Opening night setlist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

db u2

The Fly
Vertigo
All Because of You
Gloria
In Gods Country
Exit
Love and Peace or Else
Peace on Earth
Walk On
Do You Feel Loved
God Part II
Tough
Stuck in a Moment
Electric Co.
Wire
Hands That Built America
Elevation
Full Metal Jacket

With or Without You
New Years Day
Pride

Beautiful Day
Electrical Storm

:bono: :edge: :larry: :adam:

Man, I'd love to see Do You Feel Loved, it's a pity they dropped that after the inital nights of PopMart. Looks a pretty nice set list, one more for the fans than just the floaters that turn up to hear the hits. But I must admit, a U2 show ain't a U2 show without WTSHNN, you gotta have that in there, maybe as a closer for a change!

While it's a little hard to guess a setlist when we've never heard the new songs, but here's my shot, this of course isn't my dream setlist, but my guess at what they'll play or consider for the tour. I truly believe, though, with U2 taking in the recent springsteen and rem tours of the past couple of years, that they will begin to rotate the set more often.

Full Metal Jacket
Vertigo
Electrical Storm
Until the End of the World
A Man and a Woman
All Because of You
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Tough
Stuck in a Moment
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Kite (acoustic)
Hands That Built America (acoustic)
The Unforgettable Fire
Beautiful Day
Please
Where the Streets Have No Name
Walk On
--------------------
City Of Blinding Lights
Bullet the Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
---------------------
One
Love Is Blindness
Love Peace or Else

or

Dirty Day
One
Love Peace or Else

*notable deletions Pride, With or Without You, ISHFWILF, New Year's Day, Mysterious Ways - I think Pride will show up in cities with multiple nights - my guesses for the old songs that will return are love is blindness, unforgettable fire, dirty day and running to stand still - i also think bad has seen it's better days.

Last edited:
Vervefloyd said:
I think Pride will show up in cities with multiple nights - my guesses for the old songs that will return are love is blindness, unforgettable fire, dirty day and running to stand still - i also think bad has seen it's better days.

I agree, I think "bad" has seen its better days, there were good performances of it during Elevation but sometimes it seemed uninspired when they performed it, like they were sort of running through the motions. For a song that wasnt a single, it has lasted a long time in the setlist and although one of my favorite u2 songs, I think they should play it once in awhile. Maybe 1 out of every 4 shows, but not almost every night! The bigger one for me though is "Bullet the Blue Sky", take that off the setlist unless Bono has a "Lennon Gun Control" rant ready. Love the song but they should stop playing it every night. I just want to hear the new songs live, as many as possible! I love how u2 are such an old rock band and they still make the best music so they can come out and play 7-8 songs off their last album. The stones and Aerosmith wish they could do this.

Dalkey Beach said:
Vertigo
All Because of You
Gloria
In Gods Country
Exit
Love and Peace or Else
Peace on Earth
Walk On
Do You Feel Loved
God Part II
Tough
Stuck in a Moment
Electric Co.
Wire
Hands That Built America
Elevation
Full Metal Jacket

With or Without You
New Years Day
Pride

Beautiful Day
Electrical Storm

I would love for them to play God Part II. God that would be great!!

I'm just wondering where are the Achtung Baby and Zooropa songs?

I'd think atleast ONE would be there.

Joel

Vervefloyd said:
While it's a little hard to guess a setlist when we've never heard the new songs, but here's my shot, this of course isn't my dream setlist, but my guess at what they'll play or consider for the tour. I truly believe, though, with U2 taking in the recent springsteen and rem tours of the past couple of years, that they will begin to rotate the set more often.

Full Metal Jacket
Vertigo
Electrical Storm
Until the End of the World
A Man and a Woman
All Because of You
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Tough
Stuck in a Moment
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Kite (acoustic)
Hands That Built America (acoustic)
The Unforgettable Fire
Beautiful Day
Please
Where the Streets Have No Name
Walk On
--------------------
City Of Blinding Lights
Bullet the Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
---------------------
One
Love Is Blindness
Love Peace or Else

or

Dirty Day
One
Love Peace or Else

*notable deletions Pride, With or Without You, ISHFWILF, New Year's Day, Mysterious Ways - I think Pride will show up in cities with multiple nights - my guesses for the old songs that will return are love is blindness, unforgettable fire, dirty day and running to stand still - i also think bad has seen it's better days.

Even though I'm a recent convert to U2, that dosen't look like a bad set at all. I like the idea of 'Kite' being done acoustically, I think that would be nice. One song I'd like to see included is 'New York', I enjoyed the Boston DVD performance of that.

Bono told me the other day that this will be the setlist March 26.2004 in Miami,Florida:

1.All Because Of You
2.Vertigo
3.Even Better Than The Real Thing
4.The Last Night On Earth
5.Until The End Of The World
6.Love And Peace
7.New York
8.Crumbs From Your Table
9. Elevation
10.Out Of Control
11.Desire(Bono and Edge Acoustic)
12.All I Want Is You (Bono and Edge Acoustic)
13.A Man and a Woman
14.Electrical Storm
15.Gone
16.Miracle Drug
17.Where The Streets Have No Name

18.Gloria
19.Pride(In The Name Of Love)
20.Walk On

21.One
22.City Of Blinding Lights

I am his twin so Trust Me!:wink:

Dalkey Beach said:
Gloria
In Gods Country
Do You Feel Loved
Electric Co.
Wire

God, that would be so great to hear any of those songs (especially In God's Country!!!!!).

I thought AIWIY worked great last tour. That and Bad are two songs I never tire of listening to so the way they alternated during Elevation tour was great!

Ultimately though it depends on the quality of the new songs. I loved hearing Bullet and New York on the last tour cos they were really rocking songs with Edge let off his leash running wild. If the new songs are rocking we could live without these two, if not we'll need them.

Would also like to see Last Night on Earth included again. It was a great mid-set rocker during Popmart and with a fresh treatment could be great again.

01. Vertigo
02. Full Metal Jacket
03. Beautiful Day
04. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
05. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
06. All Because Of You
07. I Will Follow
08. Sunday Bloody Sunday
09. Miracle Drug
10. Electrical Storm
11. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
12. All I Want Is You
13. Angel Of Harlem
14. Desire
15. Running To Stand Still
16. Where The Streets Have No Name
17. 40
Encore 1
18. City Of Blinding Lights
19. Mysterious Ways
20. One
Encore 2
21. With Or Without You
22. Walk On
23. Love & Peace or Else

Too many songs to choose from

I must admit, I could live without hearing With Or Without You on this tour, it's lost a little of it's magic over the years live through different arrangements and Bono's voice changing.

I could also probably live without Bullet as well, I've seen it on every tour I've been too and it's always been a stunner, but I'd like something new in there to replace it.

God Part II would be a perfect choice to fit in there, although I doubt we'll ever hear that again, I don't think B-man's voice would be powerfull enough to convey the anger he felt on the album version, but hell, I'd like to hear them give it a go.

I really hope they really freshen up the set lists this time around. Bring back a few more from Boy for example, and really explore a lot of the gems they never play now. Bring back songs that were for one tour only, for example, Zoo Station and Mofo would be great to hear again. I'd love to hear Love Is Blindness again as well. Love Is Blindness could easily replace WOWY this time round and would be so refreshing.

Dalkey Beach said:
Vertigo
All Because of You
Gloria
In Gods Country
Exit
Love and Peace or Else
Peace on Earth
Walk On
Do You Feel Loved
God Part II
Tough
Stuck in a Moment
Electric Co.
Wire
Hands That Built America
Elevation
Full Metal Jacket

With or Without You
New Years Day
Pride

Beautiful Day
Electrical Storm

Wire, In gods country, Gloria! :faint:

Edge emailed me the list last night, sorry it took so long to post:

01. Vertigo
02. Crumbs from Your Table
03. Beautiful Day
04. Gone
05. Mysterious Ways
06. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
07. I Will Follow
08. Sunday Bloody Sunday
09. Miracle Drug
10. Mofo
11. Kite
12. In God's Country
13. Angel Of Harlem
----------
B-stage:
14. Please - edge version (?!!)
15. Still haven't found what I'm Looking For
------------------
16. Running To Stand Still
17. Where The Streets Have No Name

Encore:
18. Elevation
19. All because of You
20. One

Encore 2:
21. Yahweh

------------------
looking at edge's ideal list, I see the following considerations:
• trying to get most of the albums in
• it's light on ATYCLB, as they toured heavy on those songs on the last tour
• need some hits
• need some rare stuff
• need lots of new stuff
• Please with Edge on lead and bono on backing gives him a break in the middle of hard rocking show

Travis -

You have WAAAAY too much time on your hands, buddy:)

And is your company doing US marketing/advertising for them too?:) LOL

1. Vertigo
2. All Because of You
3. Miracle Drug
4. Gloria/Party Girl
5. 11 O Clock Tic Toc
6. God Part II
7. City of Blinding Lights
8. Stay
9. Kite
10. Desire (full version, not acoustic)
11. Streets
12. A man and a Woman
13. In God's Country
14. Acrobat
15. Staring at the sun (not acoustic)
16. The Ground Beneath Her feet
17. One (Unchained Melody)

18. Electrical Storm
19. The Unforgetable Fire
20. In a little While

21. Crumbs From Your Table
22. Yahweh

from the initial post by Daulky Beach - how does "Tough" make the setlist if it wasn't included on the new album?
:scratch:

Ditto "Full Metal Jacket". That's a completely and literally unbelievable set list. What does that tell us, hmmm?

biff said:
Ditto "Full Metal Jacket". That's a completely and literally unbelievable set list. What does that tell us, hmmm?

Keep in mind, he posted this on Sept 5, 2004, not of course to stick up for him and say he was Edge. But, we didn't know the tracklisting until, a week or so ago? So it was quite possible that Full Metal Jacket and Tough were going to appear on the album, if in fact this was Edge.

U2Fan101 said:

Keep in mind, he posted this on Sept 5, 2004, not of course to stick up for him and say he was Edge. But, we didn't know the tracklisting until, a week or so ago? So it was quite possible that Full Metal Jacket and Tough were going to appear on the album, if in fact this was Edge.

It is most probably that these were working titles for songs that are on the LP. Tough for example is SYCMIYO..

It adds to my belief.....He himself debunked the early track lists on Amazon/HMV and was proven right....

U2Fan101 said:

But the album was finished in early July, a full two months before this post. Also, this post appeared what, three weeks before the tracklisting was offically announced? It doesn't add up.

But even if you ignore these two songs, there are so many other things wrong with that list. Can you actually imagine hearing it, those songs in that order?:no:

Back
Top Bottom