No desire for Desire?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BANZAI

War Child
Not that I'm a really big fan of the song Desire, but I've always liked it in some way (especially the Zoo TV version)...

That's why I want to know why NOBODY ever talks about how he/she misses this song on the Vertigo Tour (original, acoustic or snippet version).

Basically on Popmart and Elevation they took one of their better attempts at doing straight-up rock and roll, and turned it into one of their better attempts at giving the audience a chance to take a piss.

And Macphisto doing Desire was just...bad.

So lest they do that again, I'd rather see them leave it out and put something better in it's place. If it were to come back Lovetown-style, I could totally see it taking Elevation's spot though.

Desire should have made a full electric turn on the Vertigo, it was played on Top Of The Pops back in 2004.

It along with others should have been played.

The last time they played a decent version of Desire was in Lovetown Tour :ohmy: so it´s ok if they won´t play that song for the 4th leg, they should go with Discotheque, Mofo, Acrobat, Dirty Day and One Tree Hill instead :drool:

The best Desire was on the Lovetown Tour, but most of all on Zoo Tv, Popmart and Elevation put this song under the ground. The only way I want to hear it again is with a full band rock performance

theu2fly said:
Desire should have made a full electric turn on the Vertigo, it was played on Top Of The Pops back in 2004.

And it sounded great, prehaps the band just can't place it in the setlist for this tour.

bono_man2002 said:

And it sounded great, prehaps the band just can't place it in the setlist for this tour.

That's what I thought too

They're more concerned with thematic content and spot on the setlist than if it sounds really great

and I like that to an extent, but some people just want to hear the songs ya know?

I loved ZooTV version. Mirrorball Man, U2 dollars shooting out of cannons

I have a vision

I have a vision

Television

Back
Top Bottom