Opening song not from new album....T

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shawn Bonneau

New Yorker
Songs they could open with....

Pride
Desire
Last Night on Earth
Until the End of the World
Where the Streets Have No Name
I Will Follow
Out of Control
Gone
Even Better Than the Real Thing

SMB

I can see MLK being a good opening number.... The lights got out and the music starts. Bono comes walking out but with very little blue lighting. Then the band comes out and breaks into City of Blinding Lights.

SMB

Lady would be AMAZING...

It could be Electrical Storm

Imagine MLK
let it rain... rain down on him... tick tick tick tick... 1, 2, 3, 14!!!!!

:drool:

UTEOTW, could have some cool video and lighting to start off the show, I hope its not Streets, it's such a great opener but I like it more toward the end. It's like the climax.

This may be hard to follow, but Ive always pictured the show starting like this:

Its dark, and you hear Bono sing beautifully the one line "But I cant help falling in love with you" then right after that Larry does those 4 drum things, and Vertigo begins and the lights go on. I think that would be awesome.

Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me with the Popmart sirens intro.

Vertigo would probably be the opening track on most nights as Elevation was for the previous tour. The claim that Love and Peace or Else could be a possible opening song (as mentioned in the other thread Reasonable Setlists) is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Sorry, but I feel very strongly about that.

When they played the astoria on the ATYCLB promo tour they opened with Until The End of the World.

I was so happy to hear something from AB as the first song, even though it's not my favourite, I nearly wet myself

I always thought "Until the End of the World" would be a very solid opener. You could do alot of things with the intro. I think "Twilight" would be solid opener with Vertigo to follow as the 2nd number.

Beautiful Day would be a good opener... since Vertigo is a a lyrical sequel to it, Vertigo would then follow. Beautiful Day would open the concert quite nicely, when Bono goes into singing "See the world in green in blue..." and ends with "After the flood all the colors came out, the lights go out and a lot of colorful lights come on...

I still think Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me a-la Popmart, followed by Vertigo, All Because Of You, Desire, and Love and Peace.

Numbology said:
Originally posted by 2861U2

Larry does those 4 drum things,

hahahaha 4 drum things...brilliant:wink:

I think perhaps they meant the clickity click of the sticks counting in.

No, not metronome -- I mean when the drummers do the count in by hitting their sticks together over their head to let the band know when to start in the manner of "one, two, three, four...." or, if you will, "unos, dos, tres, catorce!"

Yeah, I think Beautiful Day might be a good opener - something circa AB [EBTTRT, Mysterious Ways, UTEOTW are all pretty energetic crowd pleasers]. I think Pride would be awesome too.

I don't know about Pride -- live it's just not as rocking and they usually start the show off with something rocking.

Back
Top Bottom