Out of Control and Party Girl debut on 2nd night in Dublin...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
Nothing really to write home about...

Vertigo
Out of Control
Electric Co.
Elevation
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day
Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
All I Want is You
City of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Pride In The Name of Love
Where The Streets Have No Name
One

Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Party Girl
All Because of You
Yahweh
Vertigo

Vertigo closes again... :mad:

pretty sure party girl and out of control have been played already this tour a couple of times....I could be wrong.

Have the snippets been similar to the rest of the tour?

Was Vertigo X2(stories for boys/ramones song snippets) only played at Seattle2?

u2fp

According to U2-vertigo-tour.com...

Dublin #2 setlist < just the snippets >

The Electric Co. / Bullet With Butterfly Wings (snippet) / Send In The Clowns (snippet) / I Can See For Miles (snippet)
Beautiful Day / Blackbird (snippet)
Bullet The Blue Sky / The Hands That Built America (snippet) / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
Running To Stand Still / Happy Birthday (snippet) / Walk On (snippet)
Vertigo / The Boys Are Back In Town (snippet) / Jailbreak (snippet)

its cool to see the Thin Lizzy snippets. IIRC, u2 opened up for Thin Lizzy at Slane Castle in 1981 or '82.

All,
I'm just about the biggest setlist nitpicker ever, and a sworn proponent of the "U2 Should Mix it up More Club.'

But let's look at things a different way:

Dublin 6-2505 (by album)

How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
Boy
Boy
All That You Can't Leave Behind
War
All That You Can't Leave Behind
The Joshua Tree
Rattle and Hum
War
The Joshua Tree
The Unforgettable Fire
The Joshua Tree
Achtung Baby
Achtung Baby
Achtung Baby
Achtung Baby

-- An anomaly: Party Girl

###

I personally would add a few Unforgettable Fire tracks and mabye at least on October track (Gloria), a PoP track (Gone, Last Night on Earth, Staring at the Sun) and a Zooropa Track (Stay), and we'd be golden.

Try this setlist:

Vertigo
Out of Control
Electric Co.
Gloria
October
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day
All I Want is You
City of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
The Unforgettable Fire
Gone
Love and Peace
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Pride In The Name of Love
Where The Streets Have No Name
One

Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Until the End of the World

All Because of You
Stay
Bad/40

###

StlElevation said:
out of control was played once so far before today (5.28)

party girl a few times though

OOC was played on 5/26, Party Girl was played on 5/28 (and a couple of the Chicago shows).

Say what you will about U2's relative unoriginality in making their setlists, but if I went to a show and the band played these songs, I would be in heaven.

Out of control is very rare so the setlist was something special

With over 400 songs to choose from they are NEVER going to please everyone (see thousand threads whining)

and dont forget they are getting old so Bono's urge to do a tune
spontaneously just dont work (ref Party Girl at gelsenkirchen) because the band simply cant remember how it goes.

Last edited:
ramblin rose said:

OOC was played on 5/26, Party Girl was played on 5/28 (and a couple of the Chicago shows).

:der:

my fault

i was at all the boston shows too. i guess i shouldnt post at night

People say u2 don't change there setlists, but what does it matter, you most likely are only gonna see them once, so it doesn't matter.

Irishteen said:
People say u2 don't change there setlists, but what does it matter, you most likely are only gonna see them once, so it doesn't matter.

Not true.
Many people go more than once in the same city.

Actually I was at the show and thought this setlist worked great! It was my first Vertigo Tour show and I was really impressed, it just kept getting better and better.

The band nailed "Out Of Control" perfectly with us going wild in the audience. It had the drum punch, excellent guitar and Bono in top form: "Out Of Controooooooooool!" What else can you say? Maybe, that Bono said, too they really like to play stuff from their first album(s) on ths tour - and so "The Electric Co." with its brilliant snippets was on the same top level. A great moment: The Edge wanted to restart the song after the middle part, but Bono showed him to stay "quiet" - and sung straight to the fully concentrated and serious looking The Edge a hair rising "Send In The Clowns" with him adressing being "locked inside of your sound" ...
"Party Girl" was a real blast with Matt playing great on the acoustic guitar, Edge on the electric and the others giving everything - instead of the champagne, Bono has ordered, but did not arrive. The frontman even sung the "When I was three ..." verse with the variety (... and I was right, but I do not give a sh*te...). What a punk moment, really for the self-called "worst wedding band, but best rock and roll band!" And, yes, they were the best yesterday!

alibee said:

Not true.
Many people go more than once in the same city.

Well you know what them fans should just shut up, you know u2 will play almost the same songs, so why go to more then one show and then bitch about it after. Go to one next if you only wanna hear the songs once, U2 wanna play to as many people as possible not the same everyday.

we have the U2 go home dvd and the one song we thought it was too good to be true was out of control.. to see them sing it live was fantastic, and even though people have been complaining that songs like One are tired and worn out, for me to get the chance to stand and watch edge play guitar on it was one of those special moments for me, and even moved my husband to tears

and the crowds reaction to the songs old and new was brilliant I didn't see anyone just standing around going.. oh no not that old song again... I have been listening to U2 for 20 years, and I could never get fed up listening to them sing any of their songs, and I think the majority of the fans feel the same.. cos their songs are so good it always feel like it's the first time you have heard them and they will always be special, thats what makes their music unique

so they can sing that setlist or any setlist for me I won't ever complain

Well, I happened to think that the boys did a grand aul job when they played Dublin 2. As did the 80,000 people around me. SO, QUIT COMPLAINING!

I mean, lets face it. It is the HTDAAB Tour. Therefore, expect more songs from that Album. As for playing Vertigo twice. They are trying to make a huge impact with that song! Ergo, twice a night... bet yer girlfriends can't claim that! :wink:

Doc Ocho said:
I mean, lets face it. It is the HTDAAB Tour. Therefore, expect more songs from that Album. As for playing Vertigo twice. They are trying to make a huge impact with that song! Ergo, twice a night... bet yer girlfriends can't claim that! :wink:

So Asterdam is going to get 12 times Vertigo ...Oh my GODDDD:wink:

Chizip said:
12 times in one night :drool:

Lol...no no no chizip...12 times a night that's too much. 4 times a night though..no problem!!!!

hello hello
hello hello
hello hello
hello hello

:rockon: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom