Oots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JMScoopy

Refugee
I wonder why they went from the AMAZING versions played in Italy, with Edge on guitar, back to the half-ass Edge on piano version.

Another thing, their are 3 different live versions of this song:

1. Edge on guitar w/ extra keyboardist (album)
2. Edge on piano, Bono on guitar
3. Edge on piano only

I think this is the first time that there have been 3 different live versions of a song ON THE SAME TOUR. I dont think there has even been 2 different verisons of a song on the same tour.

Yep, this baffles me too.

Where did they play it with Bono on guitar? :scratch:

It should be played each night, it's too good to be left out.

Bono was on guitar for the one done in Chicago (and he was in Brooklyn as well). But he's really only strumming a bit and hardly adds to it, it's not at all like the guitar when Edge is on it. Terry Lawless must not be with them on every tour date. Perhaps they should have Bono play the piano on that one (he's no virtuoso but he can play and U2's piano parts are mostly not hard at all...), although I get the feeling he has trouble playing and singing at the same time. :D

Axver said:

Yes he does. Sweetest Thing ring any bells?

I thought all he does when they play Sweetest Thing is ride in the back of a buggy looking like Elvis Costello....:scratch:

:wink:

Did Bono not have piano lessons when he was very young?

Personally i believe Bono is better on some musical instruments than we know or he lets on:wink:

I loved the version with the guy from the crew at Amsterdam 3.
One of the highlights of that show to me and I was there:wink:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Hell the way Adam has been on this tour, put Bono on bass & vocals, and have Adam play piano. He makes Elton John look like Justin Timberlake when he does the City of Blinding Lights intro :wink:

Cool, I'm now a Refugee!

I wonder how the potential 4th version would sound like: drums and bass, Edge on guitar, Bono on acoustic guitar and NO piano.

Back
Top Bottom