MERGED--> Vancouver rehearsals : spoilers + Spoiler Alert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bring on the spoilers!!
this is great, and I thought I couldnt get more excited after reading about the stage design rumors.

The Fly rehearsed for two hours? Running to stand still?
WHHOOOO :drool:

I'm hoping this concert doesnt become a re-cap of the greatest hits...love 3 or 4 old tunes (my choice...fly...ultaviolet....gone...lemon or velvet dress).

Instead i want the boyz to show us what they can do with the NEW tunes:

mercy - play this instead of an old on PLEASE!
love peace...etc. - this will GO OFF live!

I want new FRESH stuff.

Spoiler!!

From atu2blog

SPOILER Alert #2 - Wednesday night rehearsals
Our "fan on the street" in Vancouver was lucky enough to hear a few songs tonight from outside of GM Place in Vancouver. Stop reading here if you don't want to know what U2 was playing, and in what order....

Okay....

- I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
- With or Without You
- Bullet the Blue Sky
- Running to Stand Still
- Yahweh

Looks like the first side of Joshua Tree in order -- that is, if "Streets" was played before our spy arrived. (Thx JA)

More as we hear it....

This is just in case nobody has posted anything regarding rehearsal songs yet.
Tonight my friends and I were lucky enough to hear some great music coming from the inside of GM Place. We gathered outside of the arena between the hours of 6pm and 11:30pm tonight and this is what we heard. In no particular order.

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Stuck In A Moment
Love And Peace Or Else
Out Of Control
City Of Blinding Lights
All Because Of You
Yahweh
Bad
Beautiful Day
Pride
Where The Streets Have No Name
Walk On
Elevation
One
I Still Haven't Found
Vertigo
Miracle Drug
Bullet The Blue Sky
With Or Without You
Running To Stand Still

there was a rumor that they would rehearse roughly 35 songs, with 21-23 being incorporated into the nightly set.

So, JOFO, perhaps Stuck /Elevation won't be played at your show.

Probably mine though:sad:

JOFO said:

I'm with you :|

Hopefully tonight we'll get some rare stuff

What if U2 are doing what the Stones did and play like 4-5 tracks off a different album everynight? From that list it looks like there play the A-sides off of the JT and ATYCLB. On another posted listed it looked like they played 4 songs off of Boy.

Last edited:
Originally posted by webside Running to Stand Still. [/B]

My U2 fandom life will be complete.

:combust:

If this is true......

:combust:

I'm freaking out just imagining it......

no smilie big enough to express it... heh

Sounds like they are rehearsing a plethora of songs from every era. That says to me they really are going to try to mix up the setlist each night. :up:

((RTSS)) again.

Posted by U2girl in the General Tour Discussion

From a comment in Blog on atu2.com:

This is Andrea in Vancouver, and I managed to hear...

Hold onto your hats...

An Cat Dubh
The Ocean
Into the Heart

And a couple other Boy songs we couldn't manage to place.
But, the setlist was definitely all over the place.

And everything I heard, aside from Bono saving his voice as usual and not sounding 100%, sounded fan-fecking-tastic.

And of everything played, they seemed to start with Love and Peace, a great opener IMO.

Hopefully, more tomorrow with my fabulous 10 minutes per dollar internet connection.

zoopop said:

An Cat Dubh
The Ocean
Into the Heart

thats awesome. If I can hear Edge's guitar work at the end of "An Cat dubh" live one time in my life, it would be amazing.

As for the songs MaxP posted, that seems like a whole list of songs I would expect u2 to come out with. Basic hits and some new songs.

Althought I do like RTSS in there. Been hearing this song a lot in the rumours, look like it may actually make it to concert nights :wink:

Last edited:
mercy - play this instead of an old on PLEASE!

Yeah, because U2 has such a history of playing unfinished 6 and a half minute songs that have never been released that are probably being saved for another album.

Right.

cmb737 said:

Yeah, because U2 has such a history of playing unfinished 6 and a half minute songs that have never been released that are probably being saved for another album.

Right.

i second that. theres a reason "mercy" wasnt on a b-side on VERTIGO or SOMETIMES, and also not included on the i-tunes collection. They know its strong enough for the next album, and thats when we'll see it.

For those who want to see it live, they will get their wish. But on the next tour :wink:

zoopop said:
Posted by U2girl in the General Tour Discussion

From a comment in Blog on atu2.com:

This is Andrea in Vancouver, and I managed to hear...

Hold onto your hats...

An Cat Dubh
The Ocean
Into the Heart

And a couple other Boy songs we couldn't manage to place.
But, the setlist was definitely all over the place.

If they play Into The Heart, I can die a happy woman.

FFS, people, the previous album is ATYCLB. If you really expected the band to just totally ignore it, you're ignoring U2's whole touring history. Even my prediction of just Beautiful Day, Kite, and acoustic Stuck was pushing it, though despite these Walk On and Elevation rumours, I am still only expecting 2-3 ATYCLB songs if the setlists are not varied. If they have more variable setlists, then I could see Elevation and Walk On coming in at the expense of, say, ABOY and Crumbs. You also have to remember those songs were, respectively, a popular opener and closer. People LIKE them, even if this forum likes to shit all over ATYCLB.

I just got back from GM Place (Hi Andrea! Hi Isabelle! Great meeting you guys!). I couldn't make out too much but when we were smooshing our ears against the panes, we could make our Bullet, and earlier, Andrea heard the opening of Zoo Station. Also, someone else we met up with outside said he heard Stories for Boys combined with Vertigo, so it sounds like it may turn out to be a medley.

melsbud said:
I just got back from GM Place (Hi Andrea! Hi Isabelle! Great meeting you guys!). I couldn't make out too much but when we were smooshing our ears against the panes, we could make our Bullet, and earlier, Andrea heard the opening of Zoo Station. Also, someone else we met up with outside said he heard Stories for Boys combined with Vertigo, so it sounds like it may turn out to be a medley.

Zoo Station, Stories For Boys...? Wow. You know, maybe they're playing some of these just to mess with the fans listening outside. ;) J/k

Very interesting, though! :yes:

really if they play beautiful day and kite from atyclb, they'll have done as much as i'd want from that album. elevation? gross.

hopefully they'll just play a lot of different songs from night to night (like pearl jam, radiohead, rem, etc.). should make for some incredible bootlegs.

I'm officially confused with all these rumors; so far we have Boy, UF, JT, AB, Zooropa (Lemon), ATYCLB songs mentioned and the whole of HTDAAB was rehearsed.

Should be an interesting first night...

U2girl said:
I'm officially confused with all these rumors; so far we have Boy, UF, JT, AB, Zooropa (Lemon), ATYCLB songs mentioned and the whole of HTDAAB was rehearsed.

Should be an interesting first night...

You're not the only confused one. I feel some of these rumours are not accurate, but it's hard to determine which are fraudulent and which are truthful.

Forgot to add Gloria and Staring at the sun from the Mexico rumors.
I'm beginning to think the setlist will vary quite a bit this time around.

:hmm:
Were any War and Rattle and Hum songs rehearsed so far? I know Desire was played on the BBC (a cool version, too) , but apart from that?

U2girl said:
Forgot to add Gloria and Staring at the sun from the Mexico rumors.
I'm beginning to think the setlist will vary quite a bit this time around.

:hmm:
Were any War and Rattle and Hum songs rehearsed so far? I know Desire was played on the BBC (a cool version, too) , but apart from that?

Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Year's Day, 40, and Angel Of Harlem have all been said to be rehearsed. I THINK All I Want Is You was rumoured too. Then some have taken Willie's comments on U2.com about "something bluesy" to mean When Love Comes To Town, though I have interpreted that to mean LAPOE.

And when it comes to Desire, I doubt they even need to rehearse that. The beauty of that song is what we saw on the BBC, how they can just pull it out and play a very good version without rehearsal.

Either the setlists are going to rival Lovetown with their variance or U2 are trying a lot to see what makes the cut or people reporting on the rehearsals are full of shit. Time will tell.

Yes, something bluesy bit is intriguing...perhaps a cover song? I would guess Love and peace was under "something new" and When love comes to town under "something old" bit of Willie interview.

Ahh yes, I forgot 40. So War has been rehearsed too.

Last edited:
Well, Willie said "something borrowed", which would be a cover - Beat On The Brat in my opinion. So the song/s referred to with "something bluesy" could fall under any of the other three: "something old" (WLCTT?), "something new" (LAPOE?), or "something borrowed".

The rumours have now successfully included songs from every single U2 album. I do wonder what is REALLY going on here.

Everything you know is wrong? :D

Of course, rehearsing doesn't mean all the songs will be played, but wow - if even 75% is true, the setlists could be spectacular on this tour.

A varied set list would be amazing. As long as I can get all the bootlegs. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom