MERGED--> the true upcoming setlist + update on true setlist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wham!

The Wham thing was a joke, but they're probably going to be playing "We Built this city on rock n' roll" by Jefferson Starship at some point on the tour.

I'm pretty sure Paul McGuiness (or someone else close to the band) has already stated in an interview that WOWY will mege into One.. also Zoo Station sounds like its likely to kick off the second half of the show... and I'd think there'd be a bit more 80's stuff (specifically Gloria & Exit)... i'm betting they will probably have a heavy rotation of songs though..

bcrt2000 said:
I'm pretty sure Paul McGuiness (or someone else close to the band) has already stated in an interview that WOWY will mege into One.. also Zoo Station sounds like its likely to kick off the second half of the show... and I'd think there'd be a bit more 80's stuff (specifically Gloria & Exit)... i'm betting they will probably have a heavy rotation of songs though..

Actually, there was a radio station in Spain (?) that said they had interviewed Paul McGuinness and according to him, With Or Without You --> Streets was going to be the highlight of the show.

Re: Wham!

bigloader said:
The Wham thing was a joke, but they're probably going to be playing "We Built this city on rock n' roll" by Jefferson Starship at some point on the tour.

:lmao:

You have no credibility. Especially because you posted the Wham thing as a serious definite. Then you began changing your story and now it's a joke? You're a liar.

Re: rehearsals

bigloader said:
The rehearsals are to cover material that they will be interchanging throughout the entire first leg and essentially the whole tour. This thread is about opening night and this is the setlist. That's all I have to say.

:hmm: not trying to doubt you because you just never know. BUT if this statement is true, why did they work on Vertigo, Sometimes You Cant Make It, Miracle Drug, Streets, One, etc.... just about every night they were in Vancouver? All of those are obviously going to be played every night and wont be interchangeable songs? Also in past production rehearsals U2 works on rough setlists and tweaks them as they go in rehearsals, so in the past they havent worked the way you are indicating. Is it possible they are doing it differently this time? Sure, but they are creatures of habit typically.

I'm not sure why you are getting offended either. Obviously someone coming onto a message board claiming to know the setlist a month or even a week prior to the first show is going to be greeted with skepticism. Also the crew is extremely busy right now, so what crew member would have the time or even care to post here? Maybe its you, but like you said we dont know who you are, its just as likely you are full of shit. So if you are legit how can you not expect to be greeted with skepticism? Also, if you are crew, explain the stage set up exactly. We all know its an oval ramp similiar to Elevation. But please explain the lighting and video arrangements. Also, what are U2 planning to do for the intro to the show?

What I have heard is the band is still working on the setlistS and nothing is definate yet. They have some structure to most of them but this isnt one I have seen and this one doesnt seem to really flow very well. I guess I'm willing to wager with you though about your setlist, what do you want to bet?

Last edited:
broken toy said:
Hm.

I rather hope this is a load of BS.

Didn't another poster claiming inside info say that Crumbs would be near the end?

If true, the pacing seems mighty funky. I wonder if the encore break would be before Streets, after Streets, or after Walk On. No Love & Peace? No Kite? Yet more Bullet? No Exit, Wire, Unforgettable Fire, I Will Follow, Out of Control, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock? No Pride? No Zooropa?

I do rather hope this is BS.

I'm not defending this guys setlist at all..but...WIRE? They havent played that since 1985. And yet, time after time I see people on here saying something like, "What??!! NO Indian Summer Sky or Tommorrow??? What the hell is wrong with U2?!!?" Zooropa???? They've played it twice...EVER. I just dont see what people think theyre going to play these songs...might as well dream about Acrobat while your at it.

PhoenixGNX said:
I'm not defending this guys setlist at all..but...WIRE? They havent played that since 1985. And yet, time after time I see people on here saying something like, "What??!! NO Indian Summer Sky or Tommorrow??? What the hell is wrong with U2?!!?" Zooropa???? They've played it twice...EVER. I just dont see what people think theyre going to play these songs...might as well dream about Acrobat while your at it.

Phoenix, you're taking my post WAY out of context. Back when that was posted, all the songs I mentioned were ones that had recently been rumored to have been rehearsed.

That was way before the recent slew of other supposedly rehearsed rarities.

So while I get what you're saying, with people constantly pining for Acrobat or Heartland or whatever, I'd appreciate not being used as an example. My post had a specific context, and I for one (while hopeful) am pretty conservative about what I trully expect: the bulk of the new album, with the usual "greatest hits" sprinkled in, with maybe one or two new arrangements for older songs.

I would be delighted with, but don't expect or demand, exotic material.

I can't wait to hear Running to stand Still acoustic. It's gonna be amazing. Think that COBL into WOWY into WTSHNM is gonna be awesome. Probably the highlight of the show.

bigloader said:
I can't wait to hear Running to stand Still acoustic. It's gonna be amazing. Think that COBL into WOWY into WTSHNM is gonna be awesome. Probably the highlight of the show.

That's totally different from your setlist, which doesnt even have with or without you on it? Are you changing it again, or just saying that opening night will be different the every other show? Either way, I think your probly full of it.

broken toy said:

Phoenix, you're taking my post WAY out of context. Back when that was posted, all the songs I mentioned were ones that had recently been rumored to have been rehearsed.

That was way before the recent slew of other supposedly rehearsed rarities.

So while I get what you're saying, with people constantly pining for Acrobat or Heartland or whatever, I'd appreciate not being used as an example. My post had a specific context, and I for one (while hopeful) am pretty conservative about what I trully expect: the bulk of the new album, with the usual "greatest hits" sprinkled in, with maybe one or two new arrangements for older songs.

I would be delighted with, but don't expect or demand, exotic material.

Point taken. I just get angry with some of these fans who crucify the band for not playing particular songs. I cant stand hearing, "Thats the setlist? Psht, what a fucking waste of money!". I feel like handing them a nice big glass of shut the F up.

OMG! This is the funniest thread ever........I admit, it's annoying when people try to pass off fake setlists as realities, but the hostile reactions are priceless. :wink:

Well, you guessed 50% of the setlist...
Congradulations

Looks like I got here a bit late to know what the craic is but I might aswell stay now I'm here:wink:

Re: phallics

bigloader said:
don't criticize me anymore, please. I'll be laughing when I revisit these posts next week and everyone is kissing my bum.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

oh, reading this thread after the fact was bloody entertaining

bigloader said:
I told you this would be the opening night setlist. Who's laughing now? Me.

:scratch: at yourself?? :lol:

You didnt even have them opening with City Of Blinding Lights!! If you were on the "crew" you would have known they have been rehearsing that as the opener for quite some time. You also had songs they have not even rehearsed for weeks if at all! Other people who are not "supposed" crew were closer than you were! :lol: too funny.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom