No one agrees with anyone else on this forum, expect for one thing...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DPrinceNY

War Child
Where the streets have no name MUST be played on every single tour until U2 decide to retire as a band. I dont think anyone in their right mind can disagree with this...

I don't agree.

No song should have a permanent, assurred place.

Chizip said:
i used to think that before this tour

now, i dont know

^ I agree. I dont mind if its played, but the band were seriously going to drop it for this tour during pre rehearsals. So it could happen. :shrug:

Streets is a pivital point of every live show, it has to stay.

Although the transition isn't quite up to par on this tour. I don't think Pride is a good song to go into Streets with. I miss the older transitions. I'd really like to hear Running To Standstill/Streets like on the Zooropa tour. Because I was like 5 or 6, so I wasn't old enough anyways. :lol:

Chizip said:
i used to think that before this tour

now, i dont know

Couldn't agree more -- the first time i saw this shortened intro, non-red, "gentler" streets, I realized maybe it's time for it to go. . . I never would have thought that after personally witnessing the Slane gig - the All I want -> Streets, or Bad -> Streets, or hell, even Please -> Streets of PopMart was a 1000x better.

I disagree. I think the 3rd leg versions of Streets are brilliant. Anyone noticed the bassline Adam plays at the end? :drool:
The transition from Pride still sucks big time, though.

I'm sure if I had seen AIWIY --> Streets, Please --> Streets, and Bad --> Streets I would be in the same boat as you guys

but it is the highlight for most concert n00bs, myself included

djerdap said:

The transition from Pride still sucks big time, though.

I agree.

But Streets can only stay if they 'fix' a proper segue to it and bring back the blinding lights that they used when they song went through it's opening chords. I miss being blinded by the lights - they gave the intro an added UMPH factor!

GG_The_Fly said:

Couldn't agree more -- the first time i saw this shortened intro, non-red, "gentler" streets, I realized maybe it's time for it to go. . . I never would have thought that after personally witnessing the Slane gig - the All I want -> Streets, or Bad -> Streets, or hell, even Please -> Streets of PopMart was a 1000x better.

I agree! AIWIY to Streets was absolutely brilliant.

I fully disagree.

I would not mind seeing Streets go tomorrow.

Just too damn expected, and even worse too damn stale.

i cant stand the song, myself. but ive avoided it since '97 so it's no big deal. my neurologist reckons i'll be right as rain by '06, though!

:happy:

I don't know. From the bootlegs it does sound a bit stale. Live however I still see the entire floor of stadiums go mad as a hat so it still works. But Bono's African chants have got to go, they totally ruin the intro for me.

I normally love Streets, but I don't like what they've done to it on the Vertigo tour at all. As you'll know, the Streets intros of the past have all had the awesome segue from the previous song into The Edge's guitar, the red screen, followed by the sudden explosion of light. All of that equates into excitement that goes clear off the Richter scale. Vertigo Streets has had none of that. (Okay, about the bright lights - they come, but the timing is shit.) And yes, it still gets a huge reception...however, from what I've seen in person and on fan shot DVDs, the pure joy in the crowd is nothing like it used to be.

I like the idea of U2 trying something different with an old song...only, it just hasn't worked quite as aesthetically well as it used to. Some of the reworkings have been fantastic - The Fly and Discotheque, namely - but this one (at least the intro) just flops for me.

But I'd still see One dropped over Streets, regardless of how much U2 screw with Streets' intro.

i dont think the performances are stale at all, I just feel the presentation of it on this tour is off.

Bring back the old school, get rid of the African flags. It will rock on the next tour. it still did on this one...

It's the worst version of streets ever on this tour. The best moment is near the end when finally the lights go on full! Sometimes this band makes strange decisions. I'm afraid that bono's politics have ruined this song. Bad fell last tour to politics and has gradually become a parody of itself.

I hope they can rescue streets...

Maybe they should drop it for a couple of shows and hear what fans have to say. I would like to hear them play 11Oclock,Another time another place to hear the Edge rock out:rockon:

Back
Top Bottom