MERGED->Official BRUSSELS got fucked thread+The most boring setlist so far

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nube Gris said:
what the fuck do you people want god dammit?
never satisfied, always critizing...

It's perfectly OK to have a discussion about setlists on a board like this.

I couldn't help laughing when I read the title of this thread, though

It was funny the first time the sentiment was used in a thread title. It's already old. Please don't make us sit through an entire tour leg's worth of "[Insert City Name Here] Got Fucked!"

corianderstem said:

It was funny the first time the sentiment was used in a thread title. It's already old. Please don't make us sit through an entire tour leg's worth of "[Insert City Name Here] Got Fucked!"

Yeah, but that was actually the funny part, since I thought - now we will see a thread like this about every town in Europe.

U2Man said:

It's perfectly OK to have a discussion about setlists on a board like this.

Agreed..so much hospitality because Gods gift to music is being attacked ..jesus people lighten up..critism keeps people sharp not blind following..I adore this band but hate their shitty tourattitude when it comes to setlists..they are the best liveband around no question but look at the setlists up till this point and look at what bandmembers said before the tour..

U2Man said:

Yeah, but that was actually the funny part, since I thought - now we will see a thread like this about every town in Europe.

no we won't..I realy think that Belgium got screwed though

bort269 said:

It's not that!
Shit... POPMART sold out all across Europe but was still called a failure!

U2 could sell out shows playing Passengers songs!

They want the title of GREATEST ROCK BAND ALIVE and in order to achieve that, you need articles around the world saying how much you kick ass!

Then you get all the buzz and hype and everyone's all "damn... I wish I had gotten U2 tickets... they are still kicking ass after 25 years!"

just my thoughts

they ARE the greatest rockband alive they don't need shitty setlists with no adventure to prove that

StlElevation said:

because hearing vertigo at the beginning and end rocks.

so does: out of control, i will follow, twilight, ultraviolet, 11 oclock, gloria etc etc...too many great songs to play something twice..just my opinion

ill get up on stage and play 'one tree hill' hows that sound?

no series i think they have to keep sum strucure it must be a nightmare for the lighting crew/sound techs ect when the set is changed alot...but! its much better then thats why im going to the 2 manchester shows i hope each night is different just a small change of set with different songs ill be happy ..im more interested in songs from 'Boy' and the new album im happy:)

BB Mac

BB Mac said:
ill get up on stage and play 'one tree hill' hows that sound?

no series i think they have to keep sum strucure it must be a nightmare for the lighting crew/sound techs ect when the set is changed alot...but! its much better then thats why im going to the 2 manchester shows i hope each night is different just a small change of set with different songs ill be happy ..im more interested in songs from 'Boy' and the new album im happy:)

BB Mac

it is a nightmare for the lightcrew if they would dramaticaly change it but some boysongs extra or something won't shake those guys up...it's not like they have to invent something on the spot just use simple "boylightning"and it will be just fine...it is all programmed song by song...

zwervers2 said:

it is a nightmare for the lightcrew if they would dramaticaly change it but some boysongs extra or something won't shake those guys up...it's not like they have to invent something on the spot just use simple "boylightning"and it will be just fine...it is all programmed song by song...

one tree hill sounds fine by the way:drool:

zwervers2 said:

Okay let's imagine for a second a world without internet and no promises of bandmembers that they were gonna change their shitty tour-attitude....... Then you You are 100% correct with this statement...there is no denying that..

Accusing them of having a "shitty tour attitude" is really low, especially considering what they've gone through to even do this tour.

Last edited:
kellyahern said:

Accusing them of having a "shitty tour attitude" is really low, especially considering what they've gone through to even do this tour.

Sorry Kelly,

I meant to say shitty setlist attitude..I copy pasted it incorrect..
no complaints about the tur..they have given me so much since 1987 I love them but I hate their (lets see if I can get it right his time shitty setlist attitude)

zwervers2 said:

Sorry Kelly,

I meant to say shitty setlist attitude..I copy pasted it incorrect..
no complaints about the tur..they have given me so much since 1987 I love them but I hate their (lets see if I can get it right his time shitty setlist attitude)

I will never complain about less time being spend on ne songs because someones daughter is ill...it's the vertigo twice and the skipping of the other boy/october song I realy don't like..

kellyahern said:

Really, this tour came really close to not happening. They didn't even have to tour. I'm glad I decided to leave work and missed most of the shit I've read since I got home.

I think I'll wait to hear the reviews from the people that actually went to the show.

zwervers2 said:

I will never complain about less time being spend on ne songs because someones daughter is ill...it's the vertigo twice and the skipping of the other boy/october song I realy don't like..

It's normal for them to play a relatively safe set but this is a little bit too safe...they can be sooooo good on some nights...the brussle people only had one show...We have three so we are lcuky in holland..:|

ramblin rose said:

Really, this tour came really close to not happening. They didn't even have to tour. I'm glad I decided to leave work and missed most of the shit I've read since I got home.

I think I'll wait to hear the reviews from the people that actually went to the show.

which shit are you referring to; ramblin rose?
it IS okay to debate about liking a setlist or not isn't it???

it would be a rather dull place if everyone agreed with eachother.Haven't seen too many "mean"post to be honest

Mirrorball Man said:
Aah, Zoo station. Wicked.

All you moaners - just dance. Life's too short.

I'm ready,ready for a setlist change
I'm ready for electrical storm
ready for crumbs, ready for wire
ready for the unforgettable fire
I'm ready, ready for a change

:wink:

You know, I post on comic book boards sometimes too. The most ridiculous thing that I see there is when posters on a comic book board accuse each other of being too into comic books.

Criticizing each other for being U2 fanatics on this board is just as crazy.

Yeah, we are not average fans here. We are allowed to be disapointed when U2 does something which fanatics would find disapointing because every single person here is a fanatic!!!

I am disapointed with this setlist.

zwervers2 said:

which shit are you referring to; ramblin rose?
it IS okay to debate about liking a setlist or not isn't it???

it would be a rather dull place if everyone agreed with eachother.Haven't seen too many "mean"post to be honest

It's fine to debate the setlist. But a lot of the comments on most of the Brussels threads are going a little overboard in my opinion.

The bottom line is these are the songs they decided to bring out for the Vertigo tour. The same as some other (and some of the same) songs they decided to bring out in Elevation, Pop, and so forth. If you (I mean that in general not you in particular) don't like them I guess it's time to wait for the next tour. Maybe you'll (in general) like the ones they choose then.

One thing is for sure, the setlist on paper is nothing like when you're at the show. I'm sure you're going to the Amsterdam shows, I'll be interested in your opinion of those. Or even how you felt at the show(s) you saw in the U.S.

I think its kind of pointless to read the same complaints after every show. But that's me, I usually stay out of those debates and just discuss the shows (pros & cons) of the shows I actually experienced. It was just a little overwhelming to find about 5 or 6 threads all complaining about the same things.

Go ahead, continue with your debate. Have fun.

Why are you all complaining about a show you weren't even at?? :scratch:

The only reason you think this setlist is "the worst ever" is because it's very similiar to what they've been doing - well duh! Honestly, I more than anyone would have LOVED to hear something from Pop, and I think more songs will surface as the tour continues... but for now just relax, as a stand-alone setlist this is great. Has U2 EVER been really dynamic with their setlists? NO! Well, save MAYBE the 80's, but even then not so much. Vertigo Tour has actually surprised me a lot, they've been switching out songs and switching positions often...

ramblin rose said:

It's fine to debate the setlist. But a lot of the comments on most of the Brussels threads are going a little overboard in my opinion.

The bottom line is these are the songs they decided to bring out for the Vertigo tour. The same as some other (and some of the same) songs they decided to bring out in Elevation, Pop, and so forth. If you (I mean that in general not you in particular) don't like them I guess it's time to wait for the next tour. Maybe you'll (in general) like the ones they choose then.

One thing is for sure, the setlist on paper is nothing like when you're at the show. I'm sure you're going to the Amsterdam shows, I'll be interested in your opinion of those. Or even how you felt at the show(s) you saw in the U.S.

I think its kind of pointless to read the same complaints after every show. But that's me, I usually stay out of those debates and just discuss the shows (pros & cons) of the shows I actually experienced. It was just a little overwhelming to find about 5 or 6 threads all complaining about the same things.

Go ahead, continue with your debate. Have fun.

Okay at least someone with maturity lol...

You're right about some complaints which are a little over the top to say the least. on the other hand. I miss the "daring"u2.
They do not have too much time left as a great liveband(do not want them to continue this in their 60's like the stones) this is an excellent tour to do rare oldies and when they started the tour and i heared the first bootlegs I thought wow: gloria, elec co, cat dubh etc... I posted a thread called the official I hate the internet thread yesterday. we know too much the surprise is gone and it is har dfor a band too surprise their audience when half the people know your set anyway...but that is why I feel they should shake up more...all the lights are programmed..dallas his guitarheaven downstairs is three presses away from a new song and they can do magic with the stuff they have written and I'm not talking about zooropa which was a shitty liveversion anyway..
I just do not see the point in repeating vertigo( a nice song, nothing more nothing less) when you have a cataloque the size our boys have...being a musician myself it is fun to play old tunes of 10 years old...i know for a fact that they freaked out when they rehearsed elec co for the first time and it turned out very good...they should try it if they fuck up who cares..at least they try...I love them Bono has been my inspiration since i was 15 (turning 31 in 3 weeks :| ) but they can do better and they do not have that mcuh time left...

cheers

Scrabble

Mirrorball Man said:
Yeh, why are people complaining about a setlist when they weren't at the show? Why get worked up about something you have no say in?

because we are planning on downloading bootlegs of it eventually and would have rather heard different songs....

Is that somehow invalid?

I'm sure everyone there had a good time. I doubt that anyone doubts that, but that isn't what we're really talking about

Niceman said:

because we are planning on downloading bootlegs of it eventually and would have rather heard different songs....

Is that somehow invalid?

I'm sure everyone there had a good time. I doubt that anyone doubts that, but that isn't what we're really talking about

I have tears in my eyes. I'll leave you to it. Enjoy.

Wow! i think in all honesty some people missed bitching for the two weeks U2 were off...:laugh:

In all seriousness folks i agree with the many of you who say that if your a U2 fan who like to be surprised before going to a concert and not read or listen or watch anything about the tour that your gonna find the setlists amazing.
If you don't like what you see for this tour,for the next tour don't read watch or listen to a thing...then i guarentee you will be shocked at alot of the songs...just an idea.
I for one can't help myself and download every little thing i see about this tour.
But i don't complain, because i'm just not a real big complainer...but thats me :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom