Never thought I'd say it...'Streets' has lost it's energy.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: No way ´Streets´ has lost its energy

sleus said:
I went to the Gelsenkirchen show yesterday.

It´s not the red lights that do the trick.
It´s the crowd together with the band that cause the energy high peak of the show.

Agreed, 100%. The insufferable whining :sad: on this board is getting to be too much. The hardcore U2 fans, the ones who have been there since the early 80's, tend to just simply enjoy the show. Going to a U2 show is not about bitching, its about rejoicing, singing and dancing.

Me three! You're totally right.
I went to Brussels with an open mind and a happy heart (call me sappy!) and I just soaked it all up.
Streets was the highlight for me, it lifted the "room, so to speak. My brother, who came with me and knows U2 rather superficially, was totally blown away. He's a musician himself, hence rather critical, but he felt this song down to his toes.

Definately still a strong song, to say the least, and the african back drop was gorgeous, imo.

Zoocoustic said:
But this tour...Streets has officially lost it's energy, it's power, it's punch, if you will. It's too much of a campaign for the Africa thing (which I understand is a noble cause, don't misunderstand), but that takes away from the power of this song which to me, has always been only about the music and energy of U2.

Sorry you had a bad experience. At ALL three shows I went to, especially Boston May 26th, "Streets" was one of the highlights. In fact, for that Boston show, the crowd and energy were so high, I've never heard an arena so loud! It was incredible.

So while "Streets" may have been lackluster for you, it wasn't for me.

It's times like these where I wonder if it's U2's fault or the writer's fault. That is, perhaps YOU were the one with some sort of issue preventing you from fully enjoying the song or the concert.

Zoocoustic wrote
But this tour...Streets has officially lost it's energy, it's power, it's punch, if you will. It's too much of a campaign for the Africa thing (which I understand is a noble cause, don't misunderstand), but that takes away from the power of this song which to me, has always been only about the music and energy of U2.

I don't know if the Africa tie-in was the reason or not, but when I saw Streets at Seattle 2 it felt so flat. I never wanted to say this about what had been - to that point - my favorite live U2 song, but it is unfortunately exactly how I felt. [/B]

I disagree... the Dublin 2 gig that I was at was alive at that point in the proceedings. Totally energised by the song!

Back
Top Bottom