MERGED-->The Intro song, to the Anaheim show+Song before concert begins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nikko

Babyface
anyone know what the song they played before the concert was?

Has anyone definitively figured out what that song they played before the start of the LA dress rehearsal show was? Me likey...

Wow. VERY cool choice on the band's part. I've read a lot of stuff comparing that album (Funeral) as sounding like Unforgettable Fire era U2.

Now I'm looking forward to the show even more.

laz

but after listening to it again, how could anyone mistake that for U2, especially the vocal?

I was under the impression many thought it was an unreleased U2 song. That doesn't sound like something they would do, but...

I also thought Wake Up was a different song on the album...there are probably other songs that would be better intros, like Rebellion (Lies).

laz

Song before concert begins

I saw the band in Anaheim and in LA and as I expected, I was blown away. The concert is incredible and moving. I'd see them again if I could...

But I was curious if anyone knew what the name of the song was that played right before the guys took the stage. It definitely gets you ready and excited for U2 to take the stage!

It's 'Wake Up' From The Montreal (Quebec) Band Called : Arcade Fire

You're Right, it's the perfect song before the 'Everyone' INTRO!!!!

By the Way, Someone here's has all the name of the tracks before the concert????

the ones that i remembered :

Rebel Rebel - David Bowie
Obstacle 1 - Interpol
Mr. Brightside - The Killers
Wake Up - Arcade Fire

I also heard some Coldplay, Snow Patrol, Keane, but I don't remember which songs (Probably the pre-U2 Stress!!!!)

So, any complete Pre-Show Setlist???

Awesome! Thanks fredstab. I had downloaded Rebellion (lies) from Itunes, but now, I think I'm going to download their whole album.

Last night, after 40 ended, and the lights sadly came up, they started playing a cover of "It's the end of the world" that was really cool too. Wouldn't happen to know who sang that as well?

Don't know who sang it, but it was a slow, R&B style version -- really good -- that made me think before I finally figured out what the song was.

As I recall, "Clocks" by Coldplay was the last song before "Wake Up."

you're right...Clocks by Coldplay too!

List So Far :

Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes
Obstacle 1 - Interpol
Clocks - Coldplay
Wake Up - Arcade Fire

Other Known group that was played before : Snow Patrol, Keane, Franz Ferdinand (I think it was take me out).

Any confirmation, any songs???

The Intro song to the Anaheim show . . .

On the first night of the Anaheim show, there was a song played (labeled "Intro") before leading into LAPOE. Anyone know which song it is and who sings it. The anthemic scope of it, and the voice, kinda remind me of early 80's Geldoff . . .

Any help on this would be great. Thanks.

One more thing: I'm talking about the song on the PA before the fighter sounds and bass line come in . . . wasn't sure if I was clear about that . . .

Is this song played with the house lights down??? Also, I just love the feeling when U2 is just about to take stage. That feeling alone is worth the price of admission. Another thing, how long are the house lights down before U2 takes stage?

I was at both LA shows this week. Some more songs that were played:

Leaving New York - R.E.M.
Float On - Modest Mouse
Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand (not sure about this one, may not be remembering correctly)
This Is Radio Clash - The Clash
Rock n' Roll - Velvet Underground

Dang, seeing all these awesome songs that are played before U2 takes the stage is making me even more excited for the concert!

Nothing I dig more than listening to some great songs at reeeeeaaaaalllly high volume! :wink:

Pre-Show Setlist songs on PA so Far :

Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes
Obstacle 1 - Interpol
Clocks - Coldplay
Leaving New York - R.E.M.
Float On - Modest Mouse
Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand
This Is Radio Clash - The Clash
Rock 'n' Roll - Velvet Underground
Wake Up - Arcade Fire