Now that "Bad" has returned is it possible...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In north america I'm hoping they play:
1)Seconds (too bad with his campaign for Africa he can't make a big fat dedication to George W. Bush like he used to do to Reagan. That wouldn't help his cause of getting GW to throw money in. Bono's a good man and I'm sure he wouldn't want to hurt the millions of people in Africa just for an appropriate dedication.)

2)A sort of Homecoming

I think it'd be really cool if each leg they made significant (not total) changes to the set. In North America, there is an emphasis on Boy, JT and Achtung. I think it'd be cool in Europe if they kept some, but changed others. Maybe a little more emphasis on UF, Zooropa and Pop. Then, back for leg 3 in NA, it'd be cool to again substitute in a little R&H and back to some other JT and UF specials!

This is given the different tastes btw fans in NA and Europe and it'd still allow the band to play a lot of stuff.

Jon

Last edited:
Harry Vest said:
that we'll see the return of...
The Unforgettable Fire
Exit
Gone
any other hopes out there?????

UF is the number song song I want to hear. I can deal without gone but exit would be a great treat.

Anyhow lets hope so...time will tell!

Still hoping for:
Until The End Of The World
Unforgetable Fire
Exit
All I Want Is You

And others :)

I think with UTEOTW (maybe with other songs too), maybe they wanted to give it a rest for a while, so we might see it toward the end of the first leg, or hopefully by the time they hit europe.

I'm still holding out for:

Gone
Until the End of the World
Ultraviolet
Crumbs From Your Table
Acrobat (hey I can dream, right?)

Until The End Of The World
Crumbs From Your Table
Ultraviolet

Oh yeah, these are very likely.
There will be no Exit though. :(

I'm surprised we haven't heard Crumbs yet. The band must be having trouble transitioning it live, cause I think it's one of the better songs on the album. It certainly fits with the Africa theme of the tour.

I'd really like to hear Crumbs, and it does not seem far-fetched to expect its inclusion at some point. I am not holding out hope for anything older being added with the exception of Until the End of the World, just cannot believe that it will not appear at some point.

That being said, if ever A Sort of Homecoming or The Unforgettable Fire got played, it is hard to imagine myself not passing out.

I think that The Unforgettable Fire is very possible in this stage...
Remember when Bono said that his dad liked that song?

bono_man2002 said:

:lmao:

Still Havent Found -> Jesus Christ -> Yahweh -> '40' :hmm:
:yuck:

The Unforgettable Fire is one of their best album songs but it kinda loses it's power live

Nisse said:
:yuck:

The Unforgettable Fire is one of their best album songs but it kinda loses it's power live

I agree, it's not just the same LIVE. But, that's when listening to it on CD or on your Ipod or whatnot.

Hearing it LIVE, in person, is a different and better experience, at least for me. I was lucky enough to hear it once, would be incredibly and pleasantly surprised to get a 2nd listen.

Given that U2 is touring the US, they might be afraid of offending people with crumbs. I hope not, though.

Jon

Unforgettable Fire and 11 O'clock Tick Tock in Chicago

UTEOTW and Gone (probably in Europe).

Hoping for Electrical Storm, Ultraviolet, and Out of Control sometime on this tour.

Back
Top Bottom