MERGED --> Major spoiler alert - opening night setlist preview from @U2 blog.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
andyuk said:
please play this setlist

<insert the crappy posted set here>

The rehearsed set in the original post pisses all over that boring, safe, bland set you posted.

i hate when people say u2 fans are whiny

u2 fans are diverse

there are so many fans with different tastes that no matter what they do, some will love it, and some would prefer if they would have gone in a different direction

its inevitable with a fan base as big as theirs

and just because someone would prefer if there were a couple other songs they want to hear, it doesnt mean they wont enjoy the hell out of the show no matter what they play...

That would be a VERY surprising opening night set-list, it looks more like a show later in the tour... which is why I have doubts that it will be it. Plus, it's quite different from the rehearsals lists we've heard in the last few days.

That being said, they might in fact have a few very different set-lists ready, which would be awesome of course. This set-list looks good to me, but definately unexpected !

i just can't see electric co, a cat dubh, into the heart as song 2,3,4 on the opening night! i can maybe see electric co and a cat dubh making the setlist on the odd night but not first night and so close to start

andyuk said:
i just can't see electric co, a cat dubh, into the heart as song 2,3,4 on the opening night! i can maybe see electric co and a cat dubh making the setlist on the odd night but not first night and so close to start

It'd be fecking awesome if they did so, though!

Come on, U2, do it! :up:

Just for comparison purpose, here is what has been reported as yesterday's rehearsal list:

Vertigo
The Fly
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Stuck in a Moment
Love and Peace or Else
Zoo Station
City of Blinding Lights
All Because of You
Ultra Violet
Bad
Beautiful Day
Pride
Where the Streets Have No Name
Walk On
One
I Still Haven't Found
Miracle Drug
Bullet the Blue Sky
With or Without You
Please

Those two rumoured (but credible) set-lists/rehearsal lists are significantly different. That they are rehearsing this that close to opening night does point out to much more diversity in the set-list than we have been used to with U2... Nice...

(btw, I like this one better)

the only gripe i have is Stuck.. otherwise, pretty solid..

I'd like to see bullet in there though.. I suppose it'll be ok if they make LAPOE all theatrical

Where is lemmon????? must have LEMMON!!! anyways looks like a sweet setlist except for the fact that lemmon is not there nor is UTEOTW or discotheque or well okey i guess they can't play all their collection!

solid setlist non the less

i'll bet 100:1 odds with any takers that this will not be the opening night setlist. we've seen tons of setlists, all significantly different- there is no reason to believe this one any more so than the others.

that said- i would be extremely happy with this setlist. it seems to me that all this does is confirm the speculation that the sets will be mixed up.

i wouldn't mind seeing elevation/stuck in a moment/walk on go in favour of some classics like dirty day, please, exit

i think gloria is a great song, but i'm not sure if into the heart, an cat dubh & electric co. would be that great of an idea though... some songs like exit, bullet, new york, you don't need familiarity to enjoy, but i think the older ones will be a lot harder for people to get into the concert with.. well i'm glad i'm going to a third leg show so by that time they'll have a good gauge of what works and what doesn't

bcrt2000 said:
i wouldn't mind seeing elevation/stuck in a moment/walk on go in favour of some classics like dirty day, please, exit

i think gloria is a great song, but i'm not sure if into the heart, an cat dubh & electric co. would be that great of an idea though... some songs like exit, bullet, new york, you don't need familiarity to enjoy, but i think the older ones will be a lot harder for people to get into the concert with.. well i'm glad i'm going to a third leg show so by that time they'll have a good gauge of what works and what doesn't

:huh: U2 broke through on the power of these songs. Not that many people were familiar with U2 when they broke through by playing songs such as An Cat Dubh and The Electric Co. So I don't get what your point is. People would enjoy those songs - they sure did in the past!

I am skeptical of the setlist originally posted in this thread, only because until now we've been led to believe that Original and Crumbs would be played on the tour. *shrugs*

I wouldn't mind these songs being played, but I highly doubt this will be an official running order. Dress rehearsals usually have a more free form nature about them as the band figures out what fits and what doesn't.

I still think we'll see Vertigo as the opener.

Axver said:
Hey, oceane, where did you find that set?

It's from the thread 'Yesterday's rehearsal', originally from u2eastlink.com. Apparently this is what was played last night (Thursday). I don't know how credible it is, but it fits with what another Interferencer said he heard last night too (Still Haven't Found, Pride, which are not on this other set-list).

*pees with excitement*
Now, if only they'll keep playing that power trio of Electric Co., An Cat Dubh and Into The Heart on into November when I get the chance to see them, well, then I'll be really happy...:drool:

Just out of curiosity: what on earth makes anyone believe that this setlist is more likely than the seven gazillion others?

I'm happy finding out when I get there.

oooh

City of Blinding Lights
The Electric Co.
An Cat dubh
Into The Heart
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace Or Else
Elevation
Stuck In a Moment...
Yahweh
Gloria
One
Where the Streets Have No Name
Running to Stand Still
Zoo Station
The Fly
Vertigo
All Because of You
Sunday Bloody Sunday

God I hope not! I'm not interested in hearing The Electric Co., In cat dubh, into the heart,elevation, or Gloria. I would be majorly disappointed. i agree that it shouldn't be simply a greatest hits/singles concert, but these songs seriously bite it. I would love to hear Running to stand still and zoo station though. I'd be willing to put any amount of money that this will NOT be the opening setlist.

sallycinnamon78 said:
Just out of curiosity: what on earth makes anyone believe that this setlist is more likely than the seven gazillion others?

I'm happy finding out when I get there.

It's from atu2.com, a site people tend to trust.

Back
Top Bottom