a "pokey" and a catfight ensued.

:lmao:

U2FanPeter said:
Due to the popularity of The Hokey-Pokey(HKYPKY) U2.com will be releasing a fan-club only cd single. The cd will contain HKYPKY remixes from Temple Bar, Massive Attack and Trent Reznor.

As a special bonus the single will contain a special ipod link to a unheard version of "I'm a Little Teapot" from the Axxtung Beibeii bootleg sessions.

U2FP

PS - With this version of HKYPKY, maybe Bono will bring back the cowboy hat from 6 months ago?

an acronym for the hokey pokey... you win the prize :up:

the version they played in vancouver was really sloppy. bono was incapable of singing and sticking his left arm out at the same time.
his timing is way off.
i don't think he is committed enough at rehearsals.
he is spending too much time on his humanitarian activities.
the hokey pokey is suffering as a result.
and larry doesn't look to happy about it.

Larry has publically apologized for Bono's singing during the 4/27 HKYPKY. At future concert, all card carrying u2.com fanclubs member will be get their chance to put thie left foot in first. There will also be a seperate line-up to shake it all about.

I've also been hearing a rumour that Barney the purple dinosaur will help the sing the song during the upcoming 5/10 chicago encore.

U2FP

I always felt that the Pop version of HKYPKY was a bit camp - thoughts anyone?

no!

the energy HKYPKY creates from the crowd is incredible, and the vertigo tour would be incomplete without it

all of you who are critisizing it, obviously haven't seen it performed and don't know how incredible it is in person. As someone who has seen it performed, it would be a disservice to the tour and fans to have it removed from setlists.

long live HKYPKY!

:mad:

Of all the fan shot videos I've seen, the European have more eager audiences putting their legs forward and backwards. The camera work usually gets a little shakey when the filmer starts moving his hands back and forth.

However, the Americans naturally have more to shake around.

On a weird note, the Canadian GA participant were quite aggressive and would sabatoge other fans balance etc...When Bono noticed this during 4/27 he sung "where the feet have no shame" during Streets.

u2FP

Ever since they droped the right foot going in, because bono can no longer hit the high notes, it's just not been the same. the elevation version just trashed the song.

Hopefully it wont appear more than once on the vertigo tour.

oh sorry im on about with or without you...

Headache in a Suitcase said:

an acronym for the hokey pokey... you win the prize :up:

yeah, 'cause apparently HP isn't good enough for you, no, you have to add in extra, unnecessary letters! :madspit:

Come on guys. Bono is hitting those HP notes better than ever before. He sings it with so much more emotion than on Elevation, or PopMart, or any other tour (made by anyone ever). Anyone who disagrees with me is wrong. Come on, didn't you HEAR the passion in the "you put your LEFT ARM IN"!??!? So totally brilliant.

There was a petition going around after the 4/27 filming to get the group into the Guiness book of World Records for lagest group HKYPKY. They are sill waiting for Willie Williams to send videotape proof.

Rumour has it the italian u2 fanclub is trying to arrange a petition to have a 95,000 person HKYPKY. They are still trying to find a way to get it to the band members themselves.

u2FP

Headache in a Suitcase said:
remember the bootleg version of HKYPKY with those spanish guys talking in the background? that was awesome

I saw it selling on eBay for $50.

Last edited:
speedracer said:

I saw it selling on eBay for $50.

I bought it. Unfortunately it has a no torrent clause so I'm hoarding it until the hoopla dies down, then I'll probably upload it under an alias to Dime.

It's really is awesome though.:drool: :drool: :wink:

What pisses me off is Bono forgets the lyrics to this song all the time. You'd think he could remember them after all these years. I paid good $ to see them perform, the least he could do is remember the words to the song. Also, he does not travel around the ellipse enough when performing this tune. Lastly, Edge uses the wrong guitar, IMO, for the song.

No spoken words said:
What pisses me off is Bono forgets the lyrics to this song all the time. You'd think he could remember them after all these years. I paid good $ to see them perform, the least he could do is remember the words to the song. Also, he does not travel around the ellipse enough when performing this tune. Lastly, Edge uses the wrong guitar, IMO, for the song.

Yeah, I always thought the 12-string Rickenbacker was a much better choice than the sitar.

Back
Top Bottom