Open up with "Streets" again??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boston2012

The Fly
I don't think they will stop playing Streets any day soon and we've all talked endlessly about what should seque into Streets, etc but what about opening up with it again??

It really is the perfect opening song and will force them to come up with a new "show moment" in its' place later in the show.

i'd love it, but i don't think they'll ever open with an old song, it's always from the new album. but it would definitely rock, for sure!

it would but i always like it toward the end of the show, its kind of the climax at the end, the pinnacle if u will.

well, maybe not this tour, but its still awesome.

RademR said:
it would but i always like it toward the end of the show, its kind of the climax at the end, the pinnacle if u will.

well, maybe not this tour, but its still awesome.

Yea...but that's the thing...how long will in continue to be the climax of the show? I think they are going to want to change the climax or "the moment" of the show to something else since they've done it for 2 tours in a row.

They will still play it though and if not the climax then what better spot for it than opening up....

Maybe a "Numb" done in the dark w/Edge on the video screen; having that seque into "Streets" as they come on stage???

I think it would work really well as an opening for the encore. Then it could be followed by a rocker like it was followed by I Will Follow on the JT tour. Maybe Vertigo would be a good song to follow it.

It would be could as part of an encore but if it is anywhere except the first song...I'd still like to see something seque into the song.

I just think they will mix it up quite a bit on the next tour and since Streets has been such a big part of the last 2 tours, that could mean that they don't play it all, play it first, play it stand alone with a large build-up, etc.

I disagree with whoever said playing it first would mean the end of the band...how does that make any sense?

I think it would be a great intro and really get the crowd into it all right away......they could even rework it a bit to surprise everyone.

We need to be more concerned with them hopefully dropping "Pride" and "One".....I'll start the petition! :wink:

One...I agree...after making it such a big part of this tour; I definately think they'll dropt it. Pride? I don't know...maybe it becomes like "Bad" on this tour where they play it only once in a while.

If Streets would ever open, COBL would take it's place as an encore closer;

Bad
City Of Blinding Lights
Pride (In The Name Of Love)

The traditional segue...

Back
Top Bottom