More new song rumours...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
From atu2.com:

Word on the street is that U2 has been rehearsing a couple new songs recently for possible addition to the setlist: "Mofo" and "The Wanderer." The latter has never been played live, and it seems possible that U2's contribution -- which will be pre-taped -- to the upcoming Johnny Cash TV special, I Walk the Line, may be tied into this rehearsal news. "Mofo" hasn't been performed since the PopMart Tour. (Thx Perra)

:shocked: The Wanderer?!?

Last edited:
U2girl said:
From atu2.com:

Word on the street is that U2 has been rehearsing a couple new songs recently for possible addition to the setlist: "Mofo" and "The Wanderer." The latter has never been played live, and it seems possible that U2's contribution -- which will be pre-taped -- to the upcoming Johnny Cash TV special, I Walk the Line, may be tied into this rehearsal news. "Mofo" hasn't been performed since the PopMart Tour. (Thx Perra)

:shocked: The wanderer?!?
:ohmy: WOW, i am still sure mofo will make a return, maybe they are just trying to get it to sound right ala crumbs, and maybe that will be the next time discotheque appears,

If they do it, I am really curious to hear Bono's vocal take on it now.

I read somewhere - was that from Flanagan's book? - that Bono did a dead on Johnny Cash imitation when they first made The Wanderer.

The Wanderer may be rehearsed in the same way that they did the Cohen song back in MAY at rehearsals.

There's a Cash TV special on the 14th(?) of this month.

IIRC, the special has already been shot.

u2fp

Mofo :rockon::rockon::rockon:
Do the pop muzik/Mofo/Discotheque encore and everybody will be happy! It has potential even to beat the zoo tv encore, which was the greatest thing on current tour.

The Wanderer with Bono vocals must be :drool:

Zooropean103 said:
Mofo :rockon::rockon::rockon:
Do the pop muzik/Mofo/Discotheque encore and everybody will be happy! It has potential even to beat the zoo tv encore, which was the greatest thing on current tour.

Definately :rockon::rockon::rockon:

MOFO!!!!! Wish I could see it live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hyper:

MOFO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,hello...I went to last nights show...I was in the front row upper section 301...and during the sound check by the techs right beore the boys took the stage, I swear I heard the drum tech-guy playing MOFO...I couldn't believe it...I tought for sure the were gonna play it....oh well. I'll wait for tonight I'll be there again....MOFO rocks.....looking for the face I had before the world was made......

Like I said in the other thread. I'm skeptical on Mofo until they actually play it at a show.

The Wanderer really isnt a huge surprise with the Cash special coming up. I guess the question is will they play it at a show or just video tape it for a special.

Blue Room said:
Like I said in the other thread. I'm skeptical on Mofo until they actually play it at a show.

The Wanderer really isnt a huge surprise with the Cash special coming up. I guess the question is will they play it at a show or just video tape it for a special.

once is really all it needs, because if it becomes a regular, people will bitch about it

i was at the boston shows in october, and during one of them they taped ABOY for some awards show in france...this leads me to believe the wanderer will probably show up in concert and be taped for the johnny cash tribute...which is sooo :drool:

Re: MOFO

Solo_8 said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,hello...I went to last nights show...I was in the front row upper section 301...and during the sound check by the techs right beore the boys took the stage, I swear I heard the drum tech-guy playing MOFO...I couldn't believe it...I tought for sure the were gonna play it....oh well. I'll wait for tonight I'll be there again....MOFO rocks.....looking for the face I had before the world was made......

It's quite possible. The Pop Graphics used on the main screen were spotted on the techs computer screens before they were actually performed.

Alternatively though, have you ever heard an Earpiece bootleg? because the timing beat that's played through the band's earpieces to keep them in time, often sounds like the drum sample used at the start of mofo.

U2log.com:

U2 performed “The Wanderer” four times during today’s (Nov. 2) soundcheck at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Band crew told fans, who could hear the performances outside the arena, that the band were taping the song’s performance. Stay tuned to see if tonight’s audience will get to hear a performance of the song inside the arena.

:hmm:

I was lucky enough to hear Discotheque in Chicago!!!
Now if I could only hear MOFO, I would die a happy woman!!!

Yeah, I would have dug some more "Electronica" sound from the guys on 11/2/05 in LA (Man I was hoping for more POP music!!!!!!!!!!!) MOFO and DISCOTHEQUE would have been Nirvana! :)

I do think that they are MAYBE going to possibly go back a little to some of their ZOO/POP grooves in the near future! I for one will be one happy Pop-Martian!

zoostyle, check out tonight's setlist. the 90's never happened, and u2 asks you politely, but sternly to never remind them of the decade again.

Zoomerang96 said:
zoostyle, check out tonight's setlist. the 90's never happened, and u2 asks you politely, but sternly to never remind them of the decade again.

Yeah, doesn't it suck that U2 are playing Miss Sarajevo, a song only played twice before this tour, and Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, a song that hadn't been done for 12.5 years?

so that makes two fucking songs from 10 years, and three with 'one'.

they had 4 albums to choose from.

that's not a point in your favour, axver.

and who's gonna ride your wild horses hardly counts when it's butchered acousticly. when's the last time they played this thing full-band? have they at all this leg?

mrs. sara7evo is cool no matter what.

and the first time is alright, but i suppose the fact that it took out zoo station is what really irks me. that to me makes no sense at all.

Zoomerang96 said:
so that makes two fucking songs from 10 years, and three with 'one'.

they had 4 albums to choose from.

that's not a point in your favour, axver.

and who's gonna ride your wild horses hardly counts when it's butchered acousticly. when's the last time they played this thing full-band? have they at all this leg?

mrs. sara7evo is cool no matter what.

and the first time is alright, but i suppose the fact that it took out zoo station is what really irks me. that to me makes no sense at all.

While you've a point about U2 abandoning the nineties albums over the last month or so, they've managed to pretty decently represent the era over the whole tour (half of Achtung has been played!), and this doesn't even begin to how they totally abandoned the eighties albums through the nineties.

WGRYWH was last done electrically on 2005-07-16 in Amsterdam.

On the third leg, U2 have managed to play at least one song from each nineties album along with a song from a side project. In comparison, it took over two legs of ZooTV for U2 to acknowledge they even made anything before The Unforgettable Fire.

The only album I'd agree is less played (I'm guessing due to bringing back the oldies) from the 90's is Pop.

Otherwise, Elevation and Vertigo played more AB songs than Popmart, same goes for Zooropa, and Miss Sarajevo.

The current set has 4 90's songs in rotation - Miss Sarajevo, One, Who's gonna ride.. and First time.
Just like first leg with the Zoo TV 3 song encore and One.

Acoustics? A matter of taste - for me, First time is beautiful, Stuck and Walk on are boring, I haven't yet heard Who's gonna ride your wild horses - with Adam and Larry joining in, it has to be better than the very weak Zoo TV acoustic version.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom