Non-rockin' encore due to Larry's fatigue?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
I was reading the latest off the record article on @U2.com and the author was commenting about Larry's arm being taped up pretty well now during each show.

The suggestion that the Achtung Baby / Discotheque / etc encore has been scrapped is that currently with First Time and Stuck Larry has a lot easier time and doesn't need to drum as much.

Thoughts?

:yikes: Not this topic again. There was a rather heated discussion in another thread about this already.

I personally dont think it has anything to do with the encores as I indicated before. Some disagree. I will say @ U2 is a fan site and isnt anymore accurate than speculation on this site. Is it possible, sure. My theory would be that the show itself would be cut down, not the pacing of the songs if this were indeed the case. Even the slower paced songs Larry is playing the drums on most of them.

Someone should ask the band and see what they say.

Blue Room said:
:yikes: Not this topic again. There was a rather heated discussion in another thread about this already.

I personally dont think it has anything to do with the encores as I indicated before. Some disagree. I will say @ U2 is a fan site and isnt anymore accurate than speculation on this site. Is it possible, sure. My theory would be that the show itself would be cut down, not the pacing of the songs if this were indeed the case. Even the slower paced songs Larry is playing the drums on most of them.

Someone should ask the band and see what they say.

hey, wow, see isnt that better than laughing at someone for suggesting the idea, calling it a conspiracy theory, then following your opinion with "that is the reason"? i'm proud of ya blue room.

in my opinion, i think it could have something to do with it, since a zoo station or dsicotheque/the fly encore could be a lot more tiring for a drummer than a the first time/stuck encore which only uses drums for about one line in the two songs combined.

^ I'm gonna have to second what Chizip just said, Blue Room (not a surprise, I know). Seems like you didn't tell me the truth when you said that you weren't gonna change, and that's good, in fact, it's great :up: This post is, well, normal, it's actually good, it doesn't mock anyone, it doesn't put yourself in a superior position. Keep up the good work, and I think we might actually get along from now on :up:

Back
Top Bottom