Melbourne shows 18th and 19th setlist?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annabelle

New Yorker
OK Melbournites - what do you think the guys will play on their final Aussie shows?

( I know it's premature but hey... what the heck... it's not often U2 get down here to Aus )

so lets start speculating....

the Brisbane 7th Nov Setlist:

1- City of Blinding Lights
2- Vertigo
3- Elevation
4- Until The End Of The World
5- New Years Day
6- Beautiful Day
7- Yahweh
8- Walk On
9- Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own

and as
10- Love And Peace Or Else
11- Sunday Bloody Sunday
12- Bullet The Blue Sky
13- Miss Sarajevo
14- Pride
15- Where The Streets Have No Name
16- One
Encore:
17- Zoostation
18- The Fly
18- With Or Without You
19- The Saints Are Coming
20- Angel Of Harlem
21- Kite

I am a bit disappointed that there are not so many of the old songs on the playlist. Personally I could do without:

Angel of Harlem
The Saints
Miss Sarajevo
Yahweh (Yawn...weh)
to be replaced with

Out Of Contol
An Cat Dubh
Staring at the Sun
and
Stay(Faraway, So Close)

your opinion?

and as it's ten to one here (am) and I'm off to work in the morning - I'll leave it up to you :)

Last edited:
nooooo....I like this mix! 3 new songs the first night.... not bad !

I would have added Electric Co and Gloria in the beginning, and it would have been perfect.....

yeah i agree i'm hoping to see Bad i hoped for it at the MCG for Zoo Tv then again i hoped for it at Popmart out at waverly, don't think i'ii get it this time lol, but i love Angel of Harlem the saints, love and peace i could do without. Love to see Running To Stand Still and agree with the rest that you want as well, Wild Horses would be nice (wishful thinking) lol but hey i'm happy with whatever we get :)

Not a fan of the Brisbane set list.

Too much ATYCLB with absolutely no Boy, Zooropa or Pop and Kite as a closer :no:

Honestly could do without Kite, Elevation, SBS, The Saints are Coming and One. Replace these with, RTSS, Electric Co, Stay, Mofo and A Sort of Homecoming :rockon:

unfortunately as australia was starved of the elevation tour , u2 feel they need to inject a little more ATYCLB tracks .......this comes at the very unfortunate loss of some great vintage u2 songs such as : -
electric co , out of control , follow.........

although am confident both syd 3 & mel 2 may see a few of the above

songs i'd like to see dropped.......one,elevation,sbs
replaced by electric , 11 oclock tick tock & u fire........but thats never going to happen :(
heh , am just glad they're here at last !!

I reckon it will be...

1- City of Blinding Lights
2- Vertigo
3- Elevation
4- Mysterious Ways
5- New Years Day
6- Beautiful Day
7- Yahweh
8- Stuck In A Moment
9- Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own
10- Love And Peace Or Else
11- Sunday Bloody Sunday
12- Bullet The Blue Sky
13- Miss Sarajevo
14- Pride
15- Where The Streets Have No Name
16- One

Encore:
17- Zoostation
18- The Fly
18- I Still Havent Found
19- The Saints Are Coming
20- All I Want Is You
21- Kite
22. Window In The Skies

Not very impressive, but I just wanna see U2...

^ Looks like a good setlist to me :) Love your encore choices!

Two songs I could do without are Yahweh and Sometimes but would love to hear 40

As I haven't been on here for a while I'm not up with this Windows in the Skies song...is it one from the beach clips a couple of months ago or something totally different?

could someone post me a link so I can listen? thanks :)

coolian2 said:
The show started late and i think there was a curfew for Brisbane. We can only hope they dropped MW for that reason!

'MW' wasn't dropped. I've seen the printed set list and there were no amendments to it. The band played everything that they were meant to.

jonnytakeawalk said:
Not a fan of the Brisbane set list.

Too much ATYCLB with absolutely no Boy, Zooropa or Pop and Kite as a closer :no:

Honestly could do without Kite, Elevation, SBS, The Saints are Coming and One. Replace these with, RTSS, Electric Co, Stay, Mofo and A Sort of Homecoming :rockon:

The set lists for this tour will not stray far from what was played in Brisbane. There are probably not many more songs that are fully rehearsed and ready to put straight into the set right now. Three or maybe four? I don't know.

As Australia did not get the Elevation Tour, a couple of ATYCLB songs have been added at the expense of a couple of older songs I would probably like to have heard instead, but I'm not fussy when it comes to U2. As long as they are playing music, I'm happy.

The songs you mention wanting to hear, I'd of liked to have seen them included at some point too but I seriously, seriously doubt they will get played. The songs you mention doing without all sounded fantastic. I've seen them play Kite, Elevation, SBS and One many many times before but they still sounded great on Tuesday and Saints had a good kick to it too.

Regarding MW, at a lot of European shows, it was just ZS/Fly/WOWY in the encore, so this isn't unusual.

gr@cie said:
The played it a couple of times on the US leg didn't they?

Nope, Dirty Day has only been played 10 times, all in 1993: 6 in Australia, 2 in New Zealand, 2 in Japan.

:drool: Dirty Day :drool:

- - - - Encore 1 - - - -
Zoo Station
The Fly
Dirty Day
With or Without You

- - - - Encore 2 - - - -
The Saints Are Coming
Original of The Species
Window in The Skies
Walk On

I think the "love, it won't last kissing tiiiiiime" would flow well into the "oooo" of WOWY (See MW>WOWY 14/06/05 to hear this)

Last edited:
And if you want a setlist which could be done using already played songs, whilst staying on the ATYCLB heavy trip.....
I guess you could toss OOTS in there as well :)
This manages to get at least a snippet from every album!

01 City of Blinding Lights (Snippet: Gloria)
02 Elevation (Snippet: Creep)
03 The Cry/The Electric Co. (Snippet: I Can See For Miles)
04 Until The End of The World (Snippet: Two Tribes)
05 New Year's Day
06 Beautiful Day (Snippet: The Goal is Soul)
07 Stuck in A Moment You Can't Get Out of (Snippet: An INXS Song)
08 Bad/For The First Time (Snippet: All I Want is You)
09 Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own (Snippet: One Step Closer)
10 Pride (In The Name of Love)
11 Love And Peace or Else (Snippet: Love is Blindness)
12 Sunday Bloody Sunday (Snippet: Rock The Kasbah)
13 Bullet The Blue Sky (Snippet: Please)
14 Running To Stand Still (Hallelujiah Version)
15 Where The Streets Have No Name (Minus Speech)
16 One (With 'Can You Hear us Comin' Coda)
17 Walk On (With Hallelujiah ending)

18 Zoo Station
19 The Fly
20 Mysterious Ways
21 With or Without You (Snippet: Love Can Tear Us Apart/Shine Like Stars)

22 The Saints Are Coming (Snippet: Dirty Day)
23 Kite/Yahweh
24 Vertigo (Snippet: Stories For Boys)

Last edited:
coolian2 said:
I would fall over if they played Desire. :drool:

:)

I actually had "Desire" in for "Angel" in one of my setlists, but thought it was unlikely. Good to see the boys can still pull a surprise out.

thelaj said:
:drool: Dirty Day :drool:
Actually...I was mucking around with setlists and discovered that New Years Day-Beautiful Day-Dirty Day-Last Night On Earth works really well. I'm calling it the day/night suite ;)

Back
Top Bottom