OMG! They played Acrobat!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2mixer

War Child
Well, we can dream - and dream out loud!

Here it is, MY live mix of what I think Acrobat would sound like on the Vertigo tour.

320 kbps mp3.

NOTE : I haven't mixed the music, but mixed in the crowd.

Whaddayathink?

http://s59. ysi .com/d.aspx?id=0SFQAIQYAR76I0ZOX29HRDMYOW

(had to use YSI as Savefile seems to be a bit unreliable these days, but I will upload it to my projects when it's stable)

Nice editing there...

If they did it in concert, I'd love to see it like this;

Until The End Of The World
Acrobat
With Or Without You

Holy shit! That sound so real! Great work!! :up:

Love And Peace Or Else
The Fly
Until The End Of The World
Acrobat
With Or Without You

It could totally happen! :drool:

BrazilianFly, looks like you liked my Love And Peace transition to The Fly! :wink:

wow thats unbelievable!! :drool:

they really need to play this live

Amazing to think that fans have been screaming to hear this song live for 12+ years, yet the only thing the band feels the need to do is play us WTSHNN and Pride for the bazillionth time each show.

Great mix there, U2mixer, but personally I think the audience sounds way too sedated. If U2 were to actually break out into Acrobat full band I can guarantee the entire place would go absolutely nuts.

Last edited:
Ghostwriter said:
Amazing to think that fans have been screaming to hear this song live for 12+ years, yet the only thing the band feels the need to do is play us WTSHNN and Pride for the bazillionth time each show.

Great mix there, U2mixer, but personally I think the audience sounds way too sedated. If U2 were to actually break out into Acrobat full band I can guarantee the entire place would go absolutely nuts.

5% might. Then if it's played two nights in a row, people will start complaining the setlist isn't mixed up enough.

BigMacPhisto said:
Yeah, half the crowd wouldn't know what "Acrobat" is.......

I've seen that argument before, and I honestly think it's nonsense. Acrobat's on U2's second-best selling album of all time, so I'd expect a large number of people to recognise it. We're not talking about Scarlet here.

This would be my ideal live performance of Acrobat:

*Edge and band ready their instruments*

*Larry starts the intro drum line on cymbal*

*Adam starts plucking at the bassline*

Bono: This is a lesser known song from Achtung Baby...umm...it's been ages since we played it...the hardcore fans will know it, so I dedicate this performance to them. The best song on Achtung Baby

*Edge starts playing harmonic distortion*

*The music builds, swelling, swelling, getting louder and louder, the fans screaming their lungs out*

*Those of us listening to Gorman's setlist party threads shit our pants*

*Swelling music, louder, louder, louder, LOUDER!*

*The band finally explodes into the first verse of Ultraviolet, sounding better than it ever has*

:|

:eyebrow:

:ohmy:

:(

*Those on Interference listening in shit their pants again...from disappointment. 130 pages of debate and rage fill the forums. I THOUGHT THEY WERE PLAYING ACROBAT GRRRRRBAGRABGAAHAHAH!!11!1!*

*I lean back in my chair, giggling faintly. Then I rejoice in the fact that U2's greatest live gem was ressurected and Acrobat remains burried.*:drool:

Lancemc said:

Bono: This is a lesser known song from Achtung Baby...umm...it's been ages since we played it...the hardcore fans will know it, so I dedicate this performance to them. The best song on Achtung Baby

*The music builds, swelling, swelling, getting louder and louder, the fans screaming their lungs out*

*The band finally explodes into the first verse of Ultraviolet, sounding better than it ever has*

*Those on Interference listening in shit their pants again...from disappointment. 130 pages of debate and rage fill the forums. I THOUGHT THEY WERE PLAYING ACROBAT GRRRRRBAGRABGAAHAHAH!!11!1!*

*I lean back in my chair, giggling faintly. Then I rejoice in the fact that U2's greatest live gem was ressurected and Acrobat remains burried.*:drool:

:lmao::lmao:

I'd laugh so hard I'd shit my pants if that ever happened

Lancemc said:

:lmao:

Ultraviolet would be kinda cool, it would be worse if it exploeded into something really common, like mysterious ways or until the end of the world.

Axver said:
I've seen that argument before, and I honestly think it's nonsense. Acrobat's on U2's second-best selling album of all time, so I'd expect a large number of people to recognise it. We're not talking about Scarlet here.
Yeah, if they recognize "Zoo Station," "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses," and the oddly-absent-from-the-U.S.-Best-Of "The Fly," they would probably recognize "Acrobat."

And if they don't recognize it, it's about time they start getting to know it.

The whole setlist is tailored towards the casual greatest hits crowd. If one or two obscure gems creep n that the casuals don't know then they can go on a piss break for all I care. Serves them right for only listening to the best off albums. After all, when I became a fan in '87 I took the effort to also collect their older material. It's even easier today if you are part of the p2p download crowd.

For the 80-bajillionth time...

Zoo Station
The Electric Co
Gloria
The Ocean
An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart
The First Time
Miss Sarajevo

Are far from being Greatest Hits that casual fans would be familiar with

Similarly, but to a lesser extent...

Fast Cars
Whose Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Out of Control
Until the End of the World
The Fly

Are songs that casual fans are still not likely to know.

Ultimately, calling the Vertigo a Greatest Hits tour (which is has been repeatedly past threads) or even just alluding to it catering to the Greatest Hits crowd (done just above me) is just plain erroneous.

Lancemc said:
For the 80-bajillionth time...

Zoo Station
The Electric Co
Gloria
The Ocean
An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart
The First Time
Miss Sarajevo

Are far from being Greatest Hits that casual fans would be familiar with

Similarly, but to a lesser extent...

Fast Cars
Whose Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Out of Control
Until the End of the World
The Fly

Are songs that casual fans are still not likely to know.

Ultimately, calling the Vertigo a Greatest Hits tour (which is has been repeatedly past threads) or even just alluding to it catering to the Greatest Hits crowd (done just above me) is just plain erroneous.

I think the tour became a bit more Greatest Hits by the end. Just look at the setlist for the final night. Out of 21 songs, 17 were either from the new album or either of the Best Ofs. The remaining four? One is Elevation, a popular recent song; the second is Bullet, from the band's best selling album of all time; the third is a John Lennon cover; and the fourth is 40, which is famous for its closing status.

I wouldn't say Vertigo was U2's Greatest Hits Tour, but it wasn't exactly an Obscure Songs Lovefest either.

usamilo said:

What was the audio source for the Stockholm WOWY mix that appears on the same download page? Audience? IEM? Nice job on both mixes.

Stockholm Earpiece.
Stockholm First Night - Audience.

I've uploaded an edited 'fade in' version of Stay from my matrix and I've edited it as sometimes I can get an interested party willing to trade for a matrix.

All bootlegs were bought silver disc from record fairs or recorded lossless from guys that I've traded with here in the UK.

I also have mp3 sourced stuff (who doesn't?), but prefer not to trade lossless formats UNLESS it is for private usage, but realising that I could trade a lossless with a guy then he goes and converts it to mp3, throws it on ebay and sells inferior quality recordings for mucho profito without my knowledge as is such the world of trading these days!

C'est la Vie!

http://savefile.com/projects.php?pid=370823

Axver said:

I think the tour became a bit more Greatest Hits by the end. Just look at the setlist for the final night. Out of 21 songs, 17 were either from the new album or either of the Best Ofs. The remaining four? One is Elevation, a popular recent song; the second is Bullet, from the band's best selling album of all time; the third is a John Lennon cover; and the fourth is 40, which is famous for its closing status.

I wouldn't say Vertigo was U2's Greatest Hits Tour, but it wasn't exactly an Obscure Songs Lovefest either.

First off, its Best Of, NOT Greatest Hits. I dont consider songs like The First Time or even Gone as well known songs by the casual fans. So I dont buy the argument that because its on Best Of, its a greatest hits tour. Under your criteria name a tour that hasnt been a greatest hits tour then? If its a recent popular song, off the new album the tour is for, or a song off one of their bigger albums it qualifies as Greatest Hits? I dont think there is a tour they have done that wouldnt fit that criteria. So I guess they are all greatest hits tours. :shrug:

Also, you base your conclusion on the END of the tour. Shouldnt judging if a tour is considered a Greatest Hits tour be based on the tour as a whole?

Last edited:
I totally agree that every tour has so far been a greatest hits tour, it's what they do, I know (from reading this forum) that Axver loves the Lovetown tour, that was practically a greatest hits of the 80s tour.

^ Yes but they varied the sets and songs a lot

plus, it's been 16 years since Lovetown, U2 has definitely gotten more songs to play live now since then:huh:

Back
Top Bottom