Petty gripe: it's 'segue', not 'segway'!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Axver

Vocal parasite
I'd just like to take this moment to make a public service announcement, as I have seen people talk about how such-and-such song would 'segway' really well into Streets and so forth.

THE WORD YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IS 'SEGUE'.

I have absolutely NO idea where 'segway' came from. I don't even know if it's a real word. Whatever the case, the word you want to describe Bad flowing into Streets on Elevation is 'segue'. Please segued into Streets on Popmart. I think October seguing into New Year's Day was awesome in the early days. You get the picture.

Have a good day. Or if you live where I do, day seguing into night. :wink:

I've said it both ways before. I will say it both ways again. Just like the difference between pop and soda when referring to a carbonated soft-drink.

"Bad"
story.segway.cnn.jpg
"Where the Streets Have No Name"

the tourist said:
I've said it both ways before. I will say it both ways again. Just like the difference between pop and soda when referring to a carbonated soft-drink.

Except segway is not a word. You may pronounce it that way but not spell it like that.

The spelling on this site can be quite rediculous at times. :wink:

the tourist said:

Actually, it's fizzy drink. :wink:

i think i used segway in one of my posts, not the end of the world.
but i guess i'll use segue from now on.

U2 does not doe segues or have segways

Why bother with the words when the truth is U2 really doesn't even segue songs together -- at least not in the manner a *true* live band does such as Phish, The Dead, or Widespreac Panic. IMHO U2 isn't a really good live act.

Re: U2 does not doe segues or have segways

pxlphish said:
Why bother with the words when the truth is U2 really doesn't even segue songs together -- at least not in the manner a *true* live band does such as Phish, The Dead, or Widespreac Panic. IMHO U2 isn't a really good live act.

At least they are still together. *snickers*

Go troll elsewhere.

pxlphish said:

i never disrespect people on interference, not even trolls, i may poke fun.....but this is the worst fucking post I've ever read in my life, in this forum or any other forum ever.

pxlphish said:

Ever heard Miami --> Bullet The Blue Sky, Until The End Of The World --> New Year's Day, Lemon --> With Or Without You, or countless other examples?

It's like when people say St. Patty's instead of St. Paddy's. :scratch: Bothers me.....especially when I saw it in the Guinness website. :shame: Sorry I couldn't help but e-mail the webmaster and ask that it be corrected. C'mon now, they should know! :tsk:

Dragonfave said:
Hmmm,..............Bono rides around the oval using the segway during "Streets....."? um, ok..........................:huh:

For those days in the future when he can't quite run as he used to??

:reject:

pxlphish, may I call you Homo Habilus? I have seen Panic and Phish and U2 in concert and what sets the latter apart from the other two is the fact that they are actually fun to see live. If I wasn't stoned out of my gourd at the other two shows I think I would have fallen asleep standing up. Their music, while theoretically astute, is, simply put, BORING. Their music does not transpose well into a live atmosphere and does not carry any energy as U2's does. Technical talent doesn't necessarily translate into musical ingenuity.

dizzy said:
It's like when people say St. Patty's instead of St. Paddy's. :scratch: Bothers me.....especially when I saw it in the Guinness website. :shame: Sorry I couldn't help but e-mail the webmaster and ask that it be corrected. C'mon now, they should know! :tsk:
Huh? Wouldn't the name Patrick (as in Saint Patrick) be shortened to Pat or Patty? Why would the "t" be changed to "d" in the nickname? :scratch:

...or were you joking to begin with?

Back
Top Bottom