MERGED--> the true upcoming setlist + update on true setlist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh you guy would love if the second album was passengers,lol. clipper. a hardcore fan would love that. but that wasn;t what i intended to be one of the albums. mabey a song from thier in loose songs at the end.

you guys will see.

When they come out on opening night and play the updated set list that I posted I'm gonna bust a gigantic, HOT load in my pants and laugh at all of the doubters.

Anyone willing to put money against the fact that my set list will be right? I need a tiny bit of leeway, because the band said they may still change one or two, but I know that what I posted is it. Disregard my opening setlist, there were a few mistakes, but check the updated one and learn.

Re: you guys will see.

bigloader said:
When they come out on opening night and play the updated set list that I posted I'm gonna bust a gigantic, HOT load in my pants and laugh at all of the doubters.

You are so pathetic and immature.

Come back once you've grown up.

Re: why?

bigloader said:
Why is there all of this apparent jealousy simply because I have a good, reliable connection? If anything, you guys should be ecstatic to be receiving this info from me. On a lighter side, I understand the jealously about my loadblowing prowress, but that's for another forumaltogether!

Your updated setlist looks boring enough to be a possibility. Atleast it looks just as boring as the Elevation tour setlist. But anybody could have made up this setlist because its a nice little safe bet. Your constant claims of having an inside " reliable connection " is bullshit.

About the quote.... you are such a L O S E R !!!!,, And trust me on this because i have a reliable source..

the only bands that don't play alot of new songs are bands like poison whos new albums don't sell and no one wants to hear em. thay play like 3 new songs at the most and even then its bathroom break.

Re: Re: Re: the true upcoming setlist

broken toy said:

I'm not sure where this notion comes from.

The tours before War were far less static in their closers/encores, but certainly Out of Control and 11 O'Clock Tick Tock>The Ocean saw heavy duty in the "final song" slot on both the Boy and October tours.

40 was the standard closer for the War, Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree and Lovetown tours. There were exceptions, but 40 was the rule.

Love Is Blindness or Love Is Blindness>Can't Help Falling In Love closed all of the Zoo TV and Zooropa shows. Between the final Zoo TV Outside Broadcast show on Nov. 25, 1992 and the first Zooropa show on May 9, 1993, more than five months passed, and the band added an album's worth of new material. So while the general show and setlist was very similar, I don't think you can call the 1992 and 1993 tours the same. And they certainly used the same closers for both.

One was the sole closer (with add-ons) for PopMart. And really, the lack of continuation of a closer from PopMart to Elevation is the ONLY time in U2's history that it hasn't used the same closer in more than one tour.

I would argue that Walk On is entirely possible as a closer (it was a very good one, too).

Looking at the tours where U2 always used the same closing songs - War, UF, JT, Lovetown, Zoo TV, Popmart and Elevation - they had 4 different closers.
40 is an exception to the rule - Love is blindness never made it onto next tours, One was played early on Zoo TV and was part of the encore on Elevation (not a designated closer like others), and Walk on was not even mentioned in rehearsals for this tour.

My guess would be Yahweh is closer on this tour.

Desert Dog said:
Here's what my sources are telling me - you can take it too the bank.

1) Vertigo
2) Everything She Wants
3) Faith
4) Edge of Heaven
5) Young Guns (go for it)
6) Freedom 90
7) Fastlove
8) Wham Rap

Acoustic Set
9) Careless Whisper
10) Different Corner
11) Where Did Your Heart Go?
12) Praying for Time

13) I Want Your Sex
14) Amazing
15) Father Figure
16) I'm Your Man
17) One More Try

Encores
18) Too Funky
19) Wake Me Up Before You Go Go
20) I Knew Your Were Waiting for Me
21) Yahweh

Seems the boys are so upset that George is quitting the music business, the Vertigo tour is going to be a tribute to him.

:lol:

Re: reply

bigloader said:
That's not to say that it may not be tweeked a bit; nothing is ever set in stone, but as I've said before, this is it for now. This is what we are planning on. Bet on it.

ok, my inside source just informed me about the new setlist and this is it:

1. Acrobat

thats it. im absolutely, positively, sure about this, id bet my first born son and swear on my grandmother's grave that this is true. buuuuuuuuuuut, it might change.

bigloader said:
Anyone willing to put money against the fact that my set list will be right? I need a tiny bit of leeway, because the band said they may still change one or two, but I know that what I posted is it. Disregard my opening setlist, there were a few mistakes, but check the updated one and learn.

you're pathetic dude, if you're willing to bet on it, be a man and take the risk, dont be a pussy and say you need leeway.

So I was thinking that the reason bigloader busts his "big loads" is because he obviously has lots saved up from an apparent lack of release.

Re: RE:

bigloader said:
It doesn't matter what any of you think. This is the likely setlist. You guys can analyze all you want, but as of right now this is what they are planning, plus of course, a few surprises that will be thrown in from show to show... I'm not at liberty to say anything about this, though. You can question my credibility all that you want, but it doesn't matter because none of you even know who I am. Plus, the loadblowing post was put up to add some humor to the forum... Lighten up. As far as the wham cover goes, wait until the tour, then try to criticize me. Bono is a very lighthearted guy and they are looking to add some unusual flare and fun to the tour.

Credibility is earned. Perhaps explain your relation to the band, your connection to the tour, etc. would make your life easier in this thread.

If someone had said 'U2 was going to do an ABBA cover' back in '87, people probably had the same reaction... so while I highly doubt your claim, I won't say it's impossible (but oh how I hope it is!)

bigloader said:
I am the champion, PERIOD. That's all that I need to say.

The champion at being WRONG. Look at the information coming out of Vancouver. Totally conflicts with what you said.

stiff english lumber

here it is again for those of you who haven't seen it.... The tour kicks off in a few days, doesn't anyone want to place a wager?????

Here's an update on the probable setlist that I just received. This is just what they are rehearsing for the opening three shows. It varies slightly from what I posted earlier, but they do have a number of songs that they will interchange. Here you go, speculate and analyze all you want, but this is it.

1. Vertigo
2.Beautiful Day
3. I will Follow
4. Sometimes you can't make it on your own
5. City of Blinding Lights
6. Bad
7. Running to Stand Still
8. Sunday Bloody Sunday
9.All I want is you
10. Miracle Drug

11. Desire
12. Stuck in a moment/wild horses acoustic
13. Electrical Storm
14. With or Without you

15. All because of you
16. Original of the Species
17. Where the Streets have no name
18. Walk on
19. Unforgettable Fire

20. Ultraviloet
21. Crumbs from your table
22. One
23. Yahweh

Re: stiff english lumber

bigloader said:
here it is again for those of you who haven't seen it.... The tour kicks off in a few days, doesn't anyone want to place a wager?????

Here's an update on the probable setlist that I just received. This is just what they are rehearsing for the opening three shows. It varies slightly from what I posted earlier, but they do have a number of songs that they will interchange. Here you go, speculate and analyze all you want, but this is it.

1. Vertigo
2.Beautiful Day
3. I will Follow
4. Sometimes you can't make it on your own
5. City of Blinding Lights
6. Bad
7. Running to Stand Still
8. Sunday Bloody Sunday
9.All I want is you
10. Miracle Drug

11. Desire
12. Stuck in a moment/wild horses acoustic
13. Electrical Storm
14. With or Without you

15. All because of you
16. Original of the Species
17. Where the Streets have no name
18. Walk on
19. Unforgettable Fire

20. Ultraviloet
21. Crumbs from your table
22. One
23. Yahweh

Besides the fact that's a shitty setlist with combinations U2 will never play (ABOY into OOTS? SBS between RTSS and AIWIY?), you just keep trying to change your story. Pathetic, really.

phallics

don't criticize me anymore, please. I'll be laughing when I revisit these posts next week and everyone is kissing my bum.

Re: phallics

bigloader said:
don't criticize me anymore, please. I'll be laughing when I revisit these posts next week and everyone is kissing my bum.

I'll criticise it as much as I want because even the Vancouver rehearsals indicate you're full of shit. I can't wait for the first night to prove you wrong.

rehearsals

The rehearsals are to cover material that they will be interchanging throughout the entire first leg and essentially the whole tour. This thread is about opening night and this is the setlist. That's all I have to say.

Where is Elevation/Zoo Station/The Fly?
Pride? UTEOTW? ISHFWILF?

Again, the flow of songs is absolutely strange.
If your tech, you must know where the video will go. Where will the video be inserted? Will they enter to a vertigo remix?

And why no Love and Peace? This is very unbelievable.

Let him be... I think that everyone is entitled to your own opinion.

We will see on Monday night. If bigloader is right, he will be reverenced. If he is wrong, he will be banned forever from this forum.

No big deal.

Back
Top Bottom