One Tree Hill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gosh, could you imagine Ultraviolet being played again. *happythought*

Re: Re: One Tree Hill

karls77 said:

Waiting to be performed when/if they ever make it down to NZ!

Exactly. I extremely doubt it will ever be played otherwise.

I'm very happy that I actually did see them do this song once, but I would love to hear it again. It's an underrated U2 masterpiece.

Well you better start putting ketchup and mustard on it, and maybe pre-heating the oven, cause I doubt One Tree Hill will be snippeted in the States:)

U2Fan101 said:
Well you better start putting ketchup and mustard on it, and maybe pre-heating the oven, cause I doubt One Tree Hill will be snippeted in the States:)

Carek1230 said:
I was gonna say better get your condiments out, cuz we won't be hearing it here. Maybe Down Under but not here in the USA.

It was the Down Under tour that I had in mind.

There's NO chance of it appearing in the US.

In which song would a snippet appear?
Maybe Yahweh?
One?
Miss Sarajevo?
All these would be good choices, but RTSS would've been THE song to add a snippet to.

If they go to New Zealand, either play the full One Tree Hill or don't bother playing it at all, I say.

Axver said:
If they go to New Zealand, either play the full One Tree Hill or don't bother playing it at all, I say.

That would be amazing..we'll have to wait and see.

Start that One Tree Hill appreciation thread and you never know - the band might (just might) pick up on it.

Axver said:

Hell, if it ever came up here in the States, it'd better be the full song...

i think this would be an awesome New Zealand setlist:

City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Electric Co.
The Ocean
All I Want is You
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own
Yaweh
Love and Peace or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet the Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo

--HR Video--

Pride
Where the Streets Have No Name
One

The Fly
Mysterious Ways
With or Without You
Original of the Species

Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of
One Tree Hill

As stupid as this sounds, I have made a personal vow that if I were to go to a U2 show and they played One Tree Hill, I would not go to another U2 show after that.

That is how much this song means to me.

I saw them play it when I was 13 in 1987 and since the JT has come out - it was my favorite song. Hell, I even spray painted its lyrics on the wall in WIndmill Lane Dublin.

I really would want that to be my lasting memory of U2 live and if I saw them play it on this tour, or the next, or whenever - I would not go back to another show - that would be it.

Back
Top Bottom