Our dreams are coming true...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
Zoo Station, The Fly, Running To Stand Still, Into the Heart, The Electric Co, 40...

I wonder if U2 spent time reading U2 fan boards... there's no way they could have thought of this on their own!

no, of course not. afterall, they only wrote the songs, what would they know about actually playing them?

Didn't they play the Flyu most of last tour? I think they figured it out on their own.

Perhaps not enough. Get rid of Fly, get rid of Pride, add in A sort of homecoming and Unforgettable fire or Seconds.

I still thin they sell themselves way short on the playlist, even with the stuff added from Boy.

I'm talking about the band actually pulling out older songs...

I didn't think they'd go back as far as Boy... I thought they'd only play like "I Will Follow" or "Out Of Control" but not A Cat Dubh / Into the Heart...

Like wise, I thought Running To Stand Still was done for after Zoo TV considering Bono's vocals.

It's like U2 researched the fans wants and decided to play them.

Nickel II said:
Didn't they play the Flyu most of last tour? I think they figured it out on their own.

Perhaps not enough. Get rid of Fly, get rid of Pride, add in A sort of homecoming and Unforgettable fire or Seconds.

I still thin they sell themselves way short on the playlist, even with the stuff added from Boy.

Get rid of The Fly? Are you mad? It's one of the two or three serious rockers they play!

I duuno, I just think they sell themselves short overall and have ever since Zoo TV when they said they wouldn't play anything pre-Unforgettable Fire again.

War is a great album and it is great to see 40 added back in. Pride needs to go, they love it more than the fans. 3 better songs to play life from that album.

From JT:
Exit
Trip thru your wires

R+H:
Hawkmoon
God Part II
AIWIY (One of the greatest U2 songs ever).
Would love to hear Van Diemens Land.

Zooropa, lots of great stuff

POP is about the only album I don't care to ever hear again.

U@ shoulf kick it up a notch like Pearl Jam and go to 3 hour shows.

the tourist said:

Get rid of The Fly? Are you mad? It's one of the two or three serious rockers they play!

It was great to hear last tour, but kill it for this one and add in something else. Have you efver heard ASOH live. Kicks The Flys ASS!

Nickel II said:

U@ shoulf kick it up a notch like Pearl Jam and go to 3 hour shows.

Bono's voice wouldn't be able to handle it. He sings substantially higher and stronger than Ed Vedder of PJ.

the true test will be whether or not they play ACROBAT ... if they play that song then I agree they've searched fan boards and read fan petitions! :p

We need to learn how to read Bono's improvised lyrics as portents, like tea leaves. He said, "I'm ready for the Acrobat" the first night, right? Anyone hear an "I'm ready for the Hawkmoon 269?" We've gotta know.

Nickel II said:

It was great to hear last tour, but kill it for this one and add in something else. Have you efver heard ASOH live. Kicks The Flys ASS!

ASOH is one of my favorite songs but it doesn't kick the Fly's ass live. Not even close. In fact, when U2 were recording Wide Awake in America they couldn't get a strong enough live cut of ASOH for official release. They ended up recording the version on the album during a rehearsal in an empty stadium and adding crowd noise after the fact.

njelevation06 said:
the true test will be whether or not they play ACROBAT ... if they play that song then I agree they've searched fan boards and read fan petitions!

Back
Top Bottom