MERGED --> Miss Sarajevo! + Miss Sarajevo again in Zurich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
corianderstem said:
Pardon my ignorance, but who is Terry Lawless?

Consider it pardoned!

Terry Lawless is U2's traveling keyboard player. This might come as a surprise given that U2 seems to be just the four guys onstage, but since the ZooTV tour they've had a guy backstage (or underneath the stage?) playing the keyboard parts to various songs. It's basically so the band can retain the image of just the four amigos onstage without bringing some guy on and off. They obviously don't use Terry for things like New Year's Day, since the audience would be all "Wow, the piano is playing itself!" and Edge has the guitar/piano switching down to a T.

I didnt know that Either :reject: What a cool job being the mysterious secret 5th (or 6th if you count paul mcguiness) member of U2. What a great story to tell to at parties ("Yeah I played with U2 loads of times...everybody would think you were bragging lol)

UnforgettableLemon said:
Had there been any mention of this being rehearsed at all?

It seems like no-one knew anything.

This was completely out of left field, and SO AMAZING!

I couldn't believe it when I heard, Miss Sarajevo... wow, after all these years. :ohmy:

Miss Sarajevo was beyond words. Bono did the Pavarotti aria himself. And took of his classes. And was truely emotional after he was finished, I saw the tears in his eyes. Mind you, he was dedicating this song to Theo van Gogh (killed by a Muslim extremist) and Pim Fortuyn (killed by a Dutch idiot) and he added some new lines, which he read from a paper he was holding in his hands.

This song, together with my HTDAAB favourite Origins of the Species and 40!!! made this the best concert of 3 great nights in Amsterdag

There's already an mp3 of this in Vertigo tour audio/video forum.

edit: WOW! People who think Bono lost his voice need to hear this. The "l'amore"s are amazing.

Last edited:
UN-FUCKING-BELIEVEABLE.

What else is there to say? I though I had entered the twilight zone when they first started playing Zoo Station every night, but this? This is just insane! Amazing. What a setlist!

Man, I really hope some of this stuff comes over to the third leg. Full band OOTS, Miss Sarajevo (though I know that will probably never happen again), Wild Horses, Still Haven't Found...I'd love some of these to appear in North America next leg.

Dammit though! The only tickets I have for that leg are for the FIRST night Philly show. Philly usually doesn't get anything special anyway, let alone a first night show.

I think this Miss Sarajevo is more a dress rehearsal...i think we will at least get one more performance of it in Europe..its too good to only play once.

Thanks, PopFly! I knew there was a mystery keyboard player under the stage, but didn't know his name. Very nice for them to bring him up to receive his glory.

My tickets to all 4 nights in Toronto are tasting that much sweeter right now. :drool:

Im listening to it right now and all I can say is wow, wow, wow!!! I hope this puts an end to Bono's voice being gone. That was by far the most amazing thing I've heard Bono sing. Excellent. I hope this becomes a semi-regular on the tour.

great performance, glad they mixed it up and bono's voice sounded amazing.

but the highlight of the tour is a bit overboard. am i the only one that thinks miss sarajevo is a very weak u2 track (technically not even a u2 song). it's cool they pulled out a rare song, but a weak one at that. hearing bono sing the opera part was great, but overall its a very forgettable song. i hope it doesn't become a regular addition (i seriously doubt it will).

i personally would rather hear running to stand still for the 10th time than miss sarajevo.

jphelmet said:
great performance, glad they mixed it up and bono's voice sounded amazing.

but the highlight of the tour is a bit overboard. am i the only one that thinks miss sarajevo is a very weak u2 track (technically not even a u2 song). it's cool they pulled out a rare song, but a weak one at that. hearing bono sing the opera part was great, but overall its a very forgettable song. i hope it doesn't become a regular addition (i seriously doubt it will).

i personally would rather hear running to stand still for the 10th time than miss sarajevo.

Yea...I would have rather they played Vertigo again.

:wink:

The OOTS said:

Yea...I would have rather they played Vertigo again.

:wink:

somebody said he or she got a first goosebump moment...that is excectaly how I feel...last saturday with ms sarajevo (which is a beautifull song by the way..give me a break jphelmet with the very weak track comments) you could feel it in the air as 5000 people got chills at the same time..THAT was lacking the other shows I attended and it felt like how I felt during Slane:drool:

zwervers2 said:

somebody said he or she got a first goosebump moment...that is excectaly how I feel...last saturday with ms sarajevo (which is a beautifull song by the way..give me a break jphelmet with the very weak track comments) you could feel it in the air as 5000 people got chills at the same time..THAT was lacking the other shows I attended and it felt like how I felt during Slane:drool:

make that 50000 people :wink:

Back
Top Bottom