One Tree Hill?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Man said:
at least one of the new zealand concerts will see the encore: Wits -> OTH -> Happy Xmas (War is over).

definitely.

Told you so.

I hate when I'm pessimistic.

ouizy said:

If they closed the show with the song, I think it would be one of the best things this band has done in the past 20 years.

First time I have quoted myself on these boards. I stand by this, and all I can say is that those of you at Auckland 2 have witnessed something that will probably never happen again in our lives.

I am so happy the band played this song, and twice even - totally crazy to me.

It is my favorite song of ALL time.

Does anyone have a file of this song from either night? Or can someone point me in the right direction to a site that has it?

Axver?

Axver, you still alive?

Thanks in advance guys.

ouizy said:

First time I have quoted myself on these boards. I stand by this, and all I can say is that those of you at Auckland 2 have witnessed something that will probably never happen again in our lives.

I am so happy the band played this song, and twice even - totally crazy to me.

It is my favorite song of ALL time.

Does anyone have a file of this song from either night? Or can someone point me in the right direction to a site that has it?

Axver?

Axver, you still alive?

Thanks in advance guys.

here are a couple... if you haven't already seen them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sspVCKq-sm4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QprWe_kqliE

I agree.. it was completely amazing to hear them play this. I hope it stays on the setlist for the remainder of the tour. But maybe it shouldn't as it would make these two performances that much more special. It was great both nights, but I really think Bono nailed it on 11/25.

Last edited:
ouizy said:
Axver?

Axver, you still alive?

Barely!

I'm never going to a U2 show again, unless something really special like a concert in my hometown happens. Concluding the show with such an amazing, incredible, spectacular rendition of One Tree Hill, with the acknowledgement that Greg Carroll's family were there and the koru designs on the big screens ... I cried. It was so perfect. If I could choose just one thing to be the last thing I ever hear U2 play live ... it is that. And I've made that choice. As One Tree Hill ended, I was actually thinking "please don't play another song, please don't play another song" - I never thought I'd think that about a U2 show, but having One Tree Hill last was so moving, nothing could top it.

I'm not even sure I want to hear audio or video of it. Right now, I'm happy to have it in my mind. Maybe I'll check it out some day when I'm older and feel like reminiscing ...

Axver said:

Barely!

I'm never going to a U2 show again, unless something really special like a concert in my hometown happens. Concluding the show with such an amazing, incredible, spectacular rendition of One Tree Hill, with the acknowledgement that Greg Carroll's family were there and the koru designs on the big screens ... I cried. It was so perfect. If I could choose just one thing to be the last thing I ever hear U2 play live ... it is that. And I've made that choice. As One Tree Hill ended, I was actually thinking "please don't play another song, please don't play another song" - I never thought I'd think that about a U2 show, but having One Tree Hill last was so moving, nothing could top it.

I'm not even sure I want to hear audio or video of it. Right now, I'm happy to have it in my mind. Maybe I'll check it out some day when I'm older and feel like reminiscing ...
we'll see when the next tour comes around ;)

KUEFC09U2 said:
we'll see when the next tour comes around ;)

I'll only go if they play Wellington or they suddenly decide to play a set that includes a truckload of my favourites.

Assuming normal programming, I will not attend. I mean that. Why even bother? One Tree Hill was perfect. I am now content to just watch the setlists.

Axver said:

As One Tree Hill ended, I was actually thinking "please don't play another song, please don't play another song" - I never thought I'd think that about a U2 show, but having One Tree Hill last was so moving, nothing could top it.

Funny. I actuallly thought something similar (although it was a much less emotional moment) at Brisbane. For the first time, I understood why U2 limit their concert lengths the way they do. If you are fortunate enough to catch a well-performed U2 show that moves you personally, where you go more or less exactly where the band wants you to go on their musical journey, it seems exactly the right length. I would have welcomed Bad after Kite in Brissy, I suppose, but I wasn't waiting for it.
Glad you got to be there for all this, Axver. I've heard the boots. OTH has never sounded better.

Axver said:

Barely!

Congrats Mate!!! I can't wait to hear this - I just had a wierd feeling this was going to happen!!!!

Axver,

My sentiments exactly.

If I saw a show in my hometown (or near it) that they had not played in 13 years, and they closed the show with my favorite song of all time (that they have not played in full in years) I would follow the "go out on a high note" idea and retire my fanaticism.

So glad you were able to see them, and to close the night like that, I really have to say that it could not be more perfect.

Thanks guys for the link.

Back
Top Bottom