Master list of performed and rehearsed songs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Axver

Vocal parasite
I thought it would be a good idea to gather together our sources and create a master list of songs that have been either performed on the promo tour or said to be rehearsed. The following list is just from my memory, so feel free to add anything else that has been rumoured, and this list will probably grow for the next ten days.

BOY
I Will Follow
An Cat Dubh
Into The Heart
Out Of Control
Stories For Boys
The Ocean

OCTOBER
Gloria

OCTOBER-TO-WAR
A Celebration

WAR
Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Year's Day

THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Wire
The Unforgettable Fire

THE JOSHUA TREE
Where The Streets Have No Name
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
With Or Without You
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Exit

RATTLE AND HUM (AND ERA)
Desire
Angel Of Harlem
All I Want Is You
She's A Mystery To Me

ACHTUNG BABY
Zoo Station
One
Until The End Of The World
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Ultra Violet
Love Is Blindness

ZOOROPA
Lemon

POP
Staring At The Sun

ALL THAT YOU CAN'T LEAVE BEHIND
Beautiful Day
Stuck In A Moment
Elevation
Walk On
New York

HOW TO DISMANTLE AN ATOMIC BOMB
Whole album, including Fast Cars.

What have I missed? Let's make this list as comprehensive as possible.

I think I saw Bad and Who's gonna ride your wild horses being mentioned on the rehearsals too.

Last edited:
U2girl said:
I think I saw Bad and Who's gonna ride your wild horses being mentioned on the rehearsals too.

I remember Wild Horses, but I don't remember Bad. Hope it was mentioned, though!

Aardvark747 said:
Zoo Station was rumoured too!!:hyper:

Apparently someone in Vancouver heard AT LEAST the intro and there were mutterings of it around October last year. We do know Dallas soundchecked it for the TOTP mini-gig.

Wire
The Unforgettable Fire

When were this two rehearsed? Or where is the post stating they were rehearsed? Just want to see for myself. :wink:

That would be so cool if they played these two somewhere along the way.

markoajda said:
Wire
The Unforgettable Fire

When were this two rehearsed? Or where is the post stating they were rehearsed? Just want to see for myself. :wink:

That would be so cool if they played these two somewhere along the way.

Honestly, I can't remember where it is, but I believe they were by artdirector and were made on a thread somewhere in this sub-forum. Apparently someone present at wherever U2 were rehearsing before they went to Mexico heard those two, if I remember correctly.

Weren't those the rumors from Dublin?
Rehearsing Unforgettable fire, Wire and Exit?

According to at least one source that claims to have listened to Vancouver rehearsals, Bad has been practiced:

This is from a post by "Mister Macphisto" on March 17:

"This is just in case nobody has posted anything regarding rehearsal songs yet.
Tonight my friends and I were lucky enough to hear some great music coming from the inside of GM Place. We gathered outside of the arena between the hours of 6pm and 11:30pm tonight and this is what we heard. In no particular order.

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Stuck In A Moment
Love And Peace Or Else
Out Of Control
City Of Blinding Lights
All Because Of You
Yahweh
Bad
Beautiful Day
Pride
Where The Streets Have No Name
Walk On
Elevation
One
I Still Haven't Found
Vertigo
Miracle Drug
Bullet The Blue Sky
With Or Without You
Running To Stand Still

There were only about a dozen people listening tonight and I'm sure that we all had the time of our lives."

U2girl said:
Weren't those the rumors from Dublin?
Rehearsing Unforgettable fire, Wire and Exit?

I think they were from artdirector, he had a friend who was in CA where they were practicing.

My god, do you guys realize that all the songs that Axver listed plus all the other ones that were mentioned, make up between 50 and 60 songs? If they actually rotate those songs and play all of them during the tour, this could be one hell of a tour.

RademR said:

I think they were from artdirector, he had a friend who was in CA where they were practicing.

Yep, though Exit was also heard in Dublin last year.

AX sometimes i think me and you never leave the blue crack.

(just realized that I am now a official "New Yorker"_))

namkcuR said:
My god, do you guys realize that all the songs that Axver listed plus all the other ones that were mentioned, make up between 50 and 60 songs? If they actually rotate those songs and play all of them during the tour, this could be one hell of a tour.

Yeah, there are so many songs, it's unbelieveable. I'm sure some of these rumours are fraudulent but it's hard to tell which! I was thinking about this last night and I noted that we have over half of Boy, The Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, ATYCLB, and HTDAAB rumoured. What does that tell you about the depth of U2's music? They can go back to their roots, play their classics, and draw upon a vast range of recent material.

The more I think about this, the more I believe we are in for a sensational tour.

RademR said:
AX sometimes i think me and you never leave the blue crack.

(just realized that I am now a official "New Yorker"_))

I'm addicted to this place. And as I have not a whole lot else to do with my time at the moment, I really am on here for much of the day ...

I can't see "Gone" not making at least a few cameos on the tour, it's such a favorite of the band.

Out of the rumours 50-60 songs, I have a problem believing the rumor about Cat Dubh/Into the Heart, especially the Ocean. Don't see that as being realistic. If they are going to go back to BOY, bring back "Electric Co"

on atu2.com's blog someone said they thought they heard Even better than the real thing.

Can't wait for opening night's setlist.

RademR said:
Out of the rumours 50-60 songs, I have a problem believing the rumor about Cat Dubh/Into the Heart, especially the Ocean. Don't see that as being realistic. If they are going to go back to BOY, bring back "Electric Co"

yeah.

Electric co it is, look in the "Friday March 18 - any rehearsals?" thread.

Has anyone added up the amount of all of these songs? :shocked:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom