Master list of performed and rehearsed songs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2FanPeter said:
<<proof of them in mexico>>

The write up about the new U2 specail by VH1 mentions mexico as part of their rehearsals.

U2FP

Seems more believable then.......but the rumored songs from the Mexico rehearsals were pretty out there to say the least.......like "Lemon" for example.......no way is Bono going to risk shattering his vocal chords on that thing....

I just think that u2 would appear onstage in full drag than ever play Lemon on US soil. Europe is still possible.

Keep in mind that singing falsetto is not that hard on vocal chords. However Bono singing "wide awake" in Bad and "feels" in Vertigo are more of a concern.

U2FP

I spoke to Steve Lillywhite inside the elipse at both the San Diego 2 and Anaheim 1 shows. On both occasions he came in to watch Kings Of Leon for a few minutes. I told him I was one of the people who got into the LA Dress Rehearsal show and that I could see him and Gavin Friday taking notes throughout the show from the VIP stage in front of the mixing board. He told me that he was serving as a consultant to the band in helping them put together the show through at least the Anaheim shows and possibly L.A. as well.

Amongst the things I asked Steve about was if he was with them in rehearsals in Mexico and Vancouver. He said he was not there in Mexico but had been in Vancouver. I mentioned I had read about the various songs that were rehearsed and speciafilly mentioned Lemon and he confirmed that it had been rehearsed. I then mentioned A Celebration to which he responded with a smile on his face "the band deny they even have a song called A Celebration". This leads me to believe that if they did actually play it in Mexico, it was never intended to be more than just for fun.

Another thing I asked Steve was if he was going to be producing the sound on the tour dvd as he did on the Live in Boston dvd. he said he had not been asked and he really has not heard much talk yet about a dvd for Vertigo.

Last edited:
Halup said:
I spoke to Steve Lillywhite inside the elipse at both the San Diego 2 and Anaheim 1 shows. On both occasions he came in to watch Kings Of Leon for a few minutes. I told him I was one of the people who got into the LA Dress Rehearsal show and that I could see him and Gavin Friday taking notes throughout the show from the VIP stage in front of the mixing board. He told me that he was serving as a consultant to the band in helping them put together the show through at least the Anaheim shows and possibly L.A. as well.

Amongst the things I asked Steve about was if he was with them in rehearsals in Mexico and Vancouver. He said he was not there in Mexico but had been in Vancouver. I mentioned I had read about the various songs that were rehearsed and speciafilly mentioned Lemon and he confirmed that it had been rehearsed. I then mentioned A Celebration to which he responded with a smile on his face "the band deny they even have a song called A Celebration". This leads me to believe that if they did actually play it in Mexico, it was never intended to be more than just for fun.

Another thing I asked Steve was if he was going to be producing the sound on the tour dvd as he did on the Live in Boston dvd. he said he had not been asked and he really has not heard much talk yet about a dvd for Vertigo.

Great info! Thanks! :up: So that means Lemon might pop up in some show some day! :ohmy:

According to the master list this could be the ultimate setlist for 1 special town -

Set 1-
COBL
Vertigo/Stories for Boys
Elevation
Cry/The Electric Co.
Wire
An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart
The Unforgettable Fire
Gloria
A Celebration
The Ocean
Beautiful Day
New York
Miracle Drug
With or Without You
Love is Blindness

Set 2
October/New Year's Day
One Step Closer
Kite
Sometimes
Real Thing
Mysterious Ways
A Man and a Woman
Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of
Angel of Harlem
Fast Cars
Desire
Staring at the Sun
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Exit
Love and Peace or Else
Sunday, Bloody Sunday
Surrender
Bullet the Blue Sky/The Hands That Built America
Running to Stand Still/human rights

Set 3 -
I Will Follow
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Walk On
Bad/All I Want is You
Zoo Station
The Fly/Ultraviolet
Lemon
Until the End of the World
Pride
Please/Where the Streets Have No Name
Crumbs from Your Table
Original of the Speicies
Yahweh
One

Encores -
All Because of You
Out of Control
"40"

.....and we all know how likely that is.

Axver said:
I think the band might be keeping Electrical Storm for Europe as it was more successful as a single there. They probably think Hands is more appropriate for US shows or something. I hope Electrical Storm pulls an UTEOTW and appears even though no-one said it was being rehearsed.
“We’ll stick with it the way it is for the next few shows. We have other material to get working on. A few surprises to bring as the tour gets on. We tried a few things (on the first night) that didn’t always work. ‘Elevation’ went a bit south and we came off at the corners a few times with ‘The Fly’. You know, I wasn’t sure what we were before, if we were still a rock band. But when I was whacking the tambourine on ‘All Because Of You’, it felt like an old song, like we were back, like we were a rock band again. At times it was a political rally, at time it was a gospel tent, at times it was a Las Vegas show.”

- Bono, commenting on hitting Europe

Back
Top Bottom